Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG front suspension parts interchangeable on an EK?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG front suspension parts interchangeable on an EK?

well i recently got into an accident the other day. i had noticed that the axle was bent and so was the fork. so my question is....can a fork, lower control arm and upper control arm and axle from an EG fit an EK? i have a 2000 em1 si, so i was wondering if those parts are interchangeable? if it is, then ima fix it tmrrw. i would try to find EK parts, but new parts are pretty expensive and the junkyard i live next to has a crap load of EG's but very few EK's, and those cars get partted out really fast. so if someone can help me, that would be great.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG front suspension parts interchangeable on an EK? (em1gangsta)

the UCA and LCA will work, the axle will not work, not sure about fork

bump for more info

P.S. thats shitty, especially when your car is your best friend, lol, my EM1 got hit a month ago and same thing, i had to get UCA, LCA, Spindle, fender, bumper, half shaft, and headlight. i used it as an excuse to a skunk2 camber kit on all 4 corner, and jdm type r fogs

Modified by elektronsi at 7:53 PM 6/1/2008
Old 06-01-2008, 06:05 PM

Default Re: EG front suspension parts interchangeable on an EK? (elektronsi)

yea i know it sux badly. but yea i just upgraded as well. i aslo had to get a new bumper, fender and headlight. so i went to password and got the jdm front end conversion with the jdm ctr headlights and jdm type r lip. but i still need to figure out if thats all thats wrong with the car. when the car was hit, the wheel was moved back about 1 inch, and so i found out the axle was bent. but to what i know of, thats the only thng i know is wrong. i just needed to know what eg parts are interchangeable with ek parts. thanks man. if you happen to find out what other parts are interchangeable, just hit this tread up!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EG front suspension parts interchangeable on an EK? (em1gangsta)

Lower control arm will fit but an EM1 uses a special, stamped steel lower control arm. Sway bar end links mount differently so you really need to get one that matches the other side of the car. If it's an EM1 lower, get another EM1 lower or replace both sides with the cast pieces from an EG/EK and get the appropriate sway bar end links. I'd stick with the EM1 lower though. Upper will NOT. EK uses a through bolt, EG uses a stud to mount the control arm to the body. Shock fork interchanges. As for axles, the EM1 uses an axle with a smaller "cup" so you really should replace with another EM1 axle. If you have put Integra axles in the car with the larger cups, you can simply replace it with another Integra axle making sure to make sure you have a tone ring if you have ABS.

Once again, upper control arm WILL NOT work.

Ryan
Old 06-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG front suspension parts interchangeable on an EK? (RyanA)

my bad, i was previously misinformed