Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

eg with manul rack, High speed unstable

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg with manul rack, High speed unstable

I have a eg hatch manual rack. with ls swap. It is lowered with neuspeed race springs,Bushing kit all around, tokyco(sp) blues.camber kit, had it aiigned adn camber adjusted to almost stock. that is all that is done . when I cruise at 90+mph the car just feels like it is floating. I am used to the nice cruise like a 3 series bmw. Is there any defuser, or any thing I can do to help with high speed handling,wheels are stock si wheels,.. I drive 80+miles aday.
PS I am putting suspension technique sway bars up front and in the back.this weekend,dont' think it'll help that much though
Old 12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg with manul rack, High speed unstable (vadersi)

If it feels a little "floaty," as you say, my guess would be the Tokico Blues are worn out. They're not valved for the significant drop that the Race springs offer. So your shocks could be worn out or blown.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm i said u work on the aereodinamic and the fuselage of the car like some front lips or like front spoilers keep the car in the ground plz correct me if I'am wrong
Old 12-16-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: eg with manul rack, High speed unstable (racing_beat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racing_beat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm i said u work on the aereodinamic and the fuselage of the car like some front lips or like front spoilers keep the car in the ground plz correct me if I'am wrong </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i dont think thats right, the suspension prob sounds correct...i havent heard good things about the blues..get some koni yellows
Old 12-16-2004, 04:32 PM

I dont know if your "80+ miles a day" is commuting one way and back another, or just aimlessly driving, but think about this.

If you drive 80 miles, 40 one way, 40 back, the 40 mile trip at 75 miles an hour will take you 32 minutes. If you take your cruising speed and up it to 90mph, it will take you 26.4 minutes. WOW, FOR THE LOW COST OF EVERYONES SAFETY ON THE ROAD, YOU JUST SAVED 5.6 MINUTES. Yes, thats correct, negating the safety of yourself and others, you just saved yourself and entire 5.6 minutes one way, or a whopping 11.2 minutes round trip!! What a great tradeoff, dont you think?

Just slow the **** down, no one is in such a rush they need to CRUISE at 90 on the highway, try leaving a few minutes earlier and save everyone the trouble.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: (jlacoy82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlacoy82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know if your "80+ miles a day" is commuting one way and back another, or just aimlessly driving, but think about this.

If you drive 80 miles, 40 one way, 40 back, the 40 mile trip at 75 miles an hour will take you 32 minutes. If you take your cruising speed and up it to 90mph, it will take you 26.4 minutes. WOW, FOR THE LOW COST OF EVERYONES SAFETY ON THE ROAD, YOU JUST SAVED 5.6 MINUTES. Yes, thats correct, negating the safety of yourself and others, you just saved yourself and entire 5.6 minutes one way, or a whopping 11.2 minutes round trip!! What a great tradeoff, dont you think?

Just slow the **** down, no one is in such a rush they need to CRUISE at 90 on the highway, try leaving a few minutes earlier and save everyone the trouble.</TD></TR></TABLE>

could not have put it any better! I too tend to get in it every now and again, but try to do it on back roads where no one is!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: eg with manul rack, High speed unstable (Daniel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it feels a little "floaty," as you say, my guess would be the Tokico Blues are worn out. They're not valved for the significant drop that the Race springs offer. So your shocks could be worn out or blown. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This guy is right. Your springs rates are too high for blues. I doubt Illimnas,Koni Reds or AGX will work for race springs even. You should invest in some Koni "Yellows". You said your rolling stock Si wheels is that stock eg hb si wheels? If so id say get a good set or tires and wheels if you must travel at 90mph. 1st thing is struts man cause yours are blown.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: (sleeping GIANT)

you have no idea the roads or the people out on teh roads.. I drive 40 miles one way. It is on the turn pike at 2:45am in the morning , straight roads. If I see or comin up on a car I pass at only 5 mph faster then they are driving , for there safety as well as mine. Im used to driving on the autobahnm for the last 5 yrs. so please dont' tell me I'm going to kill someone. I drive safe in all traffic situation
Thankis
Old 12-16-2004, 06:13 PM

"thanks" doesn't have an "i" in it

and slow down *******.....i ride the pa/oh turnpike often, and i don't want to see you or your car wrecked on the road cause a deer jumped out in front of your car while you were going 90.

You can't factor in things like deer or other drivers. So it doesn't matter how much time you spent on the turdobahn.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

worn tie rod ends?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:57 AM

Default Re: eg with manul rack, High speed unstable (litterbox)

Thanks You do make a point about speeding, but back to the ? any Ideas. Do'es anyone make a defuser for under the car. I'd like to stay away from a wing on the hatch, tie rods are new,.
Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vadersi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tie rods are new,.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The outter tie rods, inner tie rods, or both?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: eg with manul rack, High speed unstable (EE_Chris)

if your driving is anything like your spelling

gtfo
Old 12-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vadersi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I am used to the nice cruise like a 3 series bmw. </TD></TR></TABLE>

add 1000lb and a 6" to your wheelbase and you might get some better high speed stability....
Old 12-17-2004, 04:07 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vadersi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Do'es anyone make a defuser for under the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe the 92-95 VX model had a rear defuser stock from the factory.

Also, you can't compare the autobahn to the ohio turnpike. People who drive the autobahn know what to expect. People on the turnpike don't expect to see a car going 90+ so you can't factor in their reaction or like someone said a deer. Hit a deer at that speed in that car and your going to be hurting. Just slow down, it's the easiest and safest thing to do for everyone including yourself.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A diffuser still won't help the fact that your shocks are overworked by the spring rates of the Neuspeed Races. And yes, the VX did come with a diffuser, but it was more for fuel efficiency than smoothing out airflow for downforce ... nothing like can be found on the newer Ferraris or anything, if that's what you're looking for.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:20 PM

did a search anyone have pis of the diffuser.