Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

eg front end alignment issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg front end alignment issues.

ok i will tey and give any all info but if i miss some please feel free to ask.

92 eg hatch 3 owners (2nd owner NEVER drove 1 mile i know #2). car was bought at 130k from og owner NEVER bumped or wrecked. so anyway owner #2 tears all down send off to paint, gets it back and lets sit for idk almost a yr. then he offers to me fs so i buy and put together. when i say together i mean down to damn near every nut and bolt and wire stitch in car. so fast forward another yr i finally get tired of looking at the ******* caps on dr ft corner of bumper/hood/headlight. so i feel spunky and try to start aligning it today, but to no avail. i have notched the bumper support bar to move up and down, i have shimmed headlight up still will not close the caps. now it must also be said i am teying to ONLY cure 2 caps. one above headlight and corner of hood were it closes down to bumper.

pics below. ---- do not worry about the lateral fitment in the pics if was loose at the fender bolts on both sides. All the body lines line up GREAT. only the vertical gaps are drivin me nuts.

should also be noted the DR side has the aerocatch latch setup and pass does NOT have pin in, i fig maybe that would help pull down on hood. nope

Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg front end alignment issues.

So......youre trying to move body parts to match a bad hood?

If you push on it does it close the gap?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it sits flush with the bottom of the headlights, it's fine, the hood is aftermarket and thats why it isnt flush. Mine is the same way. Do you have all of them bumper clips under the hood attached?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 PM
The Credible Hulk

What brand hood is it? I'm leaning towards bad/shitty hood as well.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no it does not close up when pushed down on it,

yes all clips, bolts mounting points secured as oem

i personally dont think its a shitty hood, it is an OLD school fiber imagez (spelling maybe wrong). VERY light (about 4lbs) VERY flimsy (meaning moves EASY)
Old 07-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fnix
If it sits flush with the bottom of the headlights, it's fine, the hood is aftermarket and thats why it isnt flush. Mine is the same way.
x2

i have bought 2 extreme gt carbon hood from vis because there were the only place than had them available at the time since they were buying every body kit distributor at the time as i was told from my tuner shop, anyway i first hood line up fine and close nicely but there was about a little more then 1/4 inch of a gap in between both side of the fender and hood i try to center it up but it didn't solve the second one i have now has about a one inch gap in the front and everytime i closed it, it would feel like there something pressing against the hood i thought it was the fiberglass reinforcement so i trim most of it off and yet i still face the same problem. anything aftermarket is not going to fit as well as oem even brand name product that was design for a specific car take a little bit of work to install.

Posted from Honda-tech.com App for Android
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm having the same problem!!!!

Gap under passenger headlight, hood closes tighter on top of passenger head light and there's a gap between the hood and driver headlight.

Tried adjusting but it's still there...
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes..and once again its the same answer..aftermarket hood not same fitment as stock, wtf.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by instrument
yes..and once again its the same answer..aftermarket hood not same fitment as stock, wtf.
Hey thanks smartass.

I have a Seibon CF hood, and it fits almost the same as the one pictured. Not a cheap hood.
I've messed with the front end of my EG quite a bit and got it to look a little better, but I'm just not satisfied...

Kind of wondering if the core support is slightly bent up on the passenger side?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:54 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did it line up correctly before you installed the CF hood, and now it doesn't? Then guess what, it's the hood.