Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EJ2 "Build" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJ2 "Build" Thread

What's up HT I'm new here and I thought that I'd start a thread of my 93 DX coupe to keep track of what I've done to it and to see what advice people on here have. Here's how she looked when I first bought her 2 months ago:

And here's what I've done since:

Got some bay visors for the rear and side windows
Traded the 17s for some Track Rs and scooped up a roof rack for cheap. Also adjusted the height for the 15 inch wheels
Kinda missing the 17s because they were light asf. Probably around 12-13 lbs and I can feel the difference. Track Rs run about 15-16 lbs IIRC so for a noticeable difference they must've been pretty light. Not sure what brand they were but the guy I traded them to traded them to some other guy who said they were legit wheels straight from Japan Oh well I liked the way these looked better anyway.

Before
After
Touched up the clear coat some. It's still shitty but with the rack on you only really notice the peeling on the trunk unless you're up close

Before
After
I also touched up the paint on the Track Rs. Not bad for a rattle can job if I do say so myself

I should probably wear gloves next time

Traded the Track Rs for Jmags. Been wanting these for a while.

I blew a tire last week and had to replace all four My fault because I came onto a circular on ramp too fast and spun out into the median. My front lip came off and everyday I pass its shattered remains on the way from work.
She sits lower than in these pics now, I'll write up more about the PITA that was after I run a few errands. I have some things that came in the mail today that I can't wait to put on so I'll take pics and get more into the technical stuff later today. For now any feedback is welcome and also any ideas and advice on what you guys think I should do, like, or dislike about the car, or any questions about her.