Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EF Full core Radiator into 99-00 EK?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EF Full core Radiator into 99-00 EK?

Sup folks,
Should be a simple enough question to find answers for, but all my search results lead me to a page stating that my keywords are too general... uhhh... Anyways, my question is like the title states.

I came up on a 90' EF Hatch Full-Core radiator, which I have for sale btw in N. California, and I was trying to find out if there was a way to fit this into a 99-00 Honda Civic Si.

Thanks folks, please don't flame me for the buggy search function or my lack of knowledge for any other keywords I can use..

-Jon
Old 03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: EF Full core Radiator into 99-00 EK?

Originally Posted by rockHard
I came up on a 90' EF Hatch Full-Core radiator, which I have for sale btw in N. California, and I was trying to find out if there was a way to fit this into a 99-00 Honda Civic Si.
Probably, but I don't know why you would bother. The civic rad cools just fine, hell a stock D-series rad will cool a B-series swap just fine. For the effort in fabbing up some brackets and loosing A/C if you have it I wouldn't bother, if you need something cools better check out a half size aftermarket aluminum performance rad.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
Probably, but I don't know why you would bother. The civic rad cools just fine, hell a stock D-series rad will cool a B-series swap just fine. For the effort in fabbing up some brackets and loosing A/C if you have it I wouldn't bother, if you need something cools better check out a half size aftermarket aluminum performance rad.
Yeah, I know my stock radiator works perfectly fine. I just threw up the question cause I have an EF full core radiator in my hands and I wanted to see if I can make use of it. As for my AC.. it's already pulled.. I fell in love with the RED headers seen after a race at night. Anyways, what you are saying is that there are mounting brackets that I can place into my ek's radiator support to make the fitment? How about rad. hoses are they the same size?

Thanks for the response.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rockHard
Yeah, I know my stock radiator works perfectly fine. I just threw up the question cause I have an EF full core radiator in my hands and I wanted to see if I can make use of it. As for my AC.. it's already pulled.. I fell in love with the RED headers seen after a race at night. Anyways, what you are saying is that there are mounting brackets that I can place into my ek's radiator support to make the fitment? How about rad. hoses are they the same size?

Thanks for the response.
The inlets on the rad should be smaller than the ones on the stock Si rad. As for brackets you'll have to come up with something on your own. One of the H-T mods, B18C5-EH2 has been running a full size integra rad in his '92 hatch for years, and and I can see a bracket on it, so far as I know he had to make a bracket for it. Again though just because you have something available doesn't mean you should use it, rememeber idle hands are the ricers playground.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
rememeber idle hands are the ricers playground.
Haha, I like that. I'm cool off the riced out crap. Stock as possible and trying to keep low key as possible is the route I take. Don't let my preference on the look of heated headers throw you off though.

Peace man, thanks for the info.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why??? Honda figured out that the small radiator is more than efficient enough.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SOHCinWA
Why??? Honda figured out that the small radiator is more than efficient enough.
Yeah, I just figured I might as well use it since I don't have AC, I'm not saying anything is wrong with my stock one. Anyways, this thread was cleared up for me already.

Mods, feel free to please close this thread.

Thanks
-Jon