Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ek B18c1 swap mount issues help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ek B18c1 swap mount issues help

First off thank you for taking the time to help out! Now 00 ex putting in a obd1 gsr. Upper trans mount bolted lower motor mount bolted(under drivers fender well) Have a b series rear t bracket out of a 99-00 si. Rear bracket is about 2.5 inches away from lineing up with the bolt holes. Used a very large pry bar couldn even come close to lining up. Any insight? D series mount different than b series mount?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:26 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ek B18c1 swap mount issues help

It sounds like you have all the right mounts. B-series rear T mount is correct. Did you change the mount in the timing cover? I can't remember exactly what I used, but I know I swapped mine.

really hate to say it, but it sounds like you just don't have everything lined up correctly. Mine was a MAJOR pain to get that T mount lined up. Are you lined up on the upper driver's side?

I'd tackle it by removing the lower torque mounts completely. Those go on last. Then raise the engine up again and do your best to try to drop it on all 3 main mounts at once. If you get it dropped on the transmission and timing cover mounts, the T bracket should fall right into place. The torque mounts are just going to screw you up until you get the other 3 mounts in.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks vindicator for the reply! Yes i did it several different ways. Took all mounts off and did the rear one first and tried to mount the others and then the others would be way to far off. The timing bracket is not in yet! Havent picked that one up yet had several people claming they had it and had cash in hand to pay for it and nobody would show. The head is not on the block yet due to finishing the port and polish. I just finished porting it last night so. But back on topic is there any way that the d series mount is wrong? Did you convert to all b series mounts or reuse your d series? Ive seen that the mounts are all the same it's the brackets that are different. I may have to hook the red monster back up and retry!(hoist)
I'm on the right track and just comfused as to why it's not lining up. You did this same swap? I'm assuming that you did this along time ago? I had to deal with that d series for 9 years finally gonna try to enjoy the b series. and now everybody is going k! just cant catch up lmao.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2 and a half inches?!?! sounds like you have the wrong T bracket then... or the mount that goes on the clamshell ( the crossmember where the rack is) is somehow bolted in wrong lol... or maybe u have the wrong mount? u using the 2 post offset driver side mount from the B16??

PICS!!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

See thats what i was thinking! My thoughts are it is a b series bracket but maybe not compatible with may clamshell! The b series t bracket is bigger than the d series correct? Yea it's not even close to lining up. I do have some pics camera is at home try to post them tonight. Just don't really want to have to pay for another bracket if i don't have to. just don't make sense got it off a guy that seemed like he knew what he was talking but could also just be a GOOD BULL SHI%%#$ ya know. I have ase's and a college degree in automotive so i normally pick up on bs farely easy but i may have missed it this time. Are the teg b brackets different than the si's? Here are a couple of pics from my phone most of the good pics are on my camera so.
Attached Images      

Last edited by johnzy00; 12-14-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the auto and manual T brackets are different, and the guy could have been lying. If you could get measurements or find a part number, maybe it'd help.

When I was dropping another D series in my 4 door, I just connected the top mounts and then rocked the motor back to get the T mount.

If you're sure you have the right mounts, you could loosen the top mounts from the motor and trans and maybe get enough room to wiggle it to where you can get the T mount, and then tighten the other mounts back up.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have loosened the other mounts and tried just bolting the rear bracket up and when I do that the others are way off.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

None of the pictures you posted help.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so I found a picture that may be of use to future people you all may already know this I did not. Thanks all for trying to help. Should be ordering the right one through honda to be sure i get the right one today and hopefully up and running this weekend.
Attached Images