Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

eGay knock off FOG LIGHT Wiring HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 eGay knock off FOG LIGHT Wiring HELP!!

I need help!! I have tried searching for eBay knock off fog light kits everywhere. I downloaded the OEM installation manual but no help. Does anybody have a link for EG Ebay wiring install??
Im guesing the 3 black ones are grounds, the blue/orange go together
but where does the purple one go??

Old 01-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Default Re: eGay knock off FOG LIGHT Wiring HELP!!

Bump
Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe you need to extend that to the battery positive..
Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i helped my friend get some ebay fog wiring figured out on his car, however the wiring was actually ON the car. looks a little different all scattered on the floor lol. the purple wire goes to parking lights +12v i believe. either that or the blue and purple go together, and the orange goes to pl +12v. you do this so that the switch is lit up only when you turn the lights on.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Ugh. Buy the authentic JDM OEM harness. Then follow my write-up: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/%5Bfaq%5D-diy-convert-jdm-oem-92-95-civic-foglight-harness-oem-cdm-usdm-legal-spec-2579499/

OR BUILD YOUR OWN! I tell you in that DIY where to get every single part.

Last edited by deschlong; 01-29-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by DeSchlong
Ugh. Buy the authentic JDM OEM harness. Then follow my write-up: https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2579499
I did what you said, it work awesome all apart, but when I put everything back together every thing looked good it started to pop the radio, instrument light fuses so I ripped it all out… f*cking ebay garbage. But thanks again!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

strange.. the eBay wiring my friend bought looked very similar to that and worked great
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

bump
Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i made my own harness. the ebay kit i bought had like 18G wire for the whole kit with a 30A fuse. the bulbs are 55w each so i ran 12G wire with a 10A fuse and i've had no problems since. the harness it came with toasted in about 30 minutes (which i knew was gonna happen and im stupid for trying to use it lol) anyway hope this helps a little.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

^ya me to, I plan on making my own harness soon, Iv been through 2 harnesses, 3 relays and 4 fog light switches. finally wired it into my fuse box so it will just turn on with the other lights and now they don't work. stupid fogs.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor
^ya me to, I plan on making my own harness soon, Iv been through 2 harnesses, 3 relays and 4 fog light switches. finally wired it into my fuse box so it will just turn on with the other lights and now they don't work. stupid fogs.
How did you wire to your fuse box? Thats what i want, i dont want the crappy switch they gave me, i just want the fog lights on when i turn the head lights on
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's ghetto my Egay fog light wire was both orange and purple and i just hooked it up to the un used switch
Old 01-29-2010, 11:34 PM

So how do i wire these so either they come on when i turn on the car or they come on with the headlights? i dont want to use the gay knock off switch they gave me
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

find the fuse in the fuse box that hooks up to parking lights, strip a little bit of one of the wires that goes to the switch and wrap it around one of the ends of the fuse and plug the fuse back in.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DIY: Fog Light Install 92-95 Civic
This is a DIY for installing fog lights on any 92-95 honda civic.

Difficulty: pretty easy, minor cutting, plug and play basically.
Install Time: depending on how you go about the install, and the way you plan on running wires (hidden or visible) i say 3 to 6 hours total.

This isn't an OEM stanley fog light kit (it is a cheapo kit i got on ebay) but everything hooks up the same. I highly suggest buying the OEM kit or the DEPO copy because you get a proper oem switch and a better quality relay. I painted my fog lights as you can see...lets try not to blatantly copy my car in every aspect...i know who you are..be original.

Something unique to try: Lexus IS300 fog lights can be installed into the housing...they're 10X brighter than these oem ones...try it out

This is what should be in your kit, make sure everything is there...have a look over to see how it all connects before installing.

Housing Installation Section:

Remove your bumper now. Take off the 5 top screws. I can't stress this enough, USE the proper phillips head screwdriver, i believe it's a #3 large...otherwise you're going to strip these. I hate phillips head screws, terrible terrible terrible design.

Take off the 2 side screws (you have to remove your splash guard if you still have it installed)

Remove the 2 screws under the car

Now pull your bumper off (it should slide off easily)

Take a look behind those side vents. Honda has outlined exactly where you need to cut, and to make things even easier the mounting holes for the screws are even there...how convenient

Now cut out the vent. There is a million ways to go about this. Here are the tools i used. The easiest thing would be a dremel if you have one (i did, but didnt have the tool bit..meh)...begin cutting

Done. Test fit the lights, you have to cut out a small portion of the base so the housing fits properly.

Now screw in your fog housing using the supplied screws, mmmmm fits nice

Well, that was the hard part. If you made it this far you can definitely finish the rest.
Last edited by ShagPower : 05-27-2007 at 10:16 AM.

ShagPowerView Public ProfileSend a private message to ShagPowerVisit ShagPower's homepage!Find More Posts by ShagPower
05-26-2007, 05:16 PM #2 ShagPower
Regular Poster

Wiring Section:

First disconnect the negative battery terminal; then mount your relay. It can go anywhere you want, I chose an empty screw hole by the passenger side head light.

Ok. You can now proceed two ways...you can run your wires inside the engine bay (easiest)...or you can tuck the wires under the splash guard (easy, but takes a lot longer) I TUCKED my wires...this is how you do it.

Feed the wires through the air box hole. Heres what it should look like. Notice the inline fuse...make sure you can access it easily in case it blows.

Remove your fuse box (3 screws). There should be a plug behind it. Remove the plug and jam a wire straight through it.

Go under your fender and on the opposite side you should see another hole, with your wire coming through it.

Feed the power wire under the splash guard and through this hole...it should come through into the engine bay. Give it enough slack to be able to connect to the battery.

Now the passenger side is done. Set your wires up and turn your attention to the drivers side. There will be a ground you have to hook up, and another power wire that needs to be fed into the cabin.

Here's the ground hooked up, use the screw just above the washer fluid bottle...remember to scrape the paint off to get a proper ground (bare metal)

OK pull back the splash guard and you'll see another black plug, remove it (this is how the wire will get into the cabin)

Feed the wires under the splash guard (same as you did for the passenger side) and run the wire into the cabin of the car. This pic is bad (its inside the car under the dash) it doesnt show the wire in the cabin..but it's there trust me.

Ok with that done, go back to the front bumper and using the zip ties in the the kit, tie up all the wires so they're tidy and hidden...leave a little slack but not too much.

Go back inside the car; take out the 3 screws for the bottom cover of the dash and remove it.

Reach up in behind and pop out the switches. I plan on putting my fog switch where that sun roof switch is (I dont have a sunroof, the switch is a FAKE haha)...if you dont have that spot empty, use the blank spot next to the rear defogger. Pop out the switch, dont put the new one in yet! you still have to run the wires.

With the other wire harness in the kit, hook up the power wire to the wire you just fed through the cabin....perfect....

Hook up the ground now, see the screw next to the fuse box...maybe you can use that? actually. YOU CAN

Now with that hooked up you'll have one more wire to connect. In the OEM and DEPO kit it's a brown connector...in the cheap kits it's a lame metal connector without the plug. Connect this to the #2 blank spot on the fuse box (second from the right)...all of those spots will likely be empty on your car unless you have an alarm.

Now run the connector up the dash and through to the switch, zip tie the slack wires...and connect your switch, but don't pop it into the dash just yet...test the lights first....hook the battery back up...

ok the lights work work! if they didn't turn on, read the bottom of the page, my drivers side didn't turn on first try...

Now you can put the switch in position.

You're done everything. Put your bumper back on and install the covers on the fog lights...enjoy.

Now you're a baller.

If your lights DID NOT turn on as they should, check the following:

You HAVE TO have your corner lights or headlights on BEFORE you can switch the fogs on

2. Check all connections, loose wires etc. (i had a loose wire on the connection to the actual lights on the drivers side)

3. Check your grounds, metal to metal contact = proper ground.

4. Check the inline fuse, make sure it isn't blown (or not there)

5. Listen to your relay...you know it's working if it makes a click sound when you switch it on

6. If you checked those basic things and they STILL don't work...you need to go get a volt meter and start the diagnosis. See if the fogs are getting 12 volts...see if the switch it working etc etc. There are many topics you can search for on google to read about diagnosing a wiring problem.

diffently not my work but this write up is dope and i used it on my ebay fogs works mint i saved it in my email in box so i hope this helps. g/l
Old 01-30-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor
find the fuse in the fuse box that hooks up to parking lights, strip a little bit of one of the wires that goes to the switch and wrap it around one of the ends of the fuse and plug the fuse back in.
lol WOW thats getto, but ill try it...thank you!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 AM

So four wires off from the relay,
*one wire to a 30a fuse then goes to the slot 2 (slot 2= C918 Option No. 19 fuse)
depo in the fuse box for power.
*one to ground
*one to the foglights
*one to the fuse for the light for parking brake?