Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG part questions! new to hondatech!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:54 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG part questions! new to hondatech!

so i have a 93 civic sedan LX, i recently swapped it out to a D16z6, with the p28. exedy stage 1 clutch, oem/stock everything else!. but nearly everything important on the car has been replaced.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3...9955141819.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/g/9531150...955141819.jpg/

first of all, im new to this i've only have it for about 6 months, its also my first car. i would like to know..

Are coupe and hatchback hoods the same as the sedan?

How hard is it to do a front end swap with a hatchback or coupe? (f.bumper,fendors,head/corner lights)

Whats the best type of suspension setup to get without breakin the bank? I also want to be able to put 4-5 or people in it, and not scrap like a b****.

I also recently bought an Fm transmitter for my ipod, it works in all cars but my civic. anyone know why?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG part questions! new to hondatech!

hoods, fenders, bumpers, and corners are diff
headlights are the same

nice color on the 4dr.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy22
so i have a 93 civic sedan LX, i recently swapped it out to a D16z6, with the p28. exedy stage 1 clutch, oem/stock everything else!. but nearly everything important on the car has been replaced.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3...9955141819.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/g/9531150...955141819.jpg/

first of all, im new to this i've only have it for about 6 months, its also my first car. i would like to know..

Are coupe and hatchback hoods the same as the sedan?
No, different.

How hard is it to do a front end swap with a hatchback or coupe? (f.bumper,fendors,head/corner lights)
Medium-Difficult. But, I ask: FOR WHAT REASON? After you change the hood, fenders, corner lights, bumper, and do whatever jury-rigging you need to get it to fit -- what are you left with? After spending all that time, money and effort? You are left with effectively a sedan that has a front bumper of a hatch/coupe. Big whoopie deal.

Instead, use that $$ and invest in quality performance pieces or OEM parts (see my sig) or taking your girlfriend on holiday. Money and time much better invested.

Whats the best type of suspension setup to get without breakin the bank? I also want to be able to put 4-5 or people in it, and not scrap like a b****.
This I leave to someone else.

I also recently bought an Fm transmitter for my ipod, it works in all cars but my civic. anyone know why?
This is only slightly sarcastic, but our Civics have shyte radio reception of epic proportions. I'm not surprised it can't pick up a signal that's even just inside the car. Does the radio pick up other stations? Is antenna connected?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 AM
New User

hey thanks for the help!

i know im not plannng on doing the front end swap unless all the pieces litterally fall into my lap.

yes my cars antenna works it picks up radio stations no problem.

suspension, i still need to get done, any suggestions.

and i have a friend with a coupe hood, so i will be throwing that on soon. i hope it fits!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and i have a friend with a coupe hood, so i will be throwing that on soon. i hope it fits!
two people just told you that the hood WONT fit and ill be the third. so you can stop hoping now.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:30 AM

Icon2 Re: EG part questions! new to hondatech!

It won't. You must believe us when we say it. Why would you ask for input and then do what you were going to do anyway, even though the collected wisdom of others tells you not to? This makes people not want to help you. They see a lost cause.

But, if you insist, at least measure it before you put it on, to save yourself the time and effort of swapping. Then go to the junkyard or hit up Kijiji.ca.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
New User

well i guess i failed to mention that its for a front end swap, i already have my headlights. so technically i only need to grab fendors, if the coupe hood will fit..

so deschlong.. i guess i just didnt mention that.. thanks for your help,
Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 PM

Icon2 Re: EG part questions! new to hondatech!

well i guess i failed to mention that its for a front end swap, i already have my headlights. so technically i only need to grab fendors, if the coupe hood will fit..

so deschlong.. i guess i just didnt mention that.. thanks for your help,
Uh, the headlights are the same for hatch/coupe/sedan!

As mentioned you will need to grab fenders, bumper, and corner lights .... for it to fit properly. If you're not concerned about it fitting properly, then you should do as you please!

You said yourself that these pieces would need to "fall in your lap" for you to do it. But, then later you say all you'd need is the fenders? Because you already have the headlights? Confusing!

I think you would benefit from a little more research on this topic, to spare yourself some disappointment down the road: Here's a starter.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by dpetro1
two people just told you that the hood WONT fit and ill be the third. so you can stop hoping now.

yea he's a idiot... u gotta excuse him. Like someone said "You are left with effectively a sedan that has a front bumper of a hatch/coupe. Big whoopie deal."
Old 01-25-2010, 01:12 PM

No need to make it personal. The guy did an engine swap so he's not a total newbie. Sometimes people just need some gentle persuasion.