Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   EK Civic Vibration under Accel/decel Low speed/ High Speed (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/ek-civic-vibration-under-accel-decel-low-speed-high-speed-3310267/)

Austin Hohman 11-08-2017 09:12 AM

EK Civic Vibration under Accel/decel Low speed/ High Speed

Hi guys. I feel like I've tried everything. I searched and searched but I didnt find a situation exactly like mine so I decided to post.
My civic will vibrate under acceleration even in second gear as low as 30mph. If i drive with a light foot, the vibration will not be felt until 70-80mph
I can be going 75mph (the worst vibration speed) and lift my foot off the gas so that I'm barely using the engine and the vibration is almost nothing. Put the pedal to the floor and the vibration hits hard. Take my foot off the pedal, vibration
The vibration does not occur under braking.
Ek Civic Coupe
H22a4 swap
I recently bought new buddy club p1's
Brand new 205/40/16 Federal Tires
Brand new MOOG inner and outer tie rods
Fresh alignment
Brand New Koni/GC
Brand new Insane shafts axles

Yes, it had this vibration before I installed these parts

civic402lx 11-08-2017 11:18 AM

Re: EK Civic Vibration under Accel/decel Low speed/ High Speed

Get your tires balance.

Austin Hohman 11-08-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by civic402lx (Post 51471635)
Get your tires balance.

Tires are brand new.... Balanced

Also, this is why I included the fact that the vibration happens at about 30mph too. Wouldnt be very typical for an unbalanced wheel (s) to produce a vibration at that low of a speed.

civic402lx 11-08-2017 01:40 PM

I had 4 new tires balanced and mounted by a local reputable shop. It vibrates at low speed and high speed. Had to take it somewhere else to get rebalance. No more vibrations.

tony_2018 11-09-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Austin Hohman (Post 51471755)
Tires are brand new.... Balanced

Also, this is why I included the fact that the vibration happens at about 30mph too. Wouldnt be very typical for an unbalanced wheel (s) to produce a vibration at that low of a speed.

You must know something that we don' t know about these vibrations that are occurring. Since you bought all these NEW parts, or "NEW TO ME" parts. I dunno which is which.

Originally Posted by Austin Hohman (Post 51471423)
Hi guys. I feel like I've tried everything. I searched and searched but I didnt find a situation exactly like mine so I decided to post.
My civic will vibrate under acceleration even in second gear as low as 30mph. If i drive with a light foot, the vibration will not be felt until 70-80mph
I can be going 75mph (the worst vibration speed) and lift my foot off the gas so that I'm barely using the engine and the vibration is almost nothing. Put the pedal to the floor and the vibration hits hard. Take my foot off the pedal, vibration
The vibration does not occur under braking.
Ek Civic Coupe
H22a4 swap
I recently bought new buddy club p1's
Brand new 205/40/16 Federal Tires
Brand new MOOG inner and outer tie rods
Fresh alignment
Brand New Koni/GC
Brand new Insane shafts axles

Yes, it had this vibration before I installed these parts

I suggest you look everything over. Vibrations have to occur somewhere that you aren't telling us and if you decide to respond with EVERYWHERE than it doesn't help and leads us back to your buddy clubs being piece of shit rims. Also a suggestion, GET ROAD FORCE BALANCING.