Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG DIN storage box? Is this for real?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG DIN storage box? Is this for real?

Sounds interesting but I have not heard of this before. Anyone confirm the existence of these things? Is it a real Honda product?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWD1V

Modified by 4EN[sic] at 6:13 AM 9/3/2007

Modified by 4EN[sic] at 6:16 AM 9/3/2007

Modified by 4EN[sic] at 6:17 AM 9/3/2007

Modified by 4EN[sic] at 6:17 AM 9/3/2007
Old 09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG DIN storage box? Is this for real? (4EN[sic])

bump
Old 09-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep authentic jdm. its got the tinted see thru door on the front, its pretty rare to find one that isnt scratched up.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And the sad part is some dumb ricer will actually pay the $78 buy it now for that thing...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And the sad part is some dumb ricer will actually pay the $78 buy it now for that thing...</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true.

Very expensive DIN pocket, just because it has a flap.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

A ricer striving to not be a ricer buys a rare jdm trinket: 78 Dollars plus shipping
A ricer installing said trinket in the head rest of his CivTegRa: Priceless!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: EG DIN storage box? Is this for real? (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is true.

Very expensive DIN pocket, just because it has a flap.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Correction... not expensive because it has a flap. Expensive because it's rare.

If it's what you really want and you're willing to pay the cash for it... what's the big deal? I'm sure Syndacate would buy some stupid **** for much more than I'd ever pay too.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG DIN storage box? Is this for real? (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Correction... not expensive because it has a flap. Expensive because it's rare.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's rare because of the flap. I mean, it's a normal DIN pocket, but with a flap.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's rare because of the flap. I mean, it's a normal DIN pocket, but with a flap.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Unless it's exactly the same as the normal DIN (no mount holes, etc) when you remove the flap, it's not rare because of the flap. It's a different part and it's just not as common.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Unless it's exactly the same as the normal DIN (no mount holes, etc) when you remove the flap, it's not rare because of the flap. It's a different part and it's just not as common.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand it's a different part number, but all it adds over a regular DIN pocket is the flap. It has the same dimensions and radio bracket mounting holes as the regular DIN pocket.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And the sad part is some dumb ricer will actually pay the $78 buy it now for that thing...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like this thing...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...10001
why the hell would somebody pay for that?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I understand it's a different part number, but all it adds over a regular DIN pocket is the flap. It has the same dimensions and radio bracket mounting holes as the regular DIN pocket.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, duh. It's not like you could easily convert the flap-less one to this though (even if you did, it'd still be a replica).

I don't see what the big deal is if someone really wants it though.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, duh. It's not like you could easily convert the flap-less one to this though (even if you did, it'd still be a replica).

I don't see what the big deal is if someone really wants it though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

'Cause these ricers infest our lives with this bullshit and make Honda owners as a whole look bad.

Tell some Chevy guy that you paid 78 bucks for a DIN pocket and you'll get three (3) responses.

A) What the **** is a din pocket?
B) Why did you pay 78 dollars for it?
C) Some sort of general diss such as "ricer ******."

And the sad part is - nobody's gonna notice this **** 'cept other ricers . A JDM Din pocket with the lil gay flap will NOT net the women.

So in the end it's a boy trying to impress boy game...which is kinda scary to me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Like this thing...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...10001
why the hell would somebody pay for that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

See above post .

On a more personal note: A kid that goes here to RIT has a 5th generation civic and he has a JDM grounding strip - needless to say I've felt like taking a baseball bat to this guy's car many times.

So I'm driving along last Saturday? and he comes up next to me, starts trying to expletive with me, the typical ricer bullshit, and I ignore him and eventually he gets the point and moves on...then a cop car comes by and puts his lights on.

So I get back about 30 minutes later and he pulls into the same parking lot as me - and as I expected, he was a wigger looking mother ****** with the front seatback in the back seat, bass too deep for the rest of his speakers, and a stock LX with a fart tip - peachy. I asked him what he got pinched for.

IMPROPER MUFFLER MOUNT/ATTACHMENT!!

And yes, he showed me the ticket. Now that made my ******* night, lemme tell ya.

Ahhhahahhahahahaha - ******* ricer JDM bastards...ahahaha...
Old 09-03-2007, 05:59 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: EG DIN storage box? Is this for real? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">'Cause these ricers infest our lives with this bullshit and make Honda owners as a whole look bad.

Tell some Chevy guy that you paid 78 bucks for a DIN pocket and you'll get three (3) responses.

A) What the **** is a din pocket?
B) Why did you pay 78 dollars for it?
C) Some sort of general diss such as "ricer ******."

And the sad part is - nobody's gonna notice this **** 'cept other ricers . A JDM Din pocket with the lil gay flap will NOT net the women.

So in the end it's a boy trying to impress boy game...which is kinda scary to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm glad we're out there talking to the ******** who would put us down for being ricers simply by owning a stock Honda, much less modifying one.

Seriously... WHO THE expletive CARES? And why should we be building cars to "net women" or impress anyone? If I think, "Damn, I wish that had a lid on there so when I'm driving my Chapstick doesn't roll out...", why should I not get that DIN pocket?

Hell, go to those Chevy guys and I'm betting 99% can't explain VTEC either. Same goes for Honda enthusiasts. Because the Chevy guy might tease us, we should all get rid of VTEC, well, in fact, our Hondas all together.. because of the other peopel driving Hondas who can't explain VTEC, we should just confiscate their cars. "Sorry Mom, you can't explain to me how your Audi works. Here's a nice bicycle. That's easy to understand."

Yes, I really think we should base our likes and purchases strictly on some hill billy gay bashers.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See above post .

On a more personal note: A kid that goes here to RIT has a 5th generation civic and he has a JDM grounding strip - needless to say I've felt like taking a baseball bat to this guy's car many times.

So I'm driving along last Saturday? and he comes up next to me, starts trying to expletive with me, the typical ricer bullshit, and I ignore him and eventually he gets the point and moves on...then a cop car comes by and puts his lights on.

So I get back about 30 minutes later and he pulls into the same parking lot as me - and as I expected, he was a wigger looking mother ****** with the front seatback in the back seat, bass too deep for the rest of his speakers, and a stock LX with a fart tip - peachy. I asked him what he got pinched for.

IMPROPER MUFFLER MOUNT/ATTACHMENT!!

And yes, he showed me the ticket. Now that made my ******* night, lemme tell ya.

Ahhhahahhahahahaha - ******* ricer JDM bastards...ahahaha...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Who the hell cares what his likes and dislikes for his car are. The real problem would be he's an assbag.

And what the hell is a JDM grounding strip? I hope you don't mean those things that hang off of cars to touch the ground, because tons of grandparents throughout the US are guilty of JDM bling on their Cadillacs.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:08 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why are you so angry and violent against people who have different tastes than you?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've felt like taking a baseball bat to this guy's car many times.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">******* ricer JDM bastards</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some sort of general diss such as "ricer ******."</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A JDM Din pocket with the lil gay flap will NOT net the women.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seriously, leave it be. You apparently don't like Hondas, Honda owners, JDM parts, EDM parts, USDM parts, stock parts, aftermarket parts .... basically you hate the scene as a whole.

So you know what -- leave.

Leave the site, leave the scene, sell your Civic, and just leave everyone alone. Nobody is here to meet your standards or tastes, because you've shown time and time again that you dislike everything that anyone does.

So just ******* go away.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:11 PM
MiG-21 superfan

syndacate, chill out dude. it's probably the best bet because all of this is going nowhere.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: EG DIN storage box? Is this for real? (builthatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by builthatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">syndacate, chill out dude. it's probably the best bet because all of this is going nowhere.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ch3a.

Somebody had a lil too much haterade after their workout.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Seriously, leave it be. You apparently don't like Hondas, Honda owners, JDM parts, EDM parts, USDM parts, stock parts, aftermarket parts .... basically you hate the scene as a whole.

So you know what -- leave.

Leave the site, leave the scene, sell your Civic, and just leave everyone alone. Nobody is here to meet your standards or tastes, because you've shown time and time again that you dislike everything that anyone does.

So just ******* go away.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a load of bullshit that you just made up right now.

I like a lot of things about civics - what I don't like is useless aesthetic bullshit that makes the rest of the non-Honda owners that don't already hate Hondas - HATE HONDAS.

Your claim is like ~80% falsified. Tons of **** on here is at or past my standards - this guy is not one of them.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:29 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's a load of bullshit that you just made up right now.

I like a lot of things about civics - what I don't like is useless aesthetic bullshit that makes the rest of the non-Honda owners that don't already hate Hondas - HATE HONDAS.

Your claim is like ~80% falsified. Tons of **** on here is at or past my standards - this guy is not one of them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Wait... you can't fathom this piece as being anything but being bought for looks...

Wow.

And WHO CARES WHO HATES HONDAS? I don't care if some jackass in a Ford wants to come up to me and tell me my stock Civic, hubcaps and all, is rice simply because it was "made in Japan" (lolz).

A lot of people loathe black cars because they almost always look like **** after a few years. Does that mean you should repaint your car to another color since so many people dislike black cars?

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="red">NO ONE BUY THIS DIN POCKET BECAUSE SYNDACATE, ALONG WITH SOME OTHER PEOPLE, WILL THINK YOU'RE A RICER.</FONT></FONT>
We don't want to be teased by the Ford, Chevy and Dodge guys, right? Not buying his DIN pocket or modifying your car with JDM parts will change it all!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's a load of bullshit that you just made up right now.

Your claim is like ~80% falsified. Tons of **** on here is at or past my standards - this guy is not one of them.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It has a lid ... and you think that makes it more "aesthetically" pleasing? It has a function, and happens to be a rare part. Win-win for the person who wants one. It looks good, it functions better than the stock piece ....

Who the HELL are you to judge someone for wanting a part? Every time I see someone post about a parking pole, or rear foglight, or DIN pocket, or JDM navigation or whatever .... you come in and hate like it's going out of style.

I want to make something very very very very very clear:

It's not your ******* car, it's not your ******* money, it's not your place to say <u>anything</u>.

All those parts have a function beyond looking cool, and who ******* cares if they get used to their fullest? It's not your job to protect people from buying parts you don't like.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

Wait... you can't fathom this piece as being anything but being bought for looks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow.

For 78 dollars? No.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And WHO CARES WHO HATES HONDAS? I don't care if some jackass in a Ford wants to come up to me and tell me my stock Civic, hubcaps and all, is rice simply because it was "made in Japan" (lolz).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Half of fords early car motors in the mid/early 90's were made by Mazda - Ford owners don't really have a right to talk.

It's not a matter of a domesitc owner coming up to me and liking or disliking my car. It's a matter of Hondas being hated enough - without the encouragement of stuff like this.

Maybe this **** don't happen out west, I don't know, but here, there's people that will HATE YOU because you own a Honda. 78 dollar tinted window multi-use din slots don't exactly help that.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:36 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe this **** don't happen out west, I don't know, but here, there's people that will HATE YOU because you own a Honda. 78 dollar tinted window multi-use din slots don't exactly help that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WHO ******* CARES?

Seriously, who cares what people think of you? Are you that shallow and insecure?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It has a lid ... and you think that makes it more "aesthetically" pleasing? It has a function, and happens to be a rare part. Win-win for the person who wants one. It looks good, it functions better than the stock piece ....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're trying to tell me that the person selling that is selling it because he doesn't have the need for one with a lid anymore...and that the person who buys it is buying it because he wants one with a lid for ergonomical value?

The guy's selling it because it's "omg super rare JDM" and the guy's buying it because it's "omg super rare JDM."

Its purpose was lost when it was shipped to the US.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WHO ******* CARES?

Seriously, who cares what people think of you? Are you that shallow and insecure?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I generally don't care, but I rather people not hate me because a group of other peopes' poor aesthetic decisions.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Half of fords early car motors in the mid/early 90's were made by Mazda - Ford owners don't really have a right to talk.</TD></TR></TABLE>
But their still not Hondas, the riciest of all.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not a matter of a domesitc owner coming up to me and liking or disliking my car. It's a matter of Hondas being hated enough - without the encouragement of stuff like this.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Who cares really? I can't remember the last time anyone I know who drives a domestic pointed out how much they hate JDM parts. If you want to **** off a domestic guy, put a body kit on and rev your stock 1.5L at him.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe this **** don't happen out west, I don't know, but here, there's people that will HATE YOU because you own a Honda. 78 dollar tinted window multi-use din slots don't exactly help that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, it does. And I'm from the east coast.

People are generally the same everywhere.

Again, who cares who doesn't like your car or the parts on your car? I'm sure a lot of people don't like you, but you're not changing.

Quick Reply: EG DIN storage box? Is this for real?