Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Eibach Suspension and other things

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Suspension and other things

Hey Honda-Tech,
Been a long time since I posted on here. Mostly I use this site for searching and such for problem solving (Came in handy for installing 02 sensors, brakes and adjusting valves). Been pretty busy with work, school and working on a master's, but I'll try to keep this short. Basically I have a mostly stock 00 si (obviously) and through my part time job I can get a pretty good deal on either eibach sportline or pro-kit springs and eibach dampers. The deal is pretty good but its also all we carry in the way of lowering for my car. So I'm trying to decide which to get, I've done a little research seen a few pics but not quite what I was looking for. I'm looking for opinions between the two really based on the following:

Its mostly stock. Its going to stay mostly stock for the foreseeable future. It has an intake and exhaust and that its.
It is my daily driver.
Its on stock 15 inch si wheels.
I'm not going to lie, its mostly for aesthetic purposes and to add a little bit to the handling because I've never experienced a lowered car before.
I'm looking for opinions/pics of either of the spring sets on a stock coupe.

Also I have a few questions.
Will I have any problems with rubbing on either set of springs?
Through researching I've seen there's no need for a camber kit as long as the toe is aligned asap, correct?
Are there any special things to do during installation that wouldn't apply to installing stock springs/struts (cutting bump stops etc...)?

Thanks for any input or information, I appreciate it.