Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EDM vs JDM vs USDM, help us out please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:10 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EDM vs JDM vs USDM, help us out please!

I was hoping to start a sticky thread here that could be used as a reference for people looking to compare USDM to JDM and EDM, so post up stuff thats different, like colors, motors, lighting, etc.

My real question behind this is this- does Europe or any other Left Hand Drive nation have a civic (EG/EJ) with the Power Fold mirror option? My JDM units are great but I can't use the US drivers side mirror for much, and I even switched out the JDM convex mirror for the USDM flat mirror. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
B
Old 06-18-2006, 06:59 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: EDM vs JDM vs USDM, help us out please! (99CivicSiBrian)

No help?

Well here's another question- what is the button marked 'HALF' that I see in some center consoles?
B
Old 06-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only part that I know that was only offered in Europe was the rear foglight. Now on EG6's it's built into the rear inner tail light:

And then the actual rear foglight that's on the bumper found on EKs, I can't find any pictures of it. But it's pretty slick.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:36 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: EDM vs JDM vs USDM, help us out please! (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only part that I know that was only offered in Europe was the rear foglight. Now on EG6's it's built into the rear inner tail light:

And then the actual rear foglight that's on the bumper found on EKs, I can't find any pictures of it. But it's pretty slick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it's like that on CRX's also. I have a pic around here somewhere. . .
B
Old 06-18-2006, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99CivicSiBrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think it's like that on CRX's also. I have a pic around here somewhere. . .
B</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe the CRXs/EFs have the dual rear foglight. S2000 has them dead in the center, while EKs have them on the passenger side (our driver side).
Old 06-18-2006, 07:39 PM
B A N N E D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe the CRXs/EFs have the dual rear foglight. S2000 has them dead in the center, while EKs have them on the passenger side (our driver side).</TD></TR></TABLE>

CRX does have a dual and S2k does have it dual center. I saw both in Italy.

But not all Europe drives on right hand side, just the islands of GB. I'm trying to get my hands on some mainland Europe LHD power fold mirrors.
B
Old 06-18-2006, 07:48 PM

Ahh, found one with an EK:

Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 PM
B A N N E D

Hmmm. . . that looks alot like the ones that come on DC2's. I thought EK had a more squared shape. Cool anyway I suppose.
B
Old 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99CivicSiBrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm. . . that looks alot like the ones that come on DC2's. I thought EK had a more squared shape. Cool anyway I suppose.
B</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think they all look the same across the EKs and the DCs. Regardless I can't wait to get mine.

Here it is on an ITR:

Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright, before anyone keeps on spreading bad information. I will tell you guys that the Rear fog on the EK is inside the taillight also,l not on the rear bumper.

Get your facts straight.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Col
Honda-Tech Member

uk ek's have fog lights in the rear light clusters, not in the bumper
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Col)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Col &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uk ek's have fog lights in the rear light clusters, not in the bumper</TD></TR></TABLE>

second that
Old 06-24-2006, 07:52 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

Ok, now what about side mirrors?
B
Old 06-24-2006, 07:58 PM
NASIOC.com

Default Re: (99CivicSiBrian)

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

that might help to...
Old 06-24-2006, 09:07 PM

You know someone a year ago might have mentioned it in a thread so i should tell you to go search, instead of just saying I dont know. but Im going to say, maybe you can just remove the glass from each one and swap them, I think its plastic and snaps in, and you might be lucky and do this but it might be the right shape. just a thought.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99CivicSiBrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well here's another question- what is the button marked 'HALF' that I see in some center consoles?
B</TD></TR></TABLE>

that 'HALF' button was for power antennas and turned the antenna half way down for mAd VtEc speeds y0!
Old 06-25-2006, 02:23 AM

Default Re: (Col)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Col &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uk ek's have fog lights in the rear light clusters, not in the bumper</TD></TR></TABLE>

As well as the main land Europe.

Nice hatch in your avatar, i hoped to get a yellow one but it was nearly impossible. So i got the vouge silver metallic color.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99CivicSiBrian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99CivicSiBrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, now what about side mirrors?
B</TD></TR></TABLE>
no folding mirrors on edm models
Old 06-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (edmsol)

as for the mirrors just get the glass from the dealer or aftermarket store, you know the glass just has adhesive on the back, so you get some new glass and you can see out of them better

thats what i did, i used to work at autozone and just bought the new glass and stuck it on
Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (built562)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by built562 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as for the mirrors just get the glass from the dealer or aftermarket store, you know the glass just has adhesive on the back, so you get some new glass and you can see out of them better

thats what i did, i used to work at autozone and just bought the new glass and stuck it on</TD></TR></TABLE>

I switched glass from the USDM unit (which had the mirrir houseing broken off the base) into the JDM unit. The reflection is proper, but even with the mirror adjusted all the way out, I can only see the side of my car and behind me, but none of the left lane unless I lean waaay to the pass side.
Anyone know if any screws on the bottom control how far out the mirror folds? If it folded out another 10 degrees I'd be cool.
B
Old 06-26-2006, 05:36 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (Kevinarich)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kevinarich &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know someone a year ago might have mentioned it in a thread so i should tell you to go search, instead of just saying I dont know. but Im going to say, maybe you can just remove the glass from each one and swap them, I think its plastic and snaps in, and you might be lucky and do this but it might be the right shape. just a thought.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did a 'How-To' on how to switch the mirror out so it's not convex, but I haven't figured out how to make the angles work. Grrr.
B