Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Password JDM motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Password JDM motors

Has anyone on here bought a motor from them. If so, how was the condition of the motor and the service?
Old 12-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Password JDM motors (Malakai)

No more Password JDM motors is my rule.

(unless your going to completely gut it down and redo it all new then go for it)
Old 12-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've never bought one from them personally, but I've heard nothing but BAD things about them everything from blown HGs with warped heads to one that had a re drilled ITR IM on a GSR

hmotorsonline.com (commonly reffered to as HMO) is the only place I've ever gone to....good prices, guys are totally chill(unlike password....all about money no customer service) and actually know what they're selling(also unlike password....tried to tell my friend ITR motors were roughly 13:1 and required race gas LOFL)
Old 12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
WHEEL Slayer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://unlimitedjdm.com/cms/in...id=43

go to them and tell them orlando sent you...
Old 12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Password JDM motors (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never bought one from them personally, but I've heard nothing but BAD things about them everything from blown HGs with warped heads to one that had a re drilled ITR IM on a GSR

hmotorsonline.com (commonly reffered to as HMO) is the only place I've ever gone to....good prices, guys are totally chill(unlike password....all about money no customer service) and actually know what they're selling(also unlike password....tried to tell my friend ITR motors were roughly 13:1 and required race gas LOFL)</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't know password:jdm even sold motors.

As far as HMO goes, don't agree with much of it.

Horribly expensive prices for a warranty.

HMO is by FAR not the cheapest route, junkyard with warranty = win.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Password JDM motors (broketuner-Sol_Si)

all ive heard was bad stuff about passwords motors and great stuff from http://hmotorsonline.com
Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Password JDM motors (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HMO is by FAR not the cheapest route, junkyard with warranty = win.</TD></TR></TABLE>
have you ever ordered a motor from hmo if not dont bash. i doubt he want to rebuild a motor since hes looking for an imported motor to begin with
Old 12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HMO is by FAR not the cheapest route, junkyard with warranty = win.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i know uve been against them for some time now. Im in Canada and in my area we dont really have any junkyards for imports so I have to rely on these kinds of shops.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im looking at either the GSR or ITR w b18b as another option. Looking to go N/A. Would you take the lsd if u went gsr?
Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Password JDM motors (bigluelok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Malakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea i know uve been against them for some time now. Im in Canada and in my area we dont really have any junkyards for imports so I have to rely on these kinds of shops.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I'm smarter than you, I'm not a tool, I have not bought from them.

Me and my friend were looking at a JDM D15B from there and they were quoting over 1k shipped. A joke. I can get a good warranty from a junkyard. I got my Y8 trans (rare as expletive around here) for $375 with a 6mo warranty + labor charge warranty. Needless to say I will now buy all my engines/transmissions from this guy. Though that's just my particular case. I haven't spent that much time in Canada to know where junkyards are, or aren't, or where there's lack of them, all I can say is that hmo is a rip-off when it comes to prices vs a junkyard.

It becomes a battle of whether you want to pay more for a known, national company, or less through a local company...I say the latter as they each have warranties..I mean ****, you might say that HMO has a 100% startup warranty, yeah, so does this guy, I picked up a transmission for a ford taurus 4 door from him, and he gave me a TWO YEAR WARRANTY.

Modified by Syndacate at 6:01 PM 12/21/2007
Old 12-21-2007, 01:52 PM
WHEEL Slayer

Default Re: (Malakai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Malakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im looking at either the GSR or ITR w b18b as another option. Looking to go N/A. Would you take the lsd if u went gsr?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im tellin you man go to jdmU. they will hook it up for you
Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JustHere4ADay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JustHere4ADay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im tellin you man go to jdmU. they will hook it up for you</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i checked out their site, but their selection seems limited. I want the motor to be OBD 2 cause there really isnt any placed for tuning and the sort around here, so it will mainly be bolt on stuff for me.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
WHEEL Slayer

Call them up and talk to them.. they can get almost anymotor within 48hrs.... only reason why there site looks like that is because they are a new shop...i my self have bought a motor from them and its running nice and strong...and again they are mad cool and will work with you
Old 12-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok cool. how was their shipping costs?
Old 12-21-2007, 01:59 PM
WHEEL Slayer

Not Sure because i picked mine up from them..
Old 12-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok cool ima hit em up and see what the deal is.

thank
Old 12-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought eight motors from HMO this year...a little pricier than most, but every one was worth it in my opinion...all motors were clean, compression tests were perfect, and out of all eight motors, not a single broken sensor...I mean you really can't beat that...yes you will pay 200-500$ more depending on the motor from HMO than some of the other importers...but given the track record with what I've gotten from them I think the few extra $$ is reflected in the quality of the used motor...but who knows, maybe I'm just lucky

oh, and to the OP, go with the LSD option if your getting it from HMO and you have the extra cash for it
Old 12-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt know junkyards gave waranties thats new to me so i take back what i said i know i got a block from the junkyard thought for 125 bucks though so my appologieze
Old 12-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i dont really get y ppl say it is more $$ from HMO cause the sites that ive looked at, they were pretty much equal.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Used to work for a shop and we recieved motors from both password and Hmotors. Hmotors are 1000 time cleaner and we never had any problems. Passwords motors always came in dirty with stuff missing sometimes or broken sensors.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:55 PM

does HMO ship to canada? Vancouver BC to be exact
Old 12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (neebie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neebie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does HMO ship to canada? Vancouver BC to be exact</TD></TR></TABLE>
here check out there site http://hmotorsonline.com
Old 12-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigluelok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigluelok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i didnt know junkyards gave waranties thats new to me so i take back what i said i know i got a block from the junkyard thought for 125 bucks though so my appologieze</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL

No, you're right.

There's those junkyards too, the $125 rt. (whatever street the junkyard is on) warranty - as in when it hits that street, the warranty expires . They're the majority of junkyards.

Yeah, I guess that's like most junkyards, but I only found one that's close to me that has Hondas - and it sucked. Though this other one does shipping, warranties, etc. Even cover the labor costs for a swap or something if it's a bad swap. That's some unusually stand-up ****. Like I said, 2 year warranty on a ford taurus auto trans. Very very organized, parts get cut out of the chassis with plasma cutters so they aren't damaged, put in a warehouse, info stored in a computer, so on and so forth.

And mine was 475 - 100 (core swap) for a Y8 trans (incredibly rare in my area, surprisingly) + a 6mo warranty.

There's a site that Bense knows, that searches junkyards in your area - I can't remember the name at the moment but it's something obvious - I'm pretty sure he used that site to buy some stuff - they tell you on the site the details (like if it has a warranty or anything) and you can call 'em right up.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

yeah passwordjdm ish is a friggin joke. I've heard nothing but bad things from people that got there motors from password. I've bought their products in the past and it was crap. Even came across there injector clips (which didn't even clip in). I called up the company and advised them not to get those clips anymore. Reason why I know it was assword is because it looked exactly like there stuff from the site. And past stuff that i've gotten from them didn't fit. Not to mention the shitty service. Not from the workers but the manager

Doesn't matter to me anymore anyways my ride got stolen and i'm not going back to honda. Tired of seeing everything f'd up. But get your engine from hmotorsonline... I know numerous people that've been doing hondas for a while stay gettin stuff from them.

As for the junkyards... The ones here are hella shady when it comes to honda parts.