Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG swap problems ( lights )

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG swap problems ( lights )

I had an EG 1500 automatic and was swapping b16a2 manual into it.

the swap works good but the lights are f**ked up hehe.
The Headlights works
The rear fog lights works
But not the
Brake or park lights
and the lights in the cluster are dead too..

Anyone had this problem before ?

Last edited by einarvti; 02-07-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG swap problems ( lights )

anyone ?

i got the brake lights to work.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Unless you did a wire tuck or anything like that, just doing the engine swap you shouldnt have touched any of the wiring for the head lights, parking lights, or brake lights... Only thing you should have touched involving lighting is the back up switch for the reverse lights (a 2 pin connector coming off your tranny.) Start checking fuses, and go from there. The wiring for your headlights run along the right and left side of your engine bay, so if you messed with those for some reason check those out...

Last edited by AlexBerg; 02-08-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: type o
Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AlexBerg
Unless you did a wire tuck or anything like that, just doing the engine swap you shouldnt have touched any of the wiring for the head lights, parking lights, or brake lights... Only thing you should have touched involving lighting is the back up switch for the reverse lights (a 2 pin connector coming off your tranny.) Start checking fuses, and go from there. The wiring for your headlights run along the right and left side of your engine bay, so if you messed with those for some reason check those out...
All fuses are oki.

but i have found out that there is no power going into the fuse for the park lights and not to the fuse with the Right rear light and the cluster lights.

where are the plugs for that. and where do the wire go from it
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wasn't doing a swap. but had the same lights go out on me. brake lights/running lights/cluster lights. was a fuse. Did it right after I changed my dash harness with another one because someone had hacked up the radio harness wires. I put in a new fuse, I took my dash apart and jiggled wires all over and couldn't get it to blow. Then I went out and opened the hood and jiggled wires that went to my turn signals. got the fuse to blow. I had not long ago wired in jdm "city lights". Anyhow, after I checked all those wires, I never have had a problem w/ the fuse blowing again.

Very weird you don't have a blown fuse. Are you sure???

Going to make it very hard for you to troubleshoot not having a fuse to blow when you mess with the wires. but since you were doing major work in the engine bay, that may be why. Check all your wires...... good luck
Old 02-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

being that you dont have lights in your gauge cluster, and some of your exterior lights tells u somthing... The only thing linking those togather is the Interior light circuit... You know when you turn on your lights with your combo switch all of your gauge lights and radio lights come on with it... check all ur under dash fuse's as well. Oh and also check a connector on the driver side of the engine bay. its a two pin connector, i think its two black wires on is black with a yellow tracer, you cant miss it its next to the other two connectors on your strut tower. that is linking power from fusebox to fusebox.