Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ebay turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay turbo kits

i bought a del 94 del sol SI (B16), its in preatty good shape, exept for paint. i wanted to make a little more power so i bought a jdm type r header and did a 2.5 in exhaust. Im thinking in the back of my mind to turbo it. My goal would be around 250+hp, somthing like that. its my daly drive so dont want to breake it. Im building a EG k20/k24 so thats going to be my fast car, and its taking preatty much all my money, hehe.

My question, are those Ebay turbo kits work? have anyone tried them? could it fullfill my needs of 8-12 psi for Daily Driving to work without the turbo dying out on me?
hope u can help me out.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:25 PM

now thats funny.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (gus_k24)

read the post before yours... ebay kits are typically S**T and will break. also dont base your HP of amount of boost... 8 psi should be max if your running stock internals. I dont wanna burst you bubble but boosting your car will end up being faster than that k20 your building. K20's are cool until a SOHC running 8 psi burns ya.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (93egB16A)

*refer to my response in other thread*
Old 10-21-2007, 10:41 PM

is it because of crappy turbos or what?

built k20 franks are as fast as a mild turbo cars, and in the street too much turbo creats too much wheel spin. SOHC @ 8 psi runs 14's in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks for the input.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned

my friends ep3 all stock with a ebay turbo and has been running 8lbs for over 6 months now. No problems.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (93egB16A)

OP what block and what are you doing to the K24 build?

Modified by suicide_shift at 1:44 AM 10/22/2007
Old 10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (suicide_shift)

Back on topic. eBay kits are junk. DO NOT buy one.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ebay turbo kits (SilverStreak02)

the kits are not junk you just gotta know what your getting, ive delt with a few for some friends and they worked out good, it's cheaper to piece together your own kit bro
Old 10-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (Projekt_2nr)

There is no such thing as an "ebay" kit. Ebay doesn't make kits.

Typically the cheapy chrome tubular manifolds that come with these things don't have any bracing and will crack over time, which is why most people refer to them as crappy.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lbs of boost???what size turbo???that makes a difference u know...
Old 10-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mach0)

I find it very ironic that you're "building a K20 as your fast car" - meanwhile a boosted B series could on stock ints could rip apart a K20 for half the price.

What I also find ironic is you're willing to spend 9k to swap a K20 into your car, but only 500 to buy a useless cheap turbo kit for your Civic.

It's no secret to anybody here that you're lying your *** off about everything except the fact that you have a del sol B16 and you want to boost it because it's got absolutely no torque off the line and before you thought the B16 was the greatest thing since sliced bread and now you're realizing how weak it is, etc. etc.

The car, plus the engine, plus the "should I get an ebay kit" is about all that's true in that statement. And by the way you're talking I'm guessing you don't know much about turbos either...psi means nothing in accordance with turbo trim size....

EDIT:
Smartest thing to do would just come straight up...less people would hate you for lying then coming straight then just lying then when everybody finds out you just go run and hide...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I find it very ironic that you're "building a K20 as your fast car" - meanwhile a boosted B series could on stock ints could rip apart a K20 for half the price.

What I also find ironic is you're willing to spend 9k to swap a K20 into your car, but only 500 to buy a useless cheap turbo kit for your Civic.

It's no secret to anybody here that you're lying your *** off about everything except the fact that you have a del sol B16 and you want to boost it because it's got absolutely no torque off the line and before you thought the B16 was the greatest thing since sliced bread and now you're realizing how weak it is, etc. etc.

The car, plus the engine, plus the "should I get an ebay kit" is about all that's true in that statement. And by the way you're talking I'm guessing you don't know much about turbos either...psi means nothing in accordance with turbo trim size....

EDIT:
Smartest thing to do would just come straight up...less people would hate you for lying then coming straight then just lying then when everybody finds out you just go run and hide...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I second this.....As I read It seems that you just read very little about k20/k24 or you have been on youtube a little to much.... It also is funny like Syndacate said 9k for a k20 swap but only 500 for a BS turbo and Manifold off ebay...WTF??

now my 2cents on turbo kits on ebay there mani's do suck as well as the turbos, but i would get a kit basically for everything else and buy a nice size turbo and mani to match...Or just piece on together...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (gus_k24)

if you have to buy the kit, i would recommend to replace the wastegate, replace the bov, re-enforce the manifold, get an oil restrictor, and get a good tune. the egay ones are alright if you know what the common problem areas are.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ebay turbo kits (bpkmrtoes)

Del Sol SI's don't come with a B16, just FYI. Does this car have a swap or did you mean to say D16Z6?

Regardless, I've never seen anyone have luck with the eBay-purchased kits without doing their own bracing of the manifolds and rebuilding of the turbos prior to installation. If you do that - which shouldn't be more than $300 total - you'll have a good starting point. Get some injectors and a tune and have fun.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

EDIT:
Smartest thing to do would just come straight up...less people would hate you for lying then coming straight then just lying then when everybody finds out you just go run and hide...</TD></TR></TABLE>

craptastic answer...glad y'all helping out. douche.

he's from puerto rico, maybe something was lost in translation, but to bash him and call him a feckin' liar. shame. same goes to the asshat with the phrase "ebay doesn't make kits"....no *****, he was asking about the kits ON ebay. i've been looking around this site for some knowledge and come across more and more people like you two. if you don't have anything nice to say....stfu! nice post count BTW guys. been here for years i guess.....know it alls. weak.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (Archidictus)

O really??? do a lil more research on the del sol's...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (mach0)

Cheap is not always good. Be careful. Just do it right the first time. if you want to save a little cash. Buy someones used but in good condition kit. Thats what I did to save some cash. But make sure its in good condition,
Old 10-22-2007, 01:38 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (Integrame)

why dont you just keep the del sol tock and fun/reliable, and just turbocharge or inject nitrous into the k series, ive been there done that with the 2 project cars at once and no daily driver thing its not FUN! if i were you id just keep the del sol stock and pour the money into the EG.

just saying becuase in america you need to drive EVERYWHERE. i dont know how the transit system works in puerto rico tho
Old 10-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

half the sellers of those ebay kits don't even speak English... I found out when i was looking for my kit.. I got a ebay one but it was $1100 and came with every thing and had a number i could call and talk about the kit with some one that had actually ran it.. All in mine was turned out ok, just spend the extra money to get one with a good mani.. plus i replaced the turbo with a garett. If you can afford a k-series and a boosted b series you can afford a half way good kit.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM

WTF? Whats the problem with some people in this forum? i just asked if the turbo kits that ebay sells are crap, i know see they are. so im not going to by one. end of it.

im not a mechanic, and im not an expert, but i see people here probably know less than me, and talk crap like they know. Why you people assume things that i havent even said. Why i would be lying about stuff i have? to impress some douchbags here? ha!, i dont think so. Lots of people here know a lot about hondas, but, some just like to bash.

Why people assume when u ask in good favor some knowledge, think u dont know anything. Ive seen (B series and D series) from the most budget to the most radical, my del sol mecanic has the Puertorican record in front wheel Drive, turbo and NA Honda, and yes, there B series. (In P.R. K series swaps are still kinda new) But nobady can deny the potential in a K series engine, either. The fastest cars right now, the cars that are setting records are k swaps, in drag and circuit racing.

yes i know the diference between B16 and D16, this is not my first honda. its my 3rd actualy. i had a 93 HB SI D16, have a 94 del SOL B16 (came from stock, B16), and also in progress a 95 SI K20/K24. I bought the del sol because the k frank was taking too long.

This is why i dont hang around in forums, I dont have to prove myself to anybody.

Is there a fight between K and B that i dont know of?

Anyway, the people that helped me with the topic i thank you , the other guys i just feel sorry for u.

i think im sticking with my del sol just the way it is. Maybe its better to just stick with one proyect car. Better take my money and give it a fresh paint and some bolt on stuff.

Modified by gus_k24 at 4:33 PM 10/22/2007
Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: ebay turbo kits (mach0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mach0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">O really??? do a lil more research on the del sol's...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you could stop talking since you don't know dick. The USDM Del Sol Si comes with a D16Z6. The USDM Del Sol VTEC comes with a B16A. The OP specifically said that he has an Si. Either the car has a B16 swap or it's a D16Z6.

Perhaps the model designations in Puerto Rico are different than in the United States and their Si model comes with a B16.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM

modesl designations are the same in PR as in the USA, same market.

My del sols engine is a B16a3 and 4 disc (from factory), issumed it was an SI, maybe im wrong. Correct me in this matter.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (gus_k24)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gus_k24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">modesl designations are the same in PR as in the USA, same market.

My del sols engine is a B16a3 and 4 disc (from factory), issumed it was an SI, maybe im wrong. Correct me in this matter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The B16A Del Sol is the Del Sol VTEC. The Si also has four-wheel-disc brakes, but it only has the D16Z6 under the bonnet.

I'm not trying to get up anyone's ***, I just don't like little noobies calling me names and telling me to do research when they don't know their ******* from a hole in the ground. Obviously you're not the one I'm speaking about
Old 10-22-2007, 06:27 PM

Default ebay turbo kits

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not trying to get up anyone's ***, I just don't like little noobies calling me names and telling me to do research when they don't know their ******* from a hole in the ground. Obviously you're not the one I'm speaking about </TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand. this is my first post here in honda-tech and suddenly people r calling me a liar,ha!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
OP what block and what are you doing to the K24 build?
Modified by suicide_shift at 1:44 AM 10/22/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have an accord block and a type s head,
-as pistons go, i was cheking out the wiseco pistons to do an coating of some sort by the IB guys, a member at K20.org is getting the price quote. CR for the pistons is 13.7 before coatong, after is supposed to be like 13.1:1.
-manley rods
-kpro
-type s cams (trying to buy type r ones @ k20a.org)
-3 in. exhaust
-type r flywheel
-PRB throttel and intake mani
-type s tranny
-Dc Swap header
-swap parts (golden eagle fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, axles, etc...)

thats about it for now, that is stage 1. Later want to get RBC intake mani, RDX inyectors and maybe cams.

Quick Reply: ebay turbo kits