Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EJ6-JDM ITR - 193.8 whp/133 ft/lbs - STOCK MOTOR / STOCK ECU : DYNO CHART INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 EJ6-JDM ITR - 193.8 whp/133 ft/lbs - STOCK MOTOR / STOCK ECU : DYNO CHART INSIDE

Yesterday I took the trip down to Evans-Tuning in Mt.Bethel PA. After a frantic morning I made it to Evans shop about 5 minutes after my 2:00 appointment was scheduled for. ( PA people drive so slooooww...) He was running a few minutes late, which was great for me cause now I had some time to check everything over and let it cool down a bit from sitting at 43oo RPM for 2 hours.....

(Jeff's shop is amazing btw...very nice and clean and plenty of eye candy....)

We got the car into the shop and hooked up the DynaPack dyno to the car. I am anticipating getting a Hondata S300 setup, so Jeff logs my information in to the computer as such. He looks over the car and asks me the routine questions, and I give him a full break down of the car.

- '96 Civic Coupe
- '96 JDM ITR Swap
- AEM Hybrid 3" CAI w/ BLOX Velocity Stack and filter
- AEM Fuel Rail
- AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
- RC 310cc Injectors
- Fujitsibo J-Spec Headers (4-2-1)
- Test Pipe
- Apex'i WSII Exhaust
- Completely STOCK Internals in head
- Completely STOCK untouched bottom end
- Stock P73 JDM ITR ECU

(I also brought with me new plugs, new fuel filter, and Buddy Club Cam Gears if needed)

I tell him that I have driven other Type R's and raced ITR's before, and this motor is way stronger and feels completely freaked out...With a smile he says, lets runs a baseline.

Watching and hearing my first pull on a dyno put the biggest smile on my face. FINALLY.... Jeff cycles through computer screens and says WOW!....you weren't lying... first baseline pull yields 191.2 whp / 128 ft/lbs of torque!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I KNEW IT! I was so happy.....Jeff looks and me and says stock motor and ECU making crazy power, we should be able to pick up a nice chunk of mid-range and a little up top for sure....

We disconnect the P73 and put the harness and S300 in. Jeff starts to work his magic, and makes a few pulls. 192/130, 191/131, 194/135, 195/135, 194/136......*(numbers not exact, but all in that range*) Jeff was going back and forth throwing fuel at it, more timing, less timing,(distributor movement only, not camgears) and a whole slew of tricks and the motor was was just eating it all up and staying in the same range...minor changes here and there but nothing significant...

With the S300 we had a large gain in tq.at 4500 rpm from the 3" AEM CAI, but had a loss from about 5000-6k rpm. So it gained a total of about 12 ft/lbs of torque at 4500, but it also had a greater loss than the baseline run between 5-6k.....

Jeff tells me that its pretty much maxed out. And im lucky I have the fuel components I do because my 310cc injectors are running at 96-97% capacity! If I had the stock injectors, it would have been way too lean and falling on its face at the end up top...Everything that I had done to it, is just adapting so well with the motor that it just works. And good.

Trying to justify spending the $500+ dollars for the Hondata ECU that was only making 3-5 more whp, and a decent amount of torque, I ask Jeff if we can put the Stock ECU back in and see what she does now that he has made some adjustments and got it all dialed in. Jeff instantly agrees and we switch ECU's back to my stock P73.

Jeff makes a pull with the stock computer re-installed with the minor timing and fuel adjustments he had made, and some tightening up and made 193.8 whp and 133 ft/lbs of torque!!!

The peak number HP here is actually 195.1, but he plotted right before that dip at the end which was 193.8. With the adjustments he made while trying to tune the S3oo, he picked up 2.6 whp and 5 ft/lbs of torque from our first baseline pulls.

Jeff was amazed with the power it was making on all stock components, but more impressive with the STOCK ECU. He told me he can eventually get the S3oo to those numbers but it would take time and again, be right about the same as what the OEM ECU was running.

I squared up with Jeff for the adjustments and dyno time, and left with my stock ECU installed, and the Buddy Club camgears, fuel filter, and plugs all still the bag they came in. I couldnt be any happier honestly with how the appointment turned out. It would have been great to get the S3oo, and I was fully ready to, but somehow for some reason the OEM ECU was doing it job, and doing it well.....

Jeff said he thinks I was the first person in his 8 years of tuning to leave the shop with the stock ECU installed.

I dont know what to say other than its an absolute true factory freak....

I posted this in the All Motor section as well, but I wanted to put it here because people always have the debate of what is better and what works. Well this goes to show you you can throw all kinds of parts and $$ into a motor and some are just going to perform better than others. The guy who was on the dyno before my had a GSr with P30 pistons, some head work and Skunk2 Pro1's on Hondata s3oo and made 191 whp......

Old 04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EJ6-JDM ITR - 193.8 whp/133 ft/lbs - STOCK MOTOR / STOCK ECU : DYNO CHART INSIDE

Very impressive, I have seen most of type r doing 170whp to max of 183whp
this are wheel HP not wheel hub HP like dynopack
Old 04-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EJ6-JDM ITR - 193.8 whp/133 ft/lbs - STOCK MOTOR / STOCK ECU : DYNO CHART INSIDE

really nice numbers and healthy motor, on STOCK ECU!!! take care of it!!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by evildc2

Originally Posted by -__-
really nice numbers and healthy motor, on STOCK ECU!!! take care of it!!

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by evildc2
so his 193 is hub power not wheel power?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks to me as these numbers are for HP at the flywheel... The chart says "torque flywheel" I could be wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

everything was measured at the hub...

i would think the dynapak would be more accurate because of things things like wheel slippage on the rollers, and stretch on the straps that hold the car down pull after pull....its never going to be the same...

and doesn't the dynapak account for resistance/load?