Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Eibach vs. ITR swaybars for street/autocross

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach vs. ITR swaybars for street/autocross

I've looked through the archives for hours and I haven't found the information I want. Does anyone have personal experience with Eibach swaybars compared to the ITR complete set-up in a EG (I have a 93 Civic Si)?

Currently the springs are stock but I'm thinking about going with the Eibach Pro Kit and Koni yellow sports. The car would be a daily driver with a fair share of auto-x thrown into the mix so I want it to have a comfortable ride yet be predictable and controllable at the limit and through low, medium, and high speed corners, etc.

1) It seems like everyone is wild about the ITR rear bar set-up, but does the set-up make the car oversteer drastically or is it more neutral?

2) Would the Eibach swaybars be a better idea because it's tuned already for the Prokit springs?

3) What swaybar do you use in FRONT to match the ITR REAR swaybar and do I have to change anything up front too (i.e. lower control arms, etc.)?

4) If I go with the rear ITR bar, I know that I'll have to change the rear LCA's over to the GSR LCA's...does this mean I have to get Koni shocks that are designed for the Integra or would I get them for my Civic?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:07 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eibach vs. ITR swaybars for street/autocross (Thunder)

i'll make this short and simple.... leave your stock front bar and get a either a itr (22mm) or larger rear bar. personally, i run a mugen 26mm rear and i find the car is pretty neutral. but, it depends on driving style.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:56 AM
New User

Go with the ITR bar. Best bang for the buck. Also, if you plan on doing any real racing spend a few extra bucks for a set of coilovers from GC or something. I have the Eibach pros on Koni yellows with an ITR rear bar and the stock front SI bar. I find that the only thing i don't like about the setup is the springs, they are just a tad too soft for me.

Mike
Old 12-06-2001, 08:28 AM
Trial User

I've been researching trying to peice togther my suspension also. So I'll try to answer what I can with what info I've gotten, so hope it is not wrong
If you get rear LCA's from a GSR you can use the same shocks eg, or DC2. If you get the ITR LCA's then you need to get the shocks for those because of the bolt mount on the shocks as opposed to the fork mount used on the DC2 and EG.

Since I don't have my suspension done yet I can't comment from experience on what setup to go with as far as which sway bars to use with prokits. But I think you won't get the drastic oversteer with the ITR rear swaybar like it sounds like you are worried about. I think it will be more neutral with maybe slight oversteer. Again this isn't speaking from experience but what I've derived from my own research right now.
My own plans as of right now, I have a set of Eibach Sportlines (I don't autocross yet, I think I'll like the ride better, I have two friends with integras with sportlines, I like the ride) , get a set of Koni yellows or KYB AGX (more my price range), I have 99 Si front and rear calipers trailering arm, spindle, front knuckle. DC2 LCAs, need to get the master cyl, brake booster assembly from something, and plan to get a rear swaybar, not sure on the size yet though.
I think this is going to lead to a great handaling car, I hope anyways. I don't think it matters really if you go with the eibach or ITR swaybar base it more on the size and stiffness on the swaybar as to if it will give you more oversteer or more neutral handling. Either way I doubt you will be unhappy with the setup.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:25 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my Eibach sways/Prokits, I've had them for 5+ years now.
Car will drift the rear, but you have to invoke it.
I've seen too many Hondas wrecked with ITR bars on the back.

"I dunno what happened, the back end slide out when I had to avoid (insert object) in the middle of road."
Old 12-07-2001, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Eibach vs. ITR swaybars for street/autocross (Mista Bone)

Does anybody have any problems with rattles with their new set-ups?

mps9506- I was considering the KYB AGX's too and then I kept reading how people were blowing them left and right after they lowered their cars 2" or more (Sportlines or GC's). Then I talked to a mechanic and he said he wouldn't recommend them because he's seen them go out after 3,000 miles on stock springs several times and some were even shot after 1,000 miles (to be fair they say they've reengineered the shocks since then). And KYB won't warranty the shocks if they've been used on cars that are lowered too much. So I figured the extra $150 was probably worth it after all. He did recommend Tokico though...and I know I loved my Tokico HP's (blues) on my 1986 CRX Si.

Yeah, I was wondering about people adding a rear bar without balancing it in front like some do with the ITR set-up... Also, have you had any under-car clearance issues Mista Bone?

Thanks everyone.

[Modified by Thunder, 12:52 PM 12/7/2001]
Old 12-07-2001, 07:56 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The front bar is tight around the center tunnel. When you raise the car, the bar does hit. This limits amount of droop of the front wheels when in the air.