Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Economical security measures for your Honda/Acura BEFORE it gets stolen.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Economical security measures for your Honda/Acura BEFORE it gets stolen.

Originally Posted by krazy k
dude, it's shape its perfect. it requires the unique key. all a theif can do is toe it, and what not, when does that ever happend.
it happens
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Economical security measures for your Honda/Acura BEFORE it gets stolen.

STICKYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn good info... im going to be doing some of this stuff, even though auto theft around here is not a problem. Just because it isn't now, doesn't mean its not going to get that way, Thanks for the great info!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:43 PM
New User

well i like this thread, it's interesting, never thought about getting down with it like that..that's why i just used the autolock, but anyways...i like'd number 1 it's a simple way to do it. Now number ten is sick lol i think i would be laughing instead of thinking about what to do, to the theif.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 PM

some really good info
Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is some great information Im glad someone finally stepped up to the plate. There are definitely way too many car thefts going on that could have been prevented. oh yeah....and a BUMP
Old 06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

someone make this a sticky...
Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by aquito
BUMP for a sticky!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great info in the first post. Actually theres even better ideas but i wont post them cause its secret.

this should be stickied.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

RyanA very good post. Sticky worthy

Originally Posted by CivicSD
Actually theres even better ideas but i wont post them cause its secret.
Hopefully this will get people to be creative with their car security. Make up your own system and keep it a secret!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup so easy to do with some wires, crimps, and switches
Old 06-17-2009, 01:39 AM
New User

Alright every one would like a diterrent for thef, but something simple enough to do with basic tools. I know how manual labor can take some one to the point of exhaustion. Just installed a race header on my Rsx, took 5 hours...ahhh! i'm beat! So, wait till your in a positvie mood, so you don't end up breaking anything. Then you look for wires and search for one that can be disconected at ease. Using a 10mm socket, if you have coil packs, go for the spark plug wire. Take only one off. Don't get yourself stressed out by removing more than what is needed. You'll end up like me, stressed out with a negative mood..especially if your going to be doing this every time you park...well after this, hide the wire so a theif can't find it. Or if you want just remove it completely. It's as easy as it sounds and it's free!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn man these are all good, im considering of doing this since recently my car was broken into.they didn't steal it since i dont have much (its my project so a lot has been taken out) but they did take my set of tools that i've paid a lot of money for along with my dash cover and squash air freshener to be dicks. you should make wiring guides so that i don't have to go pay some guy who might jack me later to do it cuz i dont trust a lot of people especially when it comes to workin on my car
Old 06-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lots of good info in here, it is nice to see people contributing and helping others keep there cars within there own possession...
Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for this!! Im always worried about my car getting stolen, now that its 3 hours away im even more stressed out but this is some good info!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some nice info in here! I add some more when I get to my computer!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:09 PM

Good **** in here. STICKY THIS. There are many good ideas in here that might save a honda or two. I am gonna do something sneaky to my car. I am not in a high theft area but it never hurts to be prepared
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just did one on my car and just wanted to share my 2 cents, fuel kill on the dome light. hahaha my light was out and dont really use it so....
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

true.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DatBlkej1
alarms are a waste of money...
You just earned the award of being the biggest idiot in this thread!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Park your car in the garage!!!! like 99% of the cars stolen from this forum are parked on the driveway or on the street!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no matter what you do, nothing beats a tow truck.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 AM

Lol those are some sick ideas..I have 3 kill switchis in my hatch and. Eventually they work wen my ignition was broken but my car was still there
Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by aquito

Someone already made a thread exactly like this one a few months ago (possibly a year?) reguarding security measures for your Honda/Acura car.

If I remember correctly, the reason it didnt get sticky'ed is because, at the same time that the thread was being very helpful in giving ideas to keep thieves from stealing your car, it was also letting all of the thieves out there know what tricks you are pulling to try and keep them at bay.

Great idea for helping people out RyanA, and great writeup! I just hope the thieves on this forum arent updating thier checklists with the security measures you described.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem I see on these suggestions is that while they are good ideas, Im going to have to access hidden switches every time I park and get in my car? Also there are no actual guides on how to do the things mentioned and without pictures its hard for someone to attempt doing these things if they don't have the knowledge with electrical systems.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hella good thread yo deff needs a sticky but knowing my luck i would install all of this stuff and wouldn't even be able to start my own car

Quick Reply: Economical security measures for your Honda/Acura BEFORE it gets stolen.