Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Edelbrock Performer X Turbo kit

Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Performer X Turbo kit

Ok so I bought a civic, and now I wanna turbo it. I did a quick search and didnt see anything about this kit. I was basically wondering if anyone had heard anything about it? Also I was wondering how the stock ECU worked with it or should I just break down and get a piggy-back system? And could an OEM clutch handle the beating of an extra 65 hp? Thats not all, I checked ebay and everywhere else and I think jegs is the cheapest place to get it am I right?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe damn thing Comes with a piggyback already.. Learn how to use the Search button.. and learn how to use GOOGLE!!!!

Honda-Tech.com » Search » 89 topics found

» Search Results

Your search for Edelbrock turbo returned 89 results.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=892509

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=332210

Engineered by Edelbrock, the Performer X Turbo kit #1500 is complete, street legal and easy to install. The included piggyback control unit means no additional tuning required when used on otherwise stock engines. The Garrett T28 comes pre-assembled as one unit with a Ni-resist cast exhaust manifold and elbow, inlet oil and water lines for the simplest possible installation. The Garrett ball bearing turbo spools up fast and blows big air, but we’ve wastegated it down to 6-7 psi to work with pump gas and still make over 60% more power than stock. The Edelbrock exhaust manifold and elbow are designed for maximum flow at high velocity for quicker turbo spool-up. For a street price around $3,500 you get everything you need to make 176 whp and 147 ft-lbs torque… more performance than most B-series engine swaps. Kit #1500 is 50-state street legal (E.O. #D-215-59), legal status pending on others. See what turbo kits include.

******* do some damn research... IM getting pretty pissed off about this **** tonight all these damn post.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
******* do some damn research... IM getting pretty pissed off about this **** tonight all these damn post.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea its getting reeeeeeeeal old...but you have to think for someone w/ 2 post they have jus found this site and registered to post the question...
Old 11-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm werid that my search results are different from yours. I typed in Edelbrock and got everything about he intake manifold. I even used the search button correctly. I also did some went to jegs, and another online shop and they said nothing about a piggy-back ecu but thanks for the info, now how about that clutch?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:31 PM

Hmm edelbrock makes more products than a turbo kit and intake manifolds..

I searched- Edelbrock Turbo

And why did you not think to check out Edelbrocks website for the official details
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guess it was stupid of me to think that jegs would have all the details on the product that they sell. I know edelbrock makes other parts than trubos.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:39 PM

just a tip.. when researching a companies product go to that companies website for all the details
Old 11-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also, when you search, check archived topics as well as recent, that makes a big difference

i honestly don't know if that kit is worth the money. it has some nice parts, but the greddy kit is almost the same improvement for less money, and easier to install(based on the fact that there's fewer parts)
Old 11-26-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: (TekSI)

i've been looking at this kit too......everyone says no good cause of pre-made, can't adjust boost..blah blah blah.........bottem line is its the ****...COMPLETE kit (intercooler, intake manifold, all lines will fit, etc.)....and the big winner...... you can use it everyday and its reliable

do all your reading here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=544653
Old 11-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (TekSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TekSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i honestly don't know if that kit is worth the money. it has some nice parts, but the greddy kit is almost the same improvement for less money, and easier to install(based on the fact that there's fewer parts)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't even put Greddy and Edelbrock in the same sentence. Have you used either? The Greddy is dogshit by comparison. You're better off putting something together out of junkyard parts and custom tubing. It's not even water cooled. It's made to be as cheap as possible and still be legitimately considered turbo.

The Edelbrock is a reliable, complete kit. COMPLETE. I wont go into details. It's all on their site.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Don't even put Greddy and Edelbrock in the same sentence. Have you used either? The Greddy is dogshit by comparison. You're better off putting something together out of junkyard parts and custom tubing. It's not even water cooled. It's made to be as cheap as possible and still be legitimately considered turbo.

The Edelbrock is a reliable, complete kit. COMPLETE. I wont go into details. It's all on their site.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I so ******* sick of reading bullshit comments on this site it makes me sick HOW the expletive can you say the greddy turbo kit is ****, you sir are 1 of the most uneducated people on this site, WHAT evidence or proof or ANY knowledge you have at all to say the greddy turbo kit are ****, because its not water cooled hahahaha!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: (sicones)

^^^ Becasue the Greddy base level turbo system isn't intercooled at all. Or at least the ENTRY level system wasn't the last time I checked.

Besides, look at the "huge" power gains they made with their RX-8 system. The Edelbrok turbo kit for the D series motors has gotten nothing but great reviews from what I've seen.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (sicones)

Actually I worked at a dyno shop and I worked with both Greddy and Edelbrock. What experience do you have? Oh yeah you bought or want to buy a Greddy kit? Good job.

Just look through their specs online that's all you need. Well, as long as you have some knowledge/experience with turbos.

"uneducated" was a funny comment though. Keep them coming.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:51 AM

lol please do research before asking questions
Old 11-27-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: (white92eg9)

Research my left nut....all you have to do is look at a freaking picture of the Greddy system to see that is is cheaply made.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xEnderx)

Damn you guys need to freakin chill so he didn't search. Sometimes I search and find stuff sometimes I don't. This isn't exactly the best search engine ever. But it's just nice to get everyones opinion. And sometimes you can't find the info you want on company sites. All of them are going to say they're the best blah blah. And say they have the best gains etc.

I wouldn't say greddy is crap tho. I've known plent of people that had them and some people had problems and somepeople didn't. But your going to have a few problems when trying to get more power out the ****.

I haven't heard anything on edelbrock. But that's because most people will either piece there stuff together, buy a drag kit, or buy a greddy kit. But this industry is mostly on some image name **** so when people actually stop being trendy and cheap and spend money on the edelbrock kit then u'll never know.