Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG guys with HID's..

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EG guys with HID's..

are you running projectors or stock housings? some say they look better in projectors, some say they look better in the stock housings. which is it!? anybody have pics in an EG?
Old 06-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (hot_EF)

ttt
Old 06-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im interested in know too. Free bump!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (Downeybear11)

i don't have HID's, but I own a set of projectors and i can definantly say they look better with projectors.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (poison)

i don't have HID's, but I own a set of projectors and i can definantly say they look better with projectors.
do you mean HID's look better with projectors, or EG's look better with projectors?

EDIT: BTW, where did you buy your h22? your sig is interesting..

[Modified by hot_EF, 8:58 PM 6/22/2002]
Old 06-22-2002, 01:36 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best $400 I spent in awhile (this was approx. a year ago from now) and they still work and look just as great as ever. Very distinct looking when you're driving towards me... doesn't even come close to looking like any "ion" bulbs. I'm using the stock headlight housing, and using the H4 HID kit. Never seen a H3 kit in some EG projectors, but the H4 kit in the stock headlight housing just lights up everything.

FYI, when people complain about glare and getting high-beamed by oncoming traffic, it's because people who put aftermarket HIDs into their car do not readjust their headlights after they're in. I aimed my down a little bit, and it still shines all over the ground infront of me (great for night & freeway driving) but in the 11 months that I've had my HIDs, I've never been high-beamed by oncoming traffic, nor has any cops hassled me about it (I assume they see you coming and think you're a luxury car so they don't think twice as if you came at them with some blue/ion regular headlight bulbs = ricer, IMO)

There's some more picts here... http://www.csuchico.edu/~dnewman/HID/
Not the greatest, but some that I took a year ago for the hell of it.

Old 06-22-2002, 01:38 PM
New User

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (Newman)

Man, after looking at some of the picts of the headights, my camera sucks taking picts of my HIDs.... but trust me, they look very similar to an Acura CL or Mercedes at night (not purple like the Audi & BMW cars.... just pure white with a haze of purple around them)

Old 06-22-2002, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you mean HID's look better with projectors, or EG's look better with projectors?

EDIT: BTW, where did you buy your h22? your sig is interesting..
HID's look better in projectors,
and I think both stock headlights and projectors look good on eg's.

and about the swap, i ordered the h22 from jdmclub (mark). that's part of the conversation with him, heh. just want to put it in my sig because it annoys the hell out of me everyday.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kinda funny somebody posted a post about real HID's for EG's.

i just got back from a friend's house who bought some HID H4 kit for his EG,

he finished right before i left and they do look a big difference what he had before.

hell, i'm running some aftermarket wanna-be's bulbs and nowhere is close to the real deal.

oh, by the way, he tested it first during day light hours.

he can't wait to tried 'em out tonite.

Old 06-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (SANBST)

also, he was using the stock housing. if i'm not mistaken, i believe he went with the 6000k series.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where can i get a set of these babies?

Best $400 I spent in awhile (this was approx. a year ago from now) and they still work and look just as great as ever. Very distinct looking when you're driving towards me... doesn't even come close to looking like any "ion" bulbs. I'm using the stock headlight housing, and using the H4 HID kit. Never seen a H3 kit in some EG projectors, but the H4 kit in the stock headlight housing just lights up everything.

FYI, when people complain about glare and getting high-beamed by oncoming traffic, it's because people who put aftermarket HIDs into their car do not readjust their headlights after they're in. I aimed my down a little bit, and it still shines all over the ground infront of me (great for night & freeway driving) but in the 11 months that I've had my HIDs, I've never been high-beamed by oncoming traffic, nor has any cops hassled me about it (I assume they see you coming and think you're a luxury car so they don't think twice as if you came at them with some blue/ion regular headlight bulbs = ricer, IMO)

Old 06-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (Downeybear11)

where can i get a set of these babies?[img]
Old 06-22-2002, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

just a quick question about HID's...

with the real HID's like Newman has, the bulbs don't burn out quickly do they? i'm asking this, because this big time ricer from my town who thinks he knows everything about imports, came up behind me one night and i thought he was high beeming me, so i asked him why his headlights were so bright and he told me they're his new "HID's". and that he has to change bulbs every other week.

now i thought with "real" HID's, the bulbs last a pretty long time. about as long as regular halogen bulbs. i called BS and said they were those fake HID bulbs you can get from pep boys, because i know those burn out fairly quick.

he also told me he paid 700.00 bucks for his HID's, and his car is a big joke. he has a 92-95 LX that's slammed with 90-91 CRX Si wheels without center caps painted interior, under body neons etc... i don't think all his mods together add up to 700.00 dollars.

i kinda got in a little argument with him and really he pisses me off.
sorry this is kinda long, i just want to know if he was tellin' the truth or if he was just talkin' out his ***. thanks.

[Modified by Blazin Si, 7:48 PM 6/22/2002]
Old 06-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (Blazin Si)

those look pretty darn good Newman. Where did you buy yours from? I'm currently looking at the XenonDepot set. yay, nay?
Old 06-22-2002, 04:43 PM
New User

To answer a few questions......

I've had the HIDs for almost 12 months now... I've used them a lot at night, so that goes to show that they haven't burned out or any other problems that I've had. As for the guy having to change his out every week, I don't think they're real HIDs... if they are, (1) they're expensive to replace every time and (2) he really fucked his **** and they blow out all the time. If they're real HIDs (not just very bright lights), then they'll have the same glow as a new Mercedes, Acura TL/CL, BMW, S2000, Audi, etc, especially when coming at you down the road.... with the road and the car bouncing, you can tell right away if they're real HIDs or not.

Where did I get them? I got them through my friend at HCP... at the time (a year ago) they were $400 for the kit - my price obviously. They might be cheaper now... haven't really looked into them lately, but I might if I can find some that are H4H style so I can use them in my DA.

Old 06-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks for the reply Newman... from the sound of it, they're not real HID's. they were just bright and didn't have the "shimmer" to them, that the Benz's, BMW's have.
Old 06-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (Blazin Si)

i have HIDS in the stock factory headlight
damn brite
and never had the need for the hi beam but i wanna get the hi/low beam kit
they are the purple 6oook lights
Old 06-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (555R)

i want my headlights to look sorta like an S2K comin down the road..you know how they sorta bounce and are very intense...i like that. I think having HID's in a projector housing would look sorta like that, yes? I guess i gotta figure out what bulb goes in the projectors...i've heard they're H3's.....i went out and looked and i don't see anything on the bulbs i have now. they're Denji projectors. is the general consensus that projectors use H3's?
Old 06-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The projector lights for the 92-95 Civics use an H3 (foglight) bulb which is very difficult to make into HID due to the length of the bulb and the arc of the light it radiates. I've heard of some people custom fitting H4 (stock bulb) HID's into their projectors as well. Like with most custom mods to our cars, nothing is absolutely impossible. With that said, I think I saw an H3 HID kit advertised somewhere but they wanted $800 for it and I really don't know how good it would be for the reasons I stated. Anyways, if anyone figures out how to custom fit HID's into projectors, I'd be happy to hear them.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (PhAtBoY Si)

HID's dont burn out for a long time..ive had my HID kit for over 3 years now (og philips 4300K) and its still great.. 6000K bulbs are not good..but whatever floats your boat.. stock civic housings SUCK for HID..they put out 2 dots of light in front, and even after adjustment, they blind the hell out of traffic..my cousin is getting an H3 kit soon and we're gonna install them on his denji's..should make a big difference..the light pattern with the projectors is great..especially for mountain driving..
Old 06-28-2002, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (MTK Kommander)

WITH HID:
-aftermarket projector: works best beamwise....but i dont like projectors much so id have to settle with whats directly below.
-usdm eg headlight: works good/ok beamwise..
-jdm eg headlight: works shittier beam wise..
Old 06-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (MTK Kommander)

HID's dont burn out for a long time..ive had my HID kit for over 3 years now (og philips 4300K) and its still great.. 6000K bulbs are not good..but whatever floats your boat.. stock civic housings SUCK for HID..they put out 2 dots of light in front, and even after adjustment, they blind the hell out of traffic..my cousin is getting an H3 kit soon and we're gonna install them on his denji's..should make a big difference..the light pattern with the projectors is great..especially for mountain driving..
where is he getting an H3 kit?
Old 06-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (555R)

Anyone know where i can buy just the bulbs to fit that same kit shown on this page. I have the same kit. I just want a diff bulb so I can remove the limiter to brighten up the road. This will help while racing on tracks at night. I'll have the advantage of the original ones with a limiter for daily night driving and without limiters i can use this for track racing.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:27 PM

I posted this in appearance forum but I will put it here also, I couldnt remember where this thread was but anyways..

I was interested about H3 hids for projectors so I emailed http://www.xenondepot.com and they said they carry the H3 kits.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:29 PM
New User

Default Re: EG guys with HID's.. (blueblur)

Enough pics of the box, lets see some pics of the HIDs in action on some EGs!!!

Quick Reply: EG guys with HID's..