Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG sedan w/ OEM ITR shocks+springs/aftermarket springs ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG sedan w/ OEM ITR shocks+springs/aftermarket springs ???

I want to upgrade the footwork on my civic and was set on saving up for some omnis but I may be able to pick up some used OEM ITR shocks/springs for much cheaper, obviously, and was wondering if anyone else has done this or can give me any feedback going with the ITR susp?

I always hear R guys telling newbs to not upgrade the susp. right away because ITRs come with good shock/springs from the factory and instead they should get seat time.

So I was basically thinking cheap and I can learn on them and maybe upgrade the springs because I cant resist the urge to slam the sedan.

OH YEA--I am assuming it will be a pretty easy swap from DC->EG but are there any other suspension components from the ITR that I need in order to do this? Can anything be substituted with aftermarket stuff?

EDIT: need rear lcas for install, thanks search button, I can feel the flames coming for not search before posting this Need to make sure this is the same for EG SEDANS?

Modified by krucial at 9:35 PM 5/13/2006

Modified by krucial at 9:42 PM 5/13/2006
Old 05-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG sedan w/ OEM ITR shocks+springs/aftermarket springs ??? (krucial)

dc suspension is basically the same as eg except for the spring rates. For the ITR suspension you will need ITR rear LCA's.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:43 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: EG sedan w/ OEM ITR shocks+springs/aftermarket springs ??? (krucial)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krucial &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I always hear R guys telling newbs to not upgrade the susp. right away because ITRs come with good shock/springs from the factory and instead they should get seat time. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Most ITR owners are also pompous know-it-all elitist ******** too. I agree with the necessity of seat time over modifications, but I disagree that the ITR has some blessed golden suspension setup that has been sprinkled with pixie dust like they claim.

Forget the ITR crap. Keep saving and get yourself a set of Koni 8041 Sport dampers and Ground Control coilovers. You'll be glad you did.

What do you intend to do with the car? What are your goals and priorities for changing the suspension?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:06 PM

This may sound mad newbish but would springs for an EG work with the ITR shocks? I looked up the differences in spring rates between the ones designed for itr shocks vs eg shocks and the eg springs seem to have much lower spring rates and the drop in the front only is about .7 in higher. If this will workout ok it will push me even closer towards going for the ITR susp.

I intend to learn how to drive the car, hopefully through finding time to get out to events and such. I wouldnt mind a nice drop either.