Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG hatch ls build

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG hatch ls build

Hey people,

Im new to H-T; been reading a lot of threads for a while but finally decided to join yesterday lol. so here is my little introduction to what i have and what i want to do (any pointers, tips, suggestions are always welcome ):

the ride:
1993 civic cx

the engine:
i believe it is a 96 integra ls

the mods:
new megan 4-2-1 header
apexi N1 exhaust
front camber kit (ebay lol)
coilovers all around (dont know what brand)
new full CXracing aluminum radiator (works liek a charm, plus comes with 2 12" slim fans...179 shipped ebay)
and a few other thigngs i know im missing.

what i want to do to it:
replace my exhaust - the apexi is leaking, invest in some interior engine components to get little bit of power- maybe port and polish and valve job as well as upgrade the valvetrain, and a lot of other thigns that i plan on doing later.

i will take some pictures as soon as i get my new camera working.

got in an accident in december...blew all my money on getting her fixed, but shes still sitting a bit lopsided, plus one of my coilovers is higher than the other and i nee air in my rear right tire lol.

il post some pics as soon as i can. and i also have some questions for you guys; any answers, pointers and tips il gladly welcome.

im new to the whoel forum posting, pretty much the whole tuner scene and all that jazz.

-arthur
Old 04-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EG hatch ls build

Sounds good. Don't let theives get it.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how do you post pictures?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright i think i figured it out...went out and snapped some pics of the car...i know it isnt the best..and i have a few ghetto rigs going on...(rad supports FTW?!) but here goes nothing:

keep in mind that shes also my daily...so anythign i do i have to put it back together so i can drive it the next day...kinda a pain in the @$$ sometimes, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

i will take some more and better pictures, just wanted to kinda throw it out there.

Last edited by 1nsoman1ac; 04-13-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh, and i got a fujita cold air intake i gotta replace with the ebay short ram that was on there when i bought it. an OBX (yeah i know) intake manifold, benen fuel rail, blox FPR, and an aerocatch hood kit.

quick question...for the bennen fuel rail, what size -AN fitting do i use? what about for the fuel filter? i wanna do the stainles steel braided fuel line thing so that i can put in my NRG strut bar.

any help would help. thanks. more updates to come soon.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Flattery Will Get You Everywhere

car has potential. get rid of the red on the inside and the ricer lights. other wise nice. good luck
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao you dont like the red? dam. i painted it like 3 months ago...all the vents and **** were all like miscolored. the door ones were gray and brown, and the dash ones were like gray, brown, black and one was even yellow...ftw. ive given this car a lot of TLC. it may not look like it, but i shouldve taken pictures of when i first got it. ugh. i just wish i had more money.

but i agree the ricer lights are going very soon lmao. i wanna get a lip for it, but idk if i should get a polyurethane or a CF mugen style one. but idk, i almost think if i paint it white, get a new rad support to fix the bent front, and shave the engine bay, along with some type r floormats, it would ook a lot better. idk...what do you guys think?

please post something im looking for suggestions lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what wheels are those?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why do they look like $hit? lol. i believe they are enkeis. i will pop one off tomorow (if i can find the lug nut key lol). check back tomorow and i will let you know what they are for sure.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone help me with the fuel rail question?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump

Last edited by 1nsoman1ac; 04-13-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone have a picture of their civic with a lip? im trying to decide between the type r, mugen, and idk what else is out there...
Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
New User

if you chose a lip i recomend something polyurethane (wont break as easy) if you are going to paint it the same color as the car, as for the ricer flare it is abit out there but its your car and its all aobut YOUR flavor if theres anything we learned from "the prisut of function" its that no one honda will be built like another if it were so man what a boring day it would be at a honda meet lol, your headed in the right dirrection for the most part, i would search local junk yards and replace all your mis matched panels if you really want to attain a factory look on the interior, i my self have a 92 cx hatch that im building an ls/vtec for it useing b16b pistons ls crank (balanced) and ls rods with arp rod bolts and head bolts and a itr head with skunk pro 2 cams and valve springs, retainers yadda yadda well god luck and stay on track
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ricer flair???
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im glad you are excited for it but you really have to make it look more civilized, I wouldnt step into it myself and I own a hatch. You have a long road ahead, especially with the mentality. Its important to prioritize things when the money is tight. The engine looks great but the interior looks like ***. You really need to dye those vents oem black, theres tutorials around for these and which paint to use, it comes out really good. Black interiors are the best, not the flashy stuff. Black makes it look new and up to date while red looks like something from the fast and the furious lol.

Instead of looking for a lip, look for a normal set of rims (LS meshies,Si,GSR, oem steelies with hubcaps or even rotas) and save up for a paintjob. Theres a lot of money that can be put elsewhere. Type R floormats? Big no no trust me. Just get some regular OEM ones.

I mean Im not the one who owns the car or building it but Im just trying to set you in the right direction, youre going to grow up a year or 2 and look back and be like what was I thinking? Car looks way better stock and with respectable upgrades, those do not include BMW M3 mirrors, painted vents, Type R floormats or glow in the dark gauges :-\ .

Save your money and fix the body, the interior and then worry about making it look "tight" with aftermarket mods. Honda got it right the first time in many things, you really cant go wrong with OEM most of the time.

Good luck!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the input...trust me imquite ashamed of she looks like not gonna lie. the m3 mirrors were supposed to be a replcement cuz when i bought her my pasenger one fell off on the way home. ftw. they wee liek 15 bucks ebay...and i needed mirors. the car looks like *** cuz of the accident. u shouldve seen it in december...loked liek a heap fromt he junk yard. yeah the type r floormats were only cuz i wanted somethign black..but i think i will go with the stock. as far as the rims, they came with the car...they will be the last thign im gonan get because i really dont care what they are right now, and dont feel like dropping 400-500 on some rota slips. i have an ida of axis racer-x rims floating around in my head...not the ones with the corect offset, but the 15x8s deepdish.rice, i know, but maybe they will be different. im thinking maybe fender flares in the future wiht some bondo to make it look alright. thank you for the props on the engine..ben my focuz point since i got it...it was disgusting so ive been trying to clean her up. its tough as **** when its a daily and i can only work on it form 5 pm til about midnight. yeah the interior needs to be put in order...i need the pasenger vent, as well as a good vaccuuming. ive been thinking about upholstering the pillars with some black suade, and spraying rubber trunk liner all over the floor panel before putting in the mats. idk about the red though...i knwo its ricey, and i agree black looks good, i just wanted to be different. but thank you for the input...i think ive been heading in the right direction...just hit a fue snags. at one point i was about to part it out and sell the shell and buy a beater till i could afford another civic. ugh. i just wish i had a little more money.

anyways, im thinking about starting to repair the body (bondo) and then get it painted champion white. thats why i painted the vents red so that it would be black, white, red scheme. i was gonn aget red corbeau seats...and takata harness. maybe roll cage sometime also.

what do you think about that HBK fanatic?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

engine bay looks good but...... head lights, side skirts, and red painted interior.. .... got to go!!!!! "imo"
Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i really didnt liek the sideskirts either. got them for 75 from a guy. mugen style. yeah i knwo...keyword..style. lol. i think the headlights are gonna be replaced with black housing with amber corners next paycheck. but the rear lihts are the ones that are bothering the **** out of me...cuz theure super rice. lol. i thought they looked cool when i got the car, but now im like wtf was i thinking.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know they are enkei's, but I don't know the name...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1nsoman1ac
i thought they looked cool when i got the car, but now im like wtf was i thinking.
lol, It comes faster than you think.

As far as bondo, dont do it, bondo cracks, and bondo bubbles. If you were to paint it white, proper prep and bodywork would need to be done. You should really look into the "$50 dollar paintjob" Its basically a really cheap paintjob using stuff that you can get at home depot or lowes. It comes out pretty darn good if done right if you ask me!

Dont worry about upholstering the interior, get the other stuff taken care of first.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah if i dont know **** about hondas, i do knwo about the 50 $ paint job lmao. ive seen it done, and helped with a few. hm...maybe il do that. yeah the interior upholdstery can wait. i just want to get so many things for it lmao, but money i tight, and your right, gotta prioritize. ugh. well the apexi exhaust can wait for now...its leaking abit right before the muffler, but i think it can wait. il get the body work done and the paint. it will prolly be a while before that gets done though. i gotta slap on the fujita intake, and my fuel rail. what size an fittings do i need do u know? -6an or -8 an? and will the fitting simply slip right into the stock fuel filter or should i get the aftermarket one, say by like obx or somethign? and what do u think of the idea of spraying the bedpan with the ruber undercoating before setting in the floormats? i think it will clean it up a little bit and fill in all those scratches and **** that were left behind by the previous owners.

so if i want to drop 500 $ into it right now, excluding rims, paint, and bodywork...what do you suggest i buy for it?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 PM
New User

Nice Head Man!!! Love The Color!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thank you very much..people have been telling me its gay cuz its purple, but its so deep when the sun rays hit it. thanks.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright guys, so i got a few compliment on my engine bay...which im still in the process of cleaning up and adding a few add-ons. and then i got a few comments about how $hitty the interior was...lmao. def had to agree. so today i went out and bought 4 cans of 3M rubber undercoat, and a spray bottle of simple green. and i thought id show you guys what took up nearly 8 hours of my life:

(sorry for the sucky picture quality in the last pics, i literally just got done with it about 20 minutes ago )

before:

AFTER: ( )

tell me what you guys think...
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM

looks good get rid of the red lol

Quick Reply: EG hatch ls build