Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

eg b series automatic

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg b series automatic

i am working on a 95 civic factory automatic car. i have swapped in a ls out of a 91 da with matching auto tranny. i have read tons of threads and have searched for a week or so looking for info on wiring the tranny up but have failed. i know i know i know .... swap a manual... but the guy im building the car for has only a right leg. so thats out, ive pm'd people on here where i read they have built or could build harness for this cituation with no replys. i know im the new guy but a little help and information would help alot. i would pay for the information or pay someone to build me a harness. . . eaither way ... thanks in advance for not tareing me apart for doing an auto swap... lol
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg b series automatic

bump
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/16

you can pick it up at your local autozone, assuming you're in the States. It has detailed wiring schematics for your transmission and motor, unless someone who knows this motor can give you more information.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

best thing to do would be to get a 94-95 integra auto trans and motor with harness and put that in with the 94-95 ecu from there i dont see why it would not just be a plug and play. also integra have the worst auto trans he would have been better of with a sohc turbo with the auto trans
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran into this problem back in the day when i had an auto del sol s and swapped a auto ls motor in. The car wouldnt shift and i was told that the integra auto has a tranny computer. If i remember it is on the driver side behind the fuze box area. You migh have to get the entire dash harness.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes.. there is a transmission control module on the driver side firewall onder the dash. i dread sitting down and going trough all the schematics and doing this. i am very busy troughout the day and have minimal time to do this but i believe that i will have to suck it up and do it seeing how no one that has done this is chimeing in... thank yall for acknoledging me atleast lol. i may try to hold out another day or so and see what pops up and then by the weekend ill just have to suck it up and give it a shot...
Old 01-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not too familiar with da integras, but you should easily be able to find a dc dash harness and computer at a junk yard.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just did an ebay search for integra automatic dash harness and found 3 for around $40.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

with the plethra of knoledge on here do you guys think that the dash harness will work with the heater controls and such? and im ok with doing the dash harness swap
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I haven't got a copy of mitchell on this computer and i'm about 100 miles away from the one I have access to that does so I can't double check anything. That said, get a '92 - '93 Integra tranny, distributor, injectors (you can reuse the civic ones if you still have them) and ECU (and TCU if they have one). If there isn't a TCU the wiring wont be that bad, if it is there will be some wires to work. '90 - '91 ECU is OBD0 and is going to cause you a lot of headaches. Really a whole '92 - '93 swap would have been better, '90 - '91 Integras are only 130hp
Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not certain, but don't the older integras have 240cc injectors? Honda didn't use a proper 4 amp, 1 amp peak and hold injector driver for their peak and hold injectors...that's why the ones that used them used a resistor box. At least in theory, if you can run a newer car with peak and holds by adding the resistor box, you should be able to run an older car on saturated injectors by eliminating it.

The dash harness plugs into the chassis harness on the 1992-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra. I have no idea if this would work, but could the civic dash harness plug into the integra under dash harness to have the wiring for the TCU but keep the plugs for the Civic cluster? Possible issues I see are the harness not hooking up to everything the Civic chassis has. The 92-95 civic under dash harness hooks to the ecu, runs along the firewall behind the dash mat, over to the fuse box and hooks up to a couple large connectors that go to a harness that goes through the other side of the car through the firewall and plugs into the other side of the engine harness. The under dash harness also runs through the firewall and connects to the under hood fuse box and wraps up to hook to the horn and passenger headlight.

I replaced the "under dash" harness in my 1993 LX sedan, and it was a pain.

I was under the impression that the EG couldn't have a B series auto trans. I thought it wasn't supposed to fit.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NotAJDMFanBoy
I'm not certain, but don't the older integras have 240cc injectors?
Yes, so do the '92 - '95 Civics (except CX/VX, seeing as how this is an original automatic car it had to be either D15B7 or D16Z6 powered)

The dash harness plugs into the chassis harness on the 1992-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra. I have no idea if this would work, but could the civic dash harness plug into the integra under dash harness to have the wiring for the TCU but keep the plugs for the Civic cluster?
Don't think so.

I was under the impression that the EG couldn't have a B series auto trans. I thought it wasn't supposed to fit.
It wont clear at all in an EK, with some gental massaging (IE beating the **** out of the passenger's side frame rail with a hammer) it's supposed to fit in an EG (if you use a B16A M24A auto tranny I believe they just clear with no modifications. The hardest part about this swap is the wiring and fabbing up custom mounts, There is a guy on here that dropped a '94 - '95 auto LS swap into a '93 - '95 Coupe, xero xero I believe it was. He could probably clear up some stuff.

Last edited by 94EG8; 01-18-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the 91 auto tranny went without hitch no beating no massaging ... i made the mount for the passanger side rail the motor is level and straight.... i have the 91 tcm and the schematics so ima give it a shot today and see what happens
Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

update... car is running and shifting gears... but i do believe if u do a 90 to 93 integra tranny ull also need the shifter because of the extra gear on the console that the civic has!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

had to change the shifter i used the same cable but there was modifing i had to do to the shifter its self under the console so it appears stock but everything works without hitch.. if any1 has any questions to do this ill be happy to take care of them if i can help
Old 01-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Nice work man, I know the wiring was a bitch but you got it working.