Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Eg EX Cluster Swap into 95 CX-Cruise Control Flashes Periodically?Shift Light or Other?Searched...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg EX Cluster Swap into 95 CX-Cruise Control Flashes Periodically?Shift Light or Other?Searched...

Whatsup everybody...For the record, I searched and found nothing...Got 1 thread w/ the same problem but it had no replies...

...I recently put a EG EX manual cluster into my 95 CX hatch that is also manual...

...Obviously it just clips right in...Everything works on the new cluster(including rpm gauge) as it did on the old one, speedo, gas, h/c...Only thing is, while driving, often in the 2-3k rpm area, the cruist control light flashes on and off periodically...
...Why is that?...
If i had to guess, is it another means of a shift light? like my stock cx cluster had on the top right side?( the little green light up arrow on CX's)...Is it the ex's way of signaling shift since my wiring is meant for a cx cluster?...Or is it because something is malfunctioning?...
It's not the end of the world if I have to deal w/ the cruise control light, it doesnt really bother me, but Im curious as to why it periodically flashes...And if i decide i want to stop it from flashing, what are my options? cut the wire in the back of the cluster running for the CC light?...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg EX Cluster Swap into 95 CX-Cruise Control Flashes Periodically?Shift Light or Other?Searched.

I dont know but from thinking about it, if your running the cx ecu its making it the new shift light? Idk you could try switching ecu w/ your buddy or something

-eg mike
Old 04-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's just the CX ecu telling you to shift. I have a VX all stock, but the previous owner put an Si cluster in there. CX and VX never came with cruise and that is the light that Honda used for a shift light. you'll be fine, just get used to the light flashing.