Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG9 Ferio Rear Seat Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:14 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default EG9 Ferio Rear Seat Installation

I'm working on properly installing some JDM '92-'95 Ferio SiR (EG9) seats into a USDM EG8 (LX) sedan.

Apparently the rear headrests are a bit of a pain to install.

Now, the seats she has have the console and the seats but do not have anything to mount the headrests. There are just empty cloth holes. No brackets, no clips, nothing.

Can anyone give me some tips on what exactly I need? I only got to look at the construction very briefly so far, but I can mostly remember what her seats had.

I know she also needs the seats bolted in the rest of the way (they look like they're mostly just laying there for now), but I really haven't gotten to check that out yet, so I don't know what might need to be bolted in or modified for that either.

I also need to figure out how the console bolts in since right now it's just sitting there.

Here's the JDM seats (I think there's supposed to be a metal bracket on the backing of the seat, but I can't tell from this image):

She's missing part 2/3 and 11 IIRC.

And here's the US seats by comparison:

Modified by NOFX at 12:58 PM 8/11/2008
Old 08-09-2008, 02:01 PM
H-T White Ops

*BUMP*

Any help with those headrests? Anything?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:53 PM
H-T White Ops

Here's the only help I've gotten so far:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94EG8 (3:05 PM 8/9/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those seats your trying to install, is there any reason you can't use pieces 2 & 3 in the diagram from USDM front seats?

err, wait a second

yeah, they don't have those on EGs, but older civics, say like an '85 sedan, they do have pieces like that on the front seats, mom used to drive an '85 sedan when i was a kid, it definately had adjustable front headrests</TD></TR></TABLE>
(3:29 PM 8/9/2008)

Those parts don't cross reference to the US parts. So I can't order them in the US.

They appear to need some sort of bracket to attach firmly to the seat though. If we put them through the holes right now they just flop around.

I read in another thread that there are brackets, but I don't see them anywhere.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94EG8 (3:41 PM 8/9/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know the parts don't cross reference, but what i'm getting at is that older civics, '85 for sure, not sure about other years had adjustable front headrests, they had 2 metal rods that went into plastic inserts in the seats. I would assume they would be similar, its probably too much to ask to expect them to be identical, but they might be close enough to work.

i also just realized, i think integra front headrests also have a similar setup, you might able to source parts from those, what I can't figure out is what parts 2 and 3 are supposed to attach too</TD></TR></TABLE>
(7:38 PM 8/9/2008)

I know that with 6th gen Civics, the front headrests slide into something that is welded to the frame of the seat. These 5th gen rear seats don't have anything like that included. I'll have to look at them again (only seen them once, briefly so far) to see if there are welds or somethign that is obviously missing.

I wish I'd had a camera when I saw them.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94EG8 (8:43 PM 8/9/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Take a pic if/when you get a chance and post it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
(8:46 PM 8/9/2008)

Yeah, I'm thinking I might call her tomorrow and ask her to snap some photos for the thread.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (NOFX)

being that i have these.

Those ferio seats come with the "brackets" for the headrest. Some sellers include them in the sale n then u got tac weld em in. Some sellers dont. My seats didnt bring em..)=

What i did is use some metal strips with holes in em(i know they have a name i just forgot) i bought at home depot n drilled holes accordingly. Now they dont move for nothing. When i go by the shop to see my car ill snap a pic for ya
Old 08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (franklinhid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by franklinhid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">being that i have these.

Those ferio seats come with the "brackets" for the headrest. Some sellers include them in the sale n then u got tac weld em in. Some sellers dont. My seats didnt bring em..)=

What i did is use some metal strips with holes in em(i know they have a name i just forgot) i bought at home depot n drilled holes accordingly. Now they dont move for nothing. When i go by the shop to see my car ill snap a pic for ya
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks.

If anyone has any photos of the OE brackets, could they please post them up too?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:29 AM
H-T White Ops

Might as well add this too. I want to try to keep all information in this thread, in the event it might help someone else some other time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NastyHabitzCRX (12:33 AM 8/10/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those seats are a direct fit. for the center armrest just use those little square plastic anchors to screw it down.

course if you dont have the headrest brackets, you can make em or just leave em like i did.</TD></TR></TABLE>
(1:31 AM 8/10/2008)
She doesn't have the brackets. Do you know what the stock brackets look like at least? I can probably get them if I try.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:32 AM
H-T White Ops

More info.

....::: | Official Ferio EG Squad |:::.... (Page 221)
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asiandoood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they mount into the rear aluminum panel where the speakers sit. a lot of the interiors imported here do not include that panel as you have to cut that sheet metal off the car itself. so 90% of the conversions here have just the headrests sitting in the holes with nothing securing the mount. the adjustable feature is deleted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's the image of the EG9 inner panels, but they look the same as the US EG8 image to me.

Modified by NOFX at 12:54 PM 8/11/2008
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (NOFX)

my freind had those in highschol roughly 5 years ago now, i dont rember putting brakcets in it.

we ust slid the head rests in it, and bolted it in, ( no seatbelts becuase his were tan and didnt want to give anyone rides )

i have pics of the seats in the back of his 92 lx sedan.....but he has a cobra now, and the car hit a tree 3 yrs ago with some ricer driver.... so i cant get anymore

i also.... ignore the peopl in the pics haha
Old 08-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Default Re: (i drive a honda)

If you miss my answer in the other post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (i drive a honda)

Okay, I just was given a photo of the brackets. I might as well rehost it and post it here so if anyone else needs the help.

Looks like he's already replied here though, so I'll just keep this here as a backup link in case the other goes down.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
http://i36.tinypic.com/4zz29f.jpg
Is this ok ?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's perfect. I'll have to look at her car as soon as I can get a hold of her again (busy at work).
Old 08-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG9 Ferio Rear Seat Installation (NOFX)

You need to get the rear seat brackets like I do I have everything to do it and make it look like it came from the dealer in the us but the **** is my interior got stolen and I didn't put em on yet so now there just laying around in the garage but im buying another set and they come with those brackets so im gonna have some extra ones