Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ej1 problem need acvice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ej1 problem need acvice

so i have an ej1 completely stock and i dont know wut the part is called put its a bar that goes from the trany to the wheels and has a pump or a bag sort of thing tha containg grease or oil inside.. now my riight one poped not too long ago and got it replaced for about 60 "thw whole bar" but now my left is popped and i dont know wut to do.. should i get the whole bar or just the pump..??? and why do they pop and spill greas all opver my wheel whale.. ...
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (ej--1socal)

i'm guessing it's the driveshaft or axle that you're referring to?

if so, replace it with a new one and you should be good to go for a while. it's an item that is prone to wear and tear over time (the CV boot that hold the grease). it's a typical thing to replace on civics eventually.

you could try to do a rebuild since the boot kit and grease is pretty cheap, but it's a messy job and i wouldn't recommend it since it's easier to replace the axle completely.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 AM

Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (Mashimaro)

thanks dude .. but is keeping a torn boot harmfull to the car?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it makes a mess on the inside of your rims and shortens the life of the CV joints by losing the grease that lubricates and letting dirt and grit get in.
otherwise, the boots are just for looks!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would replace it though, if you let the boot stay like that for a while the bearings that the boot covers may get seized up. the dealer makes a boot kit to replace the boot, banjo bands, and grease. not very hard to fix if you have tools to do it.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HitF8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would replace it though, if you let the boot stay like that for a while the bearings that the boot covers may get seized up. the dealer makes a boot kit to replace the boot, banjo bands, and grease. not very hard to fix if you have tools to do it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dud this guy should not be able to own a honda if he didnt know it was a axle come on a bar with a pump like thing this has to be the biggest [freak]ing noooooooooob
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 PM

Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (superfast666)

kooll. . as for mr superfast 66..6 u know tru i am a noob i never said i wasnt.. and im shure i am like u once were .. we all learn at some point...
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM

its called initiative try reading a book
Old 08-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej--1socal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kooll. . as for mr superfast 66..6 u know tru i am a noob i never said i wasnt.. and im shure i am like u once were .. we all learn at some point... </TD></TR></TABLE>

its cool bro everyone has to learn some how, probably the best way to learn is to watch someone do it or let someone show you how to do it. learning how to do the basic things to your car is awsome cuz you can save a sh*t ton of money. just go buy a craftsman set and go to town on your car lol j/k don't do that. Good Luck
Old 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (HitF8)

IF I COULD I PROBABLY WOULD... HUHAHAHA
Old 08-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its ok not to know but you have to learn that here in honda-hate people will call you things such as noob and such. Thats why its better to try to figure things out on your own. Learn the basics and go from there. I suggest that you try to replace the boot yourself that way you can get your feet wet, per say. Whats the worse that can happen, you waist 25 bucks but at least you tried. If worse comes to worse you can have the whole axle shaft replaced. Dont worry about the haters but you have to realize that there is ALOT of information out there. Buy the Helms at Autozone. This book has saved countless dollars. Goodluck and dont worry about the twirps in this site saying **** online that they wouldnt have the ***** to say to you in person.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
nub
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (ExCon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExCon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its ok not to know but you have to learn that here in honda-hate people will call you things such as noob and such. Thats why its better to try to figure things out on your own. Learn the basics and go from there. I suggest that you try to replace the boot yourself that way you can get your feet wet, per say. Whats the worse that can happen, you waist 25 bucks but at least you tried. If worse comes to worse you can have the whole axle shaft replaced. Dont worry about the haters but you have to realize that there is ALOT of information out there. Buy the Helms at Autozone. This book has saved countless dollars. Goodluck and dont worry about the twirps in this site saying **** online that they wouldnt have the ***** to say to you in person.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
WORD
Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 PM

Location: ....................................................................................................
Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (nub)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nub &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
WORD</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExCon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buy the Helms at Autozone. This book has saved countless dollars. Goodluck and dont worry about the twirps in this site saying **** online that they wouldnt have the ***** to say to you in person. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Autozone sells the $20 Haynes manuals. I don't think they can even get the Helms shop manual (which is used by Honda).
Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ej1 problem need acvice (NOFX)

Heynes is what i have. Either way the only thing that the Haynes doesnt show you is how to rebuild a transmission. Haynes will work just as well.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:05 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExCon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heynes is what i have. Either way the only thing that the Haynes doesnt show you is how to rebuild a transmission. Haynes will work just as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The Helms manual shows MUCH more and goes much farther into detail. The Hanes manual only shows you mechanical too.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 AM

Default Re: (tazeat)

good feedback guys... appriciated.. didnt think was gonna get this much...