Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EFI engine tuning: how do i calibrate the engine to fill in all parts of the fuel table??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI engine tuning: how do i calibrate the engine to fill in all parts of the fuel table??

Hey, Ive got a yamaha FZ6 (600cc) engine an a Performance Electronics stand alone computer hooked up. Assuming that EFI tuning is all done the same way, what are the steps for filling in the fuel table values?
when you open up the throttle litle by little, the rpm does also, which the computer takes the values in a upwards diagonal across the table. how do you tune the other parts of the table, like 100% throttle at 1k-6k rpm and 0% at 5k-12k rpm?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Re: EFI engine tuning: how do i calibrate the engine to fill in all parts of the fuel table?? (duh b

the engine is setup on an engine dyno, and i have a wideband O2 sensor hooked up. i cant really put load on it cause i cant get it to rev yet since the tables are blank. where should i start, what should i do?
i was thinking about slowly reving and seeing how it reacts and adjusting the fuel mixture (only filling in a shallow diagonal on the table), but then if i floor the engine, it wil probably keel.

how would i start putting in values at just say 100% at 0rpm to get started on the dyno? is there some sort of correlation on the tables?

thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 05:47 PM

I've never read about tuning on an engine dyno, so I'd just say to wait to tune it until you can put a load on it and vary the loads/rpms all you need without having to put too much thought into it.