Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

eg? or ej? axel help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg? or ej? axel help

well I'll leave my 1st post alone....anyways axels I want to upgrade to a trusted brand of axel nothing major in horse power just stock for now ...but anyways reason why is I own two civic EG , is it EG for the coupe too or EJ??? anwyas I own two coupe don't ask why I own two I just do ..anways the 93 coupe axel freaken broke on me soon as I got off the highway! freaken could've die!! anyways that's why I want to upgrade my 95 coupe's axel any good/trusted axels out there? how about them unbreakable axel "moore performace axel" or whatever I wanted those but don't know the price and whom to get it from...tried the damn site but end up with nothing..so help is needed...well any one with some info. for me will help...thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just use stock replacement axles, if you break another one then you have a problem that needs to be taken care of. if you dont plan on running slicks and dumping the clutch at 4k rpm theres no reason to spend $500 on upgraded axles.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg? or ej? axel help (JDMegCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well I'll leave my 1st post alone....anyways axels I want to upgrade to a trusted brand of axel nothing major in horse power just stock for now ...but anyways reason why is I own two civic EG , is it EG for the coupe too or EJ??? anwyas I own two coupe don't ask why I own two I just do ..anways the 93 coupe axel freaken broke on me soon as I got off the highway! freaken could've die!! anyways that's why I want to upgrade my 95 coupe's axel any good/trusted axels out there? how about them unbreakable axel "moore performace axel" or whatever I wanted those but don't know the price and whom to get it from...tried the damn site but end up with nothing..so help is needed...well any one with some info. for me will help...thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

92-95 Hatchback = EG
92-95 Coupe = EJ(1)

All 92-95 Hatch/Coupe axles are the same. There is no such thing as an unbreakable axle, they all break in time. Get stock axles they are plenty good anything else is a waste of money for you.

Also, make sure your alignment/camber is correct and balljoints are good as that will increase axle wear.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg? or ej? axel help (aallbbeerrtttttt)

yessssss
Old 03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: eg? or ej? axel help (turbotime)

i use kragen axle. been doing me fine. i launch on the track at 8k. i broke only 1 axle last year. if you are busting axles, you might have a bad suspension. upgrade to a better suspension set-up
Old 03-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg? or ej? axel help (aallbbeerrtttttt)

Well I heard of the unbreakable axels from honda tunning magazine....made by "moore performance" anyways that's that...replace it with stock axels? Well was thinkng that but don't want no breakage any time soon I mean will break at a point of time but I need something a little stronger than the stock axel becasue why waste money if it's going to break like the same axel rather spend $500 for strongers axels than stock in first place then to spend couple what $300 on stock axel replacement every time if it breaks pretty often if that was the case as in some of the post people have been saying in lots of axel breakage....thanks though...kinda have some way of going to what I should do...

so can I call the coupe EG too then or EJ???Which one can I sport..say like my member id "JDMegCoupe"????am I correct to say that or should it have been "JDMejCoupe"??? Otherwise then why is most product are classified for EG hatch/coupe?????????? and not EG/EJ instead? Anyways thanks....
Old 03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg? or ej? axel help (fmrprojects)

well suspension is still stock working buying some but so many can't decided was thinking about them Koni? any good? or Tikco? so yeah..but just want something stronger then the stock ones....thanks anyways.....
Old 03-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg? or ej? axel help (JDMegCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I heard of the unbreakable axels from honda tunning magazine....made by "moore performance" anyways that's that...replace it with stock axels? Well was thinkng that but don't want no breakage any time soon I mean will break at a point of time but I need something a little stronger than the stock axel becasue why waste money if it's going to break like the same axel rather spend $500 for strongers axels than stock in first place then to spend couple what $300 on stock axel replacement every time if it breaks pretty often if that was the case as in some of the post people have been saying in lots of axel breakage....thanks though...kinda have some way of going to what I should do...

so can I call the coupe EG too then or EJ???Which one can I sport..say like my member id "JDMegCoupe"????am I correct to say that or should it have been "JDMejCoupe"??? Otherwise then why is most product are classified for EG hatch/coupe?????????? and not EG/EJ instead? Anyways thanks....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where on earth do you find stock axles for $300 a piece? Go to advance auto, its like $90 per axle. Get stock axles man, getting aftermarket axles is just stupid for your situation. Stock axles will last 200,000 miles or more! paying 500 for aftermarket is not very smart imho in ur case.

EG is what everyone calls the 92-95 body style but technically the coupe is EJ. You can use eg coupe or ej. ITs not a law or anything just call it whetver you want

I got an EJ1... errr EG Coupe too