Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK Front LCA bushings

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Front LCA bushings

While removing the axles in order to do the transmission removal, I encountered my worst enemy again, the fluted bolt that siezes to the metal inner sleeve of the bushings for the shock fork to lca mount. I heated and impacted again and again, but inevitably the rubber gave way. This is not anything new to me as being from upstate NY has given me the experience with this specific problem time and time again. What i didn't expect was that after I hacked off the bolt in order to remove the lower fork from the shock and then remove the axle was the fact that the bushings were not available to replace seperate from the lower arm. My 93 Acura Integra, 95 civic ex 2dr, 92 civic si hatch, and 90 civic hatch all list part numbers for the individual lca bushings front and rear. I gave the local Honda dealer a list of what parts I need and in that was the lca bushing, and he called me and said that it was not available separate, they wanted close to $180 for the whole lca. Well I obviously wasn't going to buy a whole new arm to fix one bushing. So I opted to go the route of the ES master kit, which I have installed on all the cars I own. I just hoped that I wouldn't have to go this route because the car is fairly new compared to what I have driven in the past and I wanted to stay oem if I could. With the ES master kit at roughly $155, it was an easy decision. I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and what they may have done about it? I was also wondering if anyone had any idea if the 94+ integra Front LCA shock mount bushings were a good part number to cross over to the lca for the 99 civic hatch? Apparently the bushings are available separately for the Acura, I don't know why not for Honda?