Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG6 SIR2 : Project Touge

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG6 SIR2 : Project Touge

taken from another forum

bit of a long story how it came about but basicly long story short missus is moving down here from preston and needed a car with cheaper insurance while saving for her holiday in Ibiza, and coming down here after various messers on ebay while she was trying to sell it,

in a way the civic brought us closer and helped get us together as we were best friends when we went all the way to Scotland to pick it up back in January, so the car always held a place in my heart being special to us both,
anyway at the time i had just spent £2400 on an engine for my 106 xsi at the time built by ricky p rpm, 16v running at power itbs etc..... in turn he did a **** job of the conversion i got peed off and decided the love was gone for building a car to fight against the hondas and decided me buying the missus eg6 everyone was happy i had an excellent base as ive always loved the eg's she got to still enjoy getting involved in the car and can buy it back, ive owned an eg before when toa was going, buit i give up on it as it was a little too rotten, this time me and the missus have spent good money and got a good solid base and even better its not just a uk shell with an engine swap its a genuine sir2 import with all the history etc etc...........

anyway its a little rough round the edges i want to go for perfection on this car so first real jobs a full respray inside and out in the same standard granada black again, full rollcage and anything that unbolts is going carbon fibre im looking to go along the lines of what you see on the net the spoon and mugen style eg's

SPEC
Honda Civic EG6 SIR-II
Imported In 2009
B16A
Y21 LSD Gearbox
Spoon 4-2-1 Manifold
Buddyclub Spec III Exhaust
Spoon VTEC Controller
Honda Integra DC2 Type R Integra Short Shifter
Blitz Racing Vacuum Gauge
Greddy Oil Temprature Gauge
Greddy Oil Pressure Gauge
Greddy Water Temprature Gauge
HKS Hypermax Coilovers
Work Ewing RSZ Negative
Work RS Wheel Nuts
Toyo Proxy 4's
Spoon Front Strutbrace
Spoon Rear Strutbrace
282mm Honda Prelude Brake Conversion
Spoon Master Cylinder
Fibreglass Bonnet
Smoothed Front Bumper
Spoon Carbon Fibre Duckbill Spoiler
Vision Amber Front Indicator's
Nardi Steering Wheel
Black Honda Integra DC2 Type R Recaro's
Spoon Duracon Gear ****

magnet test

15" E30 BBS to go on as i cannot reach a decision on the work wheels being so kanjo and oldskool jdm but for now im going to roll on the bbs wheels till i can decide.

old owner hacked the **** out of the dash with gauges and alsorts and even trying to bodge a douple din so i had to source a dash

also i ordered a RHD Aeriel blank and Dewiper bung from SimAuto so the car could be dewipered propperly

got myself subscribed to Honda Tuner as i love toilet reading lol

test fitting bbs's (already got plans for the colour of these they look ace photoshopped)

leese's new car

dewiper and aeriel removed

pal of rw developments starlet hybrid

rear tints removal and tidy the extra wires from the wiper motor that now isnt there biggest pet hate tinted windows nice rollcage in there on view soon

all glue **** removed from the windows and plastics cleaned up

made a start stripping interior out

and im currently up to the point the car is slowly being stripped down, bumpers and wings removed wings waxoiled inside etc, full respray inside and out in the oem granada black again, side strips all painted and sideskirts painted in the oem paint so they look standard, any surface rust treated propperly as the shells only got surface rust fortunatly no rot which is a good thing, so there isnt going to be much more progress for a little while.

updates at last mrs is all settled so ive got back on and ive imported a few goodies from the states, car will be going for paint very very soon it will get there once ive removed sound deadening lol

im currently facing a driving ban after being caught out by unmarked police earlier in the year in my old project, so we could even be seeing a 300bhp eg6 next year IF im off the road till then my spirits havent been dampened i did have a perfectly clean licence but a spot of racing has probably used up all my lives in one go

anyway here goes
loads of goodies up for sale one of the days lol

random pics

currently stripping out and some removed

new dash STILL to go in itll get there and be one epic sir

bbs wheels fitted (just a temporary measure possibly repainted as i do like them but ultimatly looking for something cali/jdm to go on)

vented anger from ck engineering

test fit just to have a quick look will be a direct feed for induction and fitted much better when its really fitted after paint

oil and filter change with hamp and motuls finest

J's Racing/Chargespeed front lip imported from USA, and new oem stickers for after paint

as you can see now starting to build a picture of what im after, currently the car has a genuine Spoon rear spoiler but im importing a BYS one in, as the current is spoon im thinking of keeping both and being greedy lol, cant wait for this car to hit the road tomorrow im going to wind the coilovers down a little im thinking.

to be continued................

today had an attempt at winding the coilys down and realigning the front bumper and some of the subframe so that it all sat pretty again as a previous owner must have removed the front bumper at some point

decided to lower it some more but the rears are siezed solid coated them in wd40 and will have another go tomorrow also snapped a rear locking collar so could do with somewhere that refurbs hks hypermaxs

Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG6 SIR2 : Project Touge

cheers for the welcome,

also trial fitted some wedsport tc05s( unsure if they are genuine either way they are temporary wheels untill the respray and carbon fibre bonnet, front wings, mirrors and boot, and a rollcage and then i will look at propper wheels )

also i used to have an ST205 Celica Gt4 that i robbed the Rays Engineering wheel nuts off before selling, so i tried them on they look niver than the black Works nuts.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did darren go abroad?????

few little updates while civic sleeps lol

mrs won me a pacman from blackpool for the civic so thats going to be the theme

removed the spoon spoiler for winter and brought an oem one so cover can scratch that

im in a club called L_R you have to have yellow headlights and jdm car to be in

and treats curtousy of the mrs, just need to get the front wings, bonnet and mirrors now.

removed Spoon spoiler for winter

brought a set of Work Serge's from Chopaholic on here

with wheel bolts in

test fit they dont fit over 282s but a set of spacers will sort it but im not sure of the offset????

was going to test fit the boot but ill do that when the rears stripped out more and i can disconnect the lights etc.....

starting to build up parts still front wings, bonnet, mirrors to get before respray, wheels are going the oem honda grey and all polished and refurbed professionally.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

finally stripped the rear out at last

then had a quick test fit of the boot which was a pain just to see if it fitted ok before having to put it back on

Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Build looks great considering what you had to start with. On the other hand, I hate to be that guy, but I don't see anything 峠 or 勧請 about this.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It will be completely transformed before it hits the road nothing is fitted to the car yet got to get another set of wheels rollcage you'll just see when it's done it will be completely the jap racer route ;-)
Old 11-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in the UK so we arnt spoilt for parts like Japan and America so much has been imported
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I see your running a turbo b16a I'm not up to playing with the engine yet but it's the route I'm wanting to go what are the capabilities of a stock b16a how far can you push the stock internals

Cheers
Jim
Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In the UK people arnt as crazy as in the USA so I would rather ask the advice of someone who has done it than someone who has heard old wives tales and in the UK the majority of people won't go outside of what others have told them.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Beautiful EG6 im so jealous...

Last edited by EG FTW; 11-06-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly man. It all depends on what kind of condition the motor is in. Some people get lucky and make crazy power out of stock internals. Some dont! From what i have read and the research ive done.where i am at now is as far as im going on stock internals. Just because i dont wantto start breaking things ya knkw.
My mods are as followed.

Arp headstuds. Rc 440 injectors. Peakboost manifold. Turbonetics 50 trim. Emusa front mount. Ebay ic piping. Evolution wg. Raptor bov. Im tuned on hondata s300 running 8.5psi and the car made 315whp@212tq. I have a buddy with almost identical setup but in a eg hatch. On slicks he ran a 11.5. Car is quick for what it is.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cheers lads

Originally Posted by rydinsolo
Honestly man. It all depends on what kind of condition the motor is in. Some people get lucky and make crazy power out of stock internals. Some dont! From what i have read and the research ive done.where i am at now is as far as im going on stock internals. Just because i dont wantto start breaking things ya knkw.
My mods are as followed.

Arp headstuds. Rc 440 injectors. Peakboost manifold. Turbonetics 50 trim. Emusa front mount. Ebay ic piping. Evolution wg. Raptor bov. Im tuned on hondata s300 running 8.5psi and the car made 315whp@212tq. I have a buddy with almost identical setup but in a eg hatch. On slicks he ran a 11.5. Car is quick for what it is.
i would be happy with 250-300bhp i say a figure because i know what it feels like and how it will perform, i want something thats awesome on the road/track aswell as on paper

cheers for sharing your spec i cantr wait untill im onto the engine
Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thatswhat i was looking for as well and i got it. The del sol is quick for what it is. But you will always want more so now im doing a built gsr block next season or a k24/k20 and boost
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dooooooooooooood Love what you are doing with this priceless gem you have there.
Only one complaint.. Please get some jackstands when you put your body underneith the car.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks great so far. I love that Spoon spoiler!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice!
Very clean car!
Nice work
Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cheers all nice to see some posititive comments,

the cars probably going to be a mixture of the japanese and american scene, main priority for me is making the car how i want and not what others dictate is right

ive seen kanjo civics with similar wheels for example and im planning on something crazy for the rear for when the j's lip is on
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all inside now stripped soon i can start tidying wires and looms and go over all the connections as i go, also remove sound deadening etc

wiring on everything is a mess ill make a nice job of it re-route tidy in some copex etc.....

under the carpets i found a few jdm extras lol

lol about the jack pic, yea sometimes i do do some silly things :/
Old 11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wiring is such a pain. Keep it up!

...Do you do all your work underwater?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member