Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ECU go boom boom

Old 02-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU go boom boom

Learn from my mistake...........see your negative terminal.......GET 50 WIRES COMING OUT OF IT AND GROUND IT TO AS MANY PARTS OF THE CHASIS!

or your car will not start and the power from the battery will go threw your whole engine harness including the ECU and expletive IT UP

now i gotta get a new ecu and theres about 7 or 8 ground wires coming from the battery
Old 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
R.I.P.

Default Re: ECU go boom boom (SupraRXZ)

sounds like you did something backwards or wrong...
Old 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupraRXZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
... and expletive IT UP
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lovely way of putting it!

Why does this post look so filmilar!?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupraRXZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Learn from my mistake...........see your negative terminal.......GET 50 WIRES COMING OUT OF IT AND GROUND IT TO AS MANY PARTS OF THE CHASIS!

or your car will not start and the power from the battery will go threw your whole engine harness including the ECU and expletive IT UP

now i gotta get a new ecu and theres about 7 or 8 ground wires coming from the battery</TD></TR></TABLE>
what the hell are you talking about
Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ECU go boom boom (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

for realz
Old 02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU go boom boom (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you dont want your ecu fried...ground the wires
my ecu is making my car not crank all the way and making the injectors go on full blast when i start it

i put in a vtec-e ecu from my old car and it starts up
Old 02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupraRXZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you dont want your ecu fried...ground the wires
my ecu is making my car not crank all the way and making the injectors go on full blast when i start it

i put in a vtec-e ecu from my old car and it starts up</TD></TR></TABLE>

YEAH LETS DO THE SAME THING NISSAN DOES THAT F*CKS EVERYTHING UP!

stupid if you ask me!

double grounding the battery terminal or more, is stupid, you get corrosion built up on one of them guess what theres some feedback, but the car still starts and things still work good, because it has ONE good ground, but the resistance is still being sent back through and fries every sensor in your and toasts the harness. if you don't want to listen to me fine, find out for youself, i have seen it on those stupid ground wire kits too. good luck, and keep an eye on things or you will share the same fate some unlucky nissan and infiniti's share
Old 02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU go boom boom (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

YEAH LETS DO THE SAME THING NISSAN DOES THAT F*CKS EVERYTHING UP!

stupid if you ask me!

double grounding the battery terminal or more, is stupid, you get corrosion built up on one of them guess what theres some feedback, but the car still starts and things still work good, because it has ONE good ground, but the resistance is still being sent back through and fries every sensor in your and toasts the harness. if you don't want to listen to me fine, find out for youself, i have seen it on those stupid ground wire kits too. good luck, and keep an eye on things or you will share the same fate some unlucky nissan and infiniti's share </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im confused? so if i use 3 ground wires on the battery terminal it will fry all my sensors?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok forget what i said, ECU is fine i tried it on my bro's EG, and used his ECU in my car same problem

Now I need to know why my car is shooting tons of gas, so much it comes out of my headers
and why my starter doesnt crank, it just pops (brought the starter in the store to get checked out, so i know it works)

And this happens when i turn the key

it used to be when i had bad ground...my dash lights were on and injectors were on and i didnt have the key in the car, i just put on the positive on my battery
Old 02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im confused? so if i use 3 ground wires on the battery terminal it will fry all my sensors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

stick with stock and you will be fine, i HATE double grounding things or using more, just more room for mess ups.

if you have more than one ground on something, corrosion could build up one one of the ones you dont' pay that much attention to. there for sending resistance back through everything, but the sensor or whatever you have double grounded will still work still having a good ground, then one day everything stops working. it has happened before trust me i've seen it, diagnosed it, fixed it.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

stick with stock and you will be fine, i HATE double grounding things or using more, just more room for mess ups.

if you have more than one ground on something, corrosion could build up one one of the ones you dont' pay that much attention to. there for sending resistance back through everything, but the sensor or whatever you have double grounded will still work still having a good ground, then one day everything stops working. it has happened before trust me i've seen it, diagnosed it, fixed it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alrite i took out the other grounds and for the one battery ground i cleaned it up and exposed more clean metal and cleaned the rust and crap,
but still my car is shooting gas and only cranking once

is there a ground wire that i missed on the harness? theres the starter ground, and the alternator ground what else is there? could it be my main relay?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thermo housing
Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why would that be the problem for no spark?

and i thought since i had obd1 injectors i dont need a resistor box?