Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG JDM DOORS - need wire diagram to power them up

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG JDM DOORS - need wire diagram to power them up

so i got some power jdm doors complete with pigtails for my eg ive look everywhere 4 a wire diagram to power them up but came up with nothing.... does anyone know where to get the diagram or know how to power them up????
Old 09-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: EG JDM DOORS

check fuses.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here you go
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/92-95-civic-power-door-conversion-right-way-tons-pics-end-all-swap-2337026/
Old 09-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by robbys89
thanks 4 the link i had already came up on that one im just wondering if doing it that way would work on the jdm doors except extending the wires from the left to the right and via versa also if the usdm pigtails would work on jdm doors???
Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thier shouldent be any differance in the JDM and USDM pigtails, as for extending the wires i connot say but the guy in that write up seems too know what he is doing so if i where you i would just do what he did, iv never done a power conversion myself so im no expert! thier may be easyer ways but you may find that out while in the process. good luck
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98civdx
check fuses.
lol...What?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmgeorgeeg6
thanks 4 the link i had already came up on that one im just wondering if doing it that way would work on the jdm doors except extending the wires from the left to the right and vice versa also if the usdm pigtails would work on jdm doors???
Pigtail for the driver's side power window is different (reversed). Just a matter of changing the pins around in the connector.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just curious here, but what options did the "JDM" door have that the USDM door didn't. Unless the JDM door was from an ex or si and the USDM was from a DX
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 AM

It's a little more complicated than that (eg., model trim levels are quite different), but suffice to say that most JDM hatchbacks had power windows/locks/mirrors, etc.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DeSchlong
Pigtail for the driver's side power window is different (reversed). Just a matter of changing the pins around in the connector.
ya thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure im just gonna mess with the set up till i get them working lol thanks u guys for the help
Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a little more complicated than that (eg., model trim levels are quite different), but suffice to say that most JDM hatchbacks had power windows/locks/mirrors, etc.
Does an EX USDM not have that?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by austinkli
yes the ex coupe does have them but the usdm si hatchbacks came with crank windows but powered sunroof
Old 09-15-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by austinkli
The EX is not a hatchback ... however, you're right in pointing out that my response was incomplete. The USDM EX Coupe had PW/PL/PM, and these can be transplanted onto a Hatchback as the doors and door panels are the same size/shape/etc.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
fuses.
check them!! if they are blown noithing will work.
your goofy

shouldn't really have to extend any wiring. you need the 4pin relay too. so if your going to test them ground out the door and plug that trash in the fuse box (the smaller connector), you need 5x20 amp fuses in the bottom and try it out? Should work.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i read it wrong ok... and by the time i read it again i was out of time and had to leave to get my brother,

hes not asking why it doesnt work, he wants the harness info.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oah and think about this.
Your mirrors are made for a RHD car. So when you put them in your car, you should swap out the mirrors for a USDM, and keep the jdm power housings. I think that is the smart thing to do right?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there a write-up or diagram showing which pins need to be moved where? I've installed RHD power doors on a LHD, and I'd be more than happy if I could simply get the windows to roll up.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay
Is there a write-up or diagram showing which pins need to be moved where? I've installed RHD power doors on a LHD, and I'd be more than happy if I could simply get the windows to roll up.
Uh, you don't need the RHD diagram to wire the connector for LHD. If you can read an LHD diagram (check link in my sig for the diagrams in my write-up) then you can wire the P/W connectors properly. The wire colours are the same, just in a different position.

This assumes of course that you have the correct LHD door cups/switches for passenger and driver.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I do not have the LHD cups and switches. Is this going to be a problem? The shape of the cups appear to be different, so I don't think they'll be able to swap sides.

We're talking about re-pinning the door harness, where it clips into the chassis harness, correct? On the right side, all the wires that are in the chassis side of the plug are matching the wire colors of the door harness, however, it has 5 extra wires that the chassis plug does not.

-blue/red
-green/yellow
-white/green
-white/yellow
-large black terminal

Those wires definitely are on the left side chassis harness however. What do I need to swap around?

Door harness:

Name:  IMG_4358.jpg
Views: 9693
Size:  95.1 KB

Chassis harness:

Name:  IMG_4360.jpg
Views: 6235
Size:  96.6 KB
Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 AM

Oh, this is an easy one!

To be clear, I thought you were talking about the pin locations on the window switches, not at the chassis/door connectors. But, I can help on that matter, too.

Swap the Right door harness for the Left harness and vice-versa if you're using RHD door harnesses on a LHD car. Think about it: on a RHD car, where the driver sits on the right, all the important power stuff is on the right: master door lock switches, power window master switch, door lock relay .... since on your LHD car, all of this is mounted on the left, you need to move all your wiring accordingly.

You will still need to rewire the pins on the connectors for your LHD P/W switches, once you purchase these.

There will no doubt other issue you will run in to ... specifically, I am thinking about how the JDM door locks operate (there's no inside switch), and how you can't swap the actuators for either side. Let me know when you get there... might be able to help.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I plan to remove the power lock modules and replace them with manual ones. I can't use these outer handles because my key doesn't work with them, lol.

I can't do any of that though, because the windows are still down in the door. I wish it were as easy as swapping door harness sides, BUT, the plugs on the window motors are different. Left hand door has a 2 wire plug, while the right side has a 4 wire plug.

Left side motor:

Name:  IMG_4362.jpg
Views: 6187
Size:  76.6 KB

Right side motor:

Name:  IMG_4361.jpg
Views: 8268
Size:  59.8 KB

Can I swap motors, or is there a way to swap and splice the plugs? If I can cut and splice them, what is controlled by the two other wires (blue and black) that are leading to the right side motor? Are these related to the "diasable" switch, so that the other person can't control it? If I permanently hook them together, will the other side work freely on it's own?

This is the LHD diagram I have been using, but I can't seem to make sense of what I'm looking at.

Would it be (down) red/yellow -> blue/white, and (up) red/blue -> blue/red? I really appreciate all this help. You have no idea.

Name:  EH2USDMLHDPowerWindowWiring2.jpg
Views: 58234
Size:  114.7 KB

Last edited by HeroOfTheDay; 10-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking for some opinions before I try swapping plugs on the motors. I've gotta get these windows rolled up.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:22 PM

Crap... I just lost everything I wrote.

OK, Coles notes version:

Checked the Parts Diagram, looks like you CAN swap left and right window motors. If you can't, you will have to source from a 93-95 Civic Coupe or a 94-01 Integra 3Dr.

If you want to save a little $$, it might be possible to re-use the JDM Driver (USDM passenger) side by connecting BLU/RED to RED/YEL and BLU/WHT to RED/BLU. The BLU and BLK will not be used. These are for the "Auto Down" (one-click down) feature of the windows. You'll still need the USDM driver's side motor if you go this route.

Incidentally, you can swap your existing outer door handle key lock modules into the JDM ones. This is a pretty easy swap, as I recall.

If you want to roll up the windows right away, connect + and - battery power temporarily to the window motor connector. A ~12V power drill battery might work too.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You rock man. I managed to connect the motors to the battery and get both windows up with your advice!

Next I plan to swap the lock cylinders from my USDM door handles onto the JDM handles tomorrow, and will also attempt swapping motor plugs between doors.

I can't say thanks enough for the help. Electrical items have always been sort of a headache for me.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:01 PM

Well, thank-you for posting pictures and diagrams, for thinking through the problems yourself on your own before asking for help, and for using good spelling and grammar... definitely not enough of that on this site, and a welcome relief when I see it. Any more questions, just fire away.

EDIT: Quick thought - you're not just swapping the motor plugs -- you need to swap the whole motor contraption (ie., unscrew it from the window actuator)

Last edited by deschlong; 10-21-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Quick Reply: EG JDM DOORS - need wire diagram to power them up