Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ECU small upp

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECU small upgrade HELP PLZ

I wanted to put a small ECU upgrade in my civic ('95 EX with the stock D16Z6 engine, no upgrades (3.5" axle back and cold air intake is it..) - I was wondering if there's any ECU's that are pretty cheap and pretty decent, I mean I hear you can go all out on ECUs, I know my friend puts like 2 grand into the electrical systems of his civics, I'm DEFINATELY not looking for something like that, but an increase in horsepower cheaply (I've been hearing a lot about this P28 chip, is it worth it?) but nothing that's going to effect the motor in a negative way (like I'll need upgraded cams or the timing won't work with the chip or something, something that works with the stock D16Z6 engine...if anybody has any ideas and/or experiences post 'em plz..

BTW, don't want anything I'd have to program....

Thanks

Modified by Syndacate at 10:48 AM 1/28/2006
Old 01-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU small upp (Syndacate)

*bump

As much as everybody knows about civics nobody knows anything about this?? I doubt that :-\
Old 01-28-2006, 07:55 AM
95DxSi-R2

because your asking a stupid question about a stock engine and a chipped pcm that's not going to do anything. u have a 3.5" exhuast or this is your muffler tip size?if u want more power out of this engine your going to have to spend money
Old 01-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU small upp (95DxSi-R2)

Hrm, thought one of the rules of this forum to flame people?

Anyways, despite your glib remarks, if you did manage to read (which it's obvious you didn't) it's 3.5" from the axle back (refer to first post for obvious citations).

In addition to that, I have Integra LS fuel injectors which I'm putting in it once it's road legal.

I was more specifically asking about the P28, it's supposed to upgrade horsepower by 10 or so, I don't know what makes a difference and what doesn't, 'tis why I was turning to this forum, hoping to get some input on some ECU's, I also heard that some engines come with the P28, so I'm not sure what to believe, 'tis why I'm turning to this forum.

If you noticed about all of my questions, they're questions to be answered by people of this forum, not to be flamed because you're bored.

Furthermore, if it's a stupid question, how about you provide me with a ******* answer instead of just ragging on what a stupid question it is. I'll restate my questions in a form even you can understand.

Questions:
- What's the story behind the P28, is it stock or isn't it? Would it give more power to a D16Z6 block without ******* things up or would it ƒuck things up? Would it not give any extra power to it and just vegetate in my engine doing absolutely nothing while wasting my money? Any real answers are welcome!

- What kind of chips would anybody recommend that don't require turbos, aftermarket cams, already upgraded ECU's, or any other non-stock device that have the ability to increase horsepower while not paying $900?

Just in case you or anybody else was wondering, I'm <u>not</u> looking to make this a drag car with 500 horses, I'm want to use it as a daily driver but put a 'lil more pep into it and I know that's not too much to ask. I'm <u>not</u> exactly looking for enough torque to twist the chassis here.

So if you can't give me input, don't post, if you have nothing better to do than flame, don't post, if I'm that stupid and you don't have time to waste on my "stupid" questions, <u>THEN DON'T WASTE TIME POSTING IN MY "STUPID" THREADS</u> (That would be a topic in technichal terms...incase you got confused...).

It's a fairly simple concept, even you should understand it and/or be able to answer it. Like I said, if it's so stupid, then answer it, if the answer's obvious, ******* answer it. I'm sure you don't need to spend a grand to give it 10+ hp so don't bullshit me....

Any non-flaming (attempting to aid) posts are very very much appreciated.

Thank you, if you do post something to aid me.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes a p28 ecu is a stock ecu it runs the b16a motor i dont think it would help your setup because the d16z6 is a single cam but p28 operate dohc engines u could chip your ecu with hondata or do uberdata crome many possiblites but it wont be much diff. u want power it will cost u but u said like 10hp u might get that with a chip and some dyno time for a good tune but around here 150 hr. to tune and hondata cost bout 250-300 bucks so thats about what u r lookin at hope that helps
Old 01-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU small upp (b16a27)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16a27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u could chip your ecu with hondata or do uberdata crome many possiblites but it wont be much diff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hondata or uberdata won't make much diff for 250, eh?

Aight, thanks anyways