Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ECU problems + CEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU problems + CEL

OK i did a swap in my hatch lsv with a p28 chipped ecu. Prior to that i was running a sohc T. I then swaped the clutch while i had the sohc t then this shop smashed my wiring harness in the block and tranny well i replaced the wiring harness and the o2 sensor. The wiring harness was fried from where the o2 wires were smashed together. Now ive been through 3 ecus now and all have the same code. ANd when i opened all ecus there is a blown spot burnt on all 3 of them. The cel codes were 7 tps, and 9. cyp Do i even have a cylinder pressure sensor? And where is it at? The only thing i can think of that might be still bad is where i had my 3 bar connected at maybe the wire was smashed there also. Any help will be well appreciated.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

9 is actually cylinder position (CYL) in the distributor.
It sounds like you have more problems than you thought.

which location in the ECU is burnt?
Just a warning, the only way that I know of to blow something in the ECU is if one of the non protected outputs is shorted. Neither the TPS or CYL is an output.
I'm not sure which outputs are not protected or I'd list them...
Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Relic1)

HMM,, that is weird. When i had the sohc t setup in same codes. But car ran fine. Like right now car runs good too, no back firing or bogging down. I checked the #1 cyl spark plug at looked like i was running lean in that cyl. All the others look normal. The car do idle at 950 then after driving for awile 1g. And the idle is up to 1100 then down to1000 back and fourth in a slow motion. Vtec still kicks in also. John from pherable.net told me that i might have some plugs crossed, but which one is most common to cross.? THe map and the tps have the same plug design. Gotta trouble shoot some more. Ill find out the location tonight, well ill post a pic tonight.