Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG owners with HIDs. Check here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG owners with HIDs. Check here.

Alright, can someone clear something up for me and fill me in on what setup would give me the highest light output.

I am obviously going with a 4k kit. I am doing this for visability only, i want the least blue lighting/glare, etc.

From researching HID threads there seem to be mixed opinions on using stock EG headlights with HID. Some people say that the "fluted" glass creates more glare, and it doesn't output as much light, yet someone who did this on a del sol with "fluted" lights claims it's the same as if the glass was clear.

SO, i want this to be as cheap as possible as this car is only my beater.

1. Stock headlights with HID kit?

2. TYC clear headlights, retrofitted bi-xenon projetors with HID kit

3. Denji Projectors (old school) with stock Denji ricer projectors with HID kit.

Thoughts, suggestions, proof, pics are all appreciated here.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (Alexandre!)

hey why not check the sticky the says "Post links to FAQ's..."
search>you
Everything you want to know is in those pages!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (AMECustom)

Hey, why not check with your local community college on "English comprehenssion 101." I bet you can get some help there.

I read the HID threads, there aren't answers as to what the ultimate setup for the least amount of money is.

Idiots > You

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexandre! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I read the HID threads, there aren't answers as to what the ultimate setup for the least amount of money is.

Idiots &gt; You

Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

SEARCH you idiot! LOOK up and compare the parts they give in those threads. Do you expect everyone to give you the ******* answers on here like a god damn RETARD?
Old 11-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (AMECustom)

Did i hit a nerve? I understand being worthless ain't easy, but you gotta relax.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 PM
vc

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexandre! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright, can someone clear something up for me and fill me in on what setup would give me the highest light output.

I am obviously going with a 4k kit. I am doing this for visability only, i want the least blue lighting/glare, etc.

From researching HID threads there seem to be mixed opinions on using stock EG headlights with HID. Some people say that the "fluted" glass creates more glare, and it doesn't output as much light, yet someone who did this on a del sol with "fluted" lights claims it's the same as if the glass was clear.

SO, i want this to be as cheap as possible as this car is only my beater.

1. Stock headlights with HID kit?

2. TYC clear headlights, retrofitted bi-xenon projetors with HID kit

3. Denji Projectors (old school) with stock Denji ricer projectors with HID kit.

Thoughts, suggestions, proof, pics are all appreciated here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1104891
Old 11-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Keep in mind that HIDs are illegal for your car, and that most/all kits have a horrible beam pattern due to the housing (designed for the light emitted from a tungsten filament) being not suitable for the light emitted from a xenon arc.

With that out of the way, I suggest checking out http://www.hidforum.com
Old 11-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (Outrun)

only way to do hid's on your car is to retro fit projectors into your headlights. unless you are handy and good with your hands i would try to pick up a already modded set of headlights.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexandre! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did i hit a nerve? I understand being worthless ain't easy, but you gotta relax. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah you did, you hit the "ima' lazy nooby who should be banned cus i expect everyone to answer my question rather than search myself?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Look for jdmlyfestyles threads. He does HID's.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: (ZacCarter)

5k HID. From XENITH (250 shipped) here on honda-tech sponsors forum. Just installed 2 days ago. Took the picture today. Stock headlights will be bright enough, and clear/crisp enough. Fu ck the halo projectors.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (CrX-To-Tha-Max-v2.0)

First off.. You douche bags who think you own the EG forum needs to learn your role. If you dont want to help someone, then dont say anything. Saying "do a ******* search you moron" is not how you help people. You do NOT have to be a dick about things.

Second off, addressing the question about HIDS:

I have had S2000 HIDs in my stock EG housing with shields for 2 - 3 years now. I have no complaints about this set up. However, I am currently getting probably about 30 - 50% of the lighting I COULD get if I did a proper retrofit.

Now, with that being said. In the stock housings with the shield, the light output is still 100 times better than the stock halogen output with the H4 bulbs. It is undeniably better. I can actually SEE at night, it's amazing. Also, even though the cutoff is pretty shitty, I do not blind ANYONE. I have never been flashed, and I drive behind my friends and girlfriend all the time and ask them if I was blinding them, and they always say no.

Bottom line:

If you stick HIDs in your stock EG housing, then you MUST use a shield of some sort. I forget where I purchased my shield/adapter, but it would be very easy to make one yourself (out of a coke can). The lighting will be a HUGE improvement over the stock lighting, but it wont be nearly as good as it would be if you did a proper retrofit. You dont need to purchase aftermarket projectors for your car in order to do a retrofit. You can just purchase BMW or Audi headlight projectors on E-Bay and retrofit them into your stock EG housings. This is a fine way to go about it, and will give you AMAZING output.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hid and cheap do not go together....and by simply putting in a "kit" into your stock housing will look like crap..you will not have a clean cut off and there will be hot spots all over the place and you will blind the crap out of everyone on the road
Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 PM

lol that was funny
Old 11-28-2005, 07:39 PM

without shielding most likey blind people
alot of HID units that come stock on vechiles dim when other vehicles pass.

stock and HID works better with shielding

HIDS with a projector type or retro fit proabably be best for lighting and cutoff
Old 11-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

HID kits are ******* JUNK!!!! I dont care how good of a warranty do not do it.

to the poster..

Please do not use HID's in your stock housing NOR the TYC Clear replacements.

The Denji projectors will not give you the proper light output. a retrofit is in order to get the best out of your HID.

Ive been Hooked on HID's For well over 3 years now. Ive seen it all.. i use to be a HID kit owner and now im all about retrofits. HID kits do not give you even light distribution. They just throw light everywhere. Even with casper shields the light still bounces around everywhere.

HID projectors Take the light and Maginfy it and spreads it out evenly.. the light is controlled by the Cutoff sheild in the projector assembly.

Im not gonna say anything bad about anyone in this post. But there are a few people that lacked research and there results and additudes show it.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im not gonna say anything bad about anyone in this post. But there are a few people that lacked research and there results and additudes show it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I sure hope you are not talking about me.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:25 PM

might be me i NOT a uber pro at HIDS

i am pretty sure hes not talking about u Hatchy
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 PM

Actually i am.. ive been around when it comes to HID's

Stock housings to TYC Housings to the DIY shield and Casper Shield ive done it all and it still produces Glare.. The casper shields will give off glare Horizontally so it may not hurt the person in front of you.. but it will affect the people in the on coming lane.

Ive tried every single possible Fit for HID's in EG housings and thats why i am so on about Retrofits cause Nothing else compares to it as far as Function and Saftety...

Now Hatchy the only way you dont cause glare is if you have your Headlights pointed straight down to the ground. if you could Take your car to a wall 25ft back and take a picture of the cutoff and it will expose the glare.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually i am.. ive been around when it comes to HID's

Stock housings to TYC Housings to the DIY shield and Casper Shield ive done it all and it still produces Glare.. The casper shields will give off glare Horizontally so it may not hurt the person in front of you.. but it will affect the people in the on coming lane.

Ive tried every single possible Fit for HID's in EG housings and thats why i am so on about Retrofits cause Nothing else compares to it as far as Function and Saftety...

Now Hatchy the only way you dont cause glare is if you have your Headlights pointed straight down to the ground. if you could Take your car to a wall 25ft back and take a picture of the cutoff and it will expose the glare. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, I know this. And you have yet to tell me anything I have not known for 4 years now. When I first got the HIDs I was not nearly as educated with lighting as I am now. Trust me, I've done hours upon hours of research on both HIDs and lighting in general.

Yes, my lights are pointed down almost as far as they can go in order to avoid blinding people. I am very adamant about not sticking HIDs in cars and blinding the **** out of people. It is actually one of my pet peves. However, I do not get flashed by anyone, I watch for people's reaction even still today to make sure I am not making anyone uncomfortable. I know you think it's impossible, but I do not blind people with my current set up. If I did I would immediately remedy the situation.

I have been meaning to do a retrofit for a long time now, but I've never been able to find projectors for a decent price, and when I've already put over 500 dollars into my lighting (making mistakes along the way) it's hard to put another 200 - 300 dollars into it.

I'm not gonna sit here and have a pissing contest with you over this, but trust me, I know HIDs and lighting. I know what I'm talking about. For you to come assume I have not done research and dont know what I am talking about is pretty dumb. My prior post was a short post about what the kid could do. I didnt feel like waisting an hour of my time tonight to spill out all the information I have taken the time to research. I gave him my take on my current set up (where I even said a shield is completely necessary, and it wont give you anywhere close to the output or cutoff of a retrofit), I also said that retrofit is the way to go, and that he could do it in his stock housing. So please, inform me of what you added to the thread that I had not already added?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
EJ7

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (Outrun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Outrun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Keep in mind that HIDs are illegal for your car, and that most/all kits have a horrible beam pattern due to the housing (designed for the light emitted from a tungsten filament) being not suitable for the light emitted from a xenon arc.

With that out of the way, I suggest checking out http://www.hidforum.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not in all states, illegal that is.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (EJ7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not in all states, illegal that is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe HID kits are illegal in all states since they are Illegal to sell within the US
Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (JDMlyfestyle)

Why does every post blow up into this ****? Is it because of the holidays?

No, don't use your stock housings.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does every post blow up into this ****? Is it because of the holidays?

No, don't use your stock housings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome to honda-tech. And thanks for your very informative input to this thread.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ahhhh glare.............

Quick Reply: EG owners with HIDs. Check here.