Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

eg radio wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg radio wire harness

my power wire on the dashboard harness i had to ground to a metal bracket for my deck to come on.....anything happen to someone like this

oh ya i have a kicker l7 12in and a soundstream 900 watt amp, i just bought a amp kit from kicker 4guage
my problem is the sub and amp is not turning on, right now i dont have an ECU because its getting chipped my battery is dead due to that because i didnt turn on the car in a while so im using a charge pack, wondering if its enough to turn on the amp and sub, deck works fine.....all connections are ran from amp, sub, to battery, wondering why its not turning on, FRUSTRATED!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg radio wire harness (nub_pwn)

Since the ground for just about everything in the car is the chassis, grounding your radio to the frame isn't bad. When I installed them for money, it was normal practice.

As for things not turning on, grab a multimeter and check to make sure the power turn-on/antenna output from your radio is actually feeding +12V to your amp's turn-on input. Make sure +12 to the power lug is actually +12 (give or take a bit)

Odds are that if your amp has a huge power supply on it (as older Soundstreams used to) the charger may be falling over when you try and turn it on. Use the charger to charge the battery in the car and try it that way. If you hooked everything up right, it should work fine.

Oh, better grammar and punctuation will make your questions clearer.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:58 PM

ya when i turn on the car the battery jumper starts to beep, might not have enough juice? enough power to run my deck but i guess not enough to feed the amp and sub, theres 3 fuses on my amp all are still good

oh ya what do you mean by "the charger may be falling over when you try and turn it on"
Old 09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: eg radio wire harness (nub_pwn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nub_pwn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my power wire on the dashboard harness i had to ground to a metal bracket for my deck to come on.....anything happen to someone like this

oh ya i have a kicker l7 12in and a soundstream 900 watt amp, i just bought a amp kit from kicker 4guage
my problem is the sub and amp is not turning on, right now i dont have an ECU because its getting chipped my battery is dead due to that because i didnt turn on the car in a while so im using a charge pack, wondering if its enough to turn on the amp and sub, deck works fine.....all connections are ran from amp, sub, to battery, wondering why its not turning on, FRUSTRATED!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

que?
Old 09-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg radio wire harness (JSPECSIR)

I mean just what you said...the amp tries to charge it's power supply caps and the surge current sends the charger into shutdown. Do like I said, charge the battery all the way and give it another shot.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:23 PM

ok ill get back to this 2mrrw i gotta go work, ill test the wires