Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG6-drifter?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG6-drifter?!?!

I found out that with a lot of tim and a lot of effort i can turn my EG6 into a drift car, i've seen it done, but how should i do that? mm this is probably not the best place to ask, but what the hell? Any Help
Old 08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Electrician

Wait until it rains, pull the e-brake. Done.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:49 PM

Drive fast, turn hard, pull hand brake, don't crash. That's about all you can do without being a fool and trying to fabricate rear drive into the car.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:52 PM

wanna drift buy rwd...

wanna crash? drive 90mph pull the e-brake en turn the weel
Old 08-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Look for old D1GP on the jp sites I think there was a MR DC2

It has been done before but it drifts like a stock M3.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG6-drifter?!?! (white_raven)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by white_raven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I found out that with a lot of tim and a lot of effort i can turn my EG6 into a drift car, i've seen it done, but how should i do that? mm this is probably not the best place to ask, but what the hell? Any Help </TD></TR></TABLE>

Darwin at work
Old 08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you watch too much initial-D
Old 08-24-2005, 04:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RACEPAK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think you watch too much initial-D </TD></TR></TABLE>
Take the money you'd invest in your EG6 and build a shifter kart.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: EG6-drifter?!?! (EG-SI(rII))

Well a lot of drifters are stock purists so maybe nothing?

Take your ebrake handle off and pull out the spring. That way you can pull the ebrake and let go and it wont ever lock up. You could also file off the metal steps.

Stiffen the chassis, especially the rear end. Don't buy all those bullshit monkey bars. Go to a custom roll cage shop and get it done right.

Some people insist on lots of oversteer, but that's spin out city. Shoot for a neutral handling balance and reduced body roll. But mainly it's all driver preference. It's not the car, it's the driver. Pracitce, and keep it the **** off the streets!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There was a post about this EF hatchback drifting. Video was includin in the post. You gonna need some mad tight JDM Front wheel drifting skill.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: EG6-drifter?!?! (kaiba)

You don't need RWD to drift. Any car can drift, and drifting isn't necessarily rear wheel traction loss only...unless used in reference to the sport of drifting.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why would you wanna even try that? Seriously?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TTE TEG)

any car can drift, you need a RWD to powerslide.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 PM
White Trash Wish Cash

Default Re: (TTE TEG)

first off, let me say i think your idea is flagarently homosexual, but...

on a local forum i occasionally check, a long time ago a video was posted of a drift EF and it actually worked. He had wicked rear end suspension and two e-brake handles. I hate to admit the guy was good and it looked cool, but whatever
Old 08-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rino924)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rino924 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off, let me say i think your idea is flagarently homosexual, but...

on a local forum i occasionally check, a long time ago a video was posted of a drift EF and it actually worked. He had wicked rear end suspension and two e-brake handles. I hate to admit the guy was good and it looked cool, but whatever</TD></TR></TABLE>

That guy was semi pro i thought. He was sponsered by falken and appears in many of the drift competitions. Does well, not the best at all, but regularly beats out many rx7, s13, s14 vehicles, so it can be done.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all you need to do is stiffen up your rear suspension and you will flip your rear out easier than you think.

26mm or above rear sway bar.

500lbs rear springs

thats all you need.

from experience on the 605 north to the 10 west on ramp nice 20 mph slow tight right circle. (for those in the area know what i mean)

lets just say i waved to my drivers side rear wheel for about 3 secs.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:58 PM

FF cars don't drift, the end. They can slide out but have no real form of control during it. Unless you are on dirt or are crazy and spin yourself around and do it in reverse, you can't.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: EG6-drifter?!?! (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

from experience on the 605 north to the 10 west on ramp nice 20 mph slow tight right circle. (for those in the area know what i mean)

lets just say i waved to my drivers side rear wheel for about 3 secs.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know exactly which ramp....good ****. otehrwise this thread is completely the most queer hting ive ever seen on this site.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: (Kaji)

Here you go...mad e-brake dorifto

superDriftingAction

classic
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chinese acrobat)

its actually a rwd dc2 with a jrsc and a crv awd setup with the front axles removed. and its quick as hell!!!! i saw it at the drift showoff in washington dc last year.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for everyone that thinks fwd driftin isnt real or that its not worth the time, you should check into the falken tire factory drift ef hatch. it was in the march 2005 issue of honda tuning. it took the driver (keisuke hatakeyama) a **** load of time and 300+ tires, but he eventually was able to learn to drift the car without the e-brake and keep up with vaughn gitten jr and the others from the falken team.

i say if it has some power and you practice enough... go for it.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: (Kaji)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kaji &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FF cars don't drift, the end. They can slide out but have no real form of control during it. Unless you are on dirt or are crazy and spin yourself around and do it in reverse, you can't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The techniques are different but the result is the same. The throttle in a RWD or the rear brake in a FWD is used to induce loss of traction in the rear. The only control comes from the driver.

A drift (in car terms) is the controlled loss of traction, as opposed to a slide, which is the uncontrolled loss of traction. With regards to four-wheeled vehicles such as a car, you can have a front drift, a rear drift (what people associate with drifting), or a four-wheel drift.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Outrun)

play Need for speed underground, the civics in there are mad drifters lol
Old 08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93egsedan)

yeah, with practice you can drift in a ff. proof

http://www.projectaspec.com/ff...3.mpg

"even though its front wheel drive, you guys can go drift as well as a rear wheel drive car. So good luck to ya!" a message from the japanese har har
Old 08-24-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: (Outrun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Outrun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The techniques are different but the result is the same. The throttle in a RWD or the rear brake in a FWD is used to induce loss of traction in the rear. The only control comes from the driver.

A drift (in car terms) is the controlled loss of traction, as opposed to a slide, which is the uncontrolled loss of traction. With regards to four-wheeled vehicles such as a car, you can have a front drift, a rear drift (what people associate with drifting), or a four-wheel drift.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem is that you need the front tires to have some grip so you can control the drift, and if the front wheels are driving only then the car will straighten out the second you counter steer. Unless you time your sliding extremely well so that you gain traction exactly when you need it then the curbs will be hammering your wheels. It's less drifting and more, I've lost traction and I better get it back or the wall Juggernaut Slams me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmztrane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for everyone that thinks fwd driftin isnt real or that its not worth the time, you should check into the falken tire factory drift ef hatch. it was in the march 2005 issue of honda tuning. it took the driver (keisuke hatakeyama) a **** load of time and 300+ tires, but he eventually was able to learn to drift the car without the e-brake and keep up with vaughn gitten jr and the others from the falken team.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course with extreme amounts of tuning I'm sure it might be able to get some results but for people like us on this forum it's nothing but a pipe dream.

Quick Reply: EG6-drifter?!?!