Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ebay strut/tie bars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay strut/tie bars?

I've been looking at these for the past week or so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33591

My question...anyone bought this kit from these people? I am not a racer, just a daily driver, but if this can help my handling in my puny 92 civic DX, $71 doesn't sound bad to me. There are a lot of curves where I live.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay strut/tie bars? (perfectsquare)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by perfectsquare &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been looking at these for the past week or so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33591

My question...anyone bought this kit from these people? I am not a racer, just a daily driver, but if this can help my handling in my puny 92 civic DX, $71 doesn't sound bad to me. There are a lot of curves where I live.

Thanks for any input. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Waste of money in my opinion..."you get what u pay for"
I personally would get a good shock/spring set-up and swaybas before i would do "tie" bars
Old 08-05-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Re: ebay strut/tie bars? (JDMisGOOD)

i bought the 3 piece set for like $40 several months ago. they are one of those you get what you pay for. they arent as strong as a more expensive one piece bar and they probably dont do much in terms of handling. like the guy above me said, save your money and invest in a good shock/spring combo and get some sway bars. if you really want a strut bar, find the stock front upper one from an EM1.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats can work, but not well enough to satify your needs.

going cheap on parts that play an important role of your car is risky. couple members ride on the eBay strut bars on the 7thgen board, they werent so satisfied with it but they were expecting it since it is off eBay and the price is fairly low. IF you do plan to purchase these, just dont expect much improvements, i think a set like these would just make your daily turning better. but nothing like taking a turn at 45mph.

i'd personally invest into the quality products. search around couple web pages and see what others have to say about it. reviews, reports, etc. ALWAYS got to search before buying any product for your car because their is always someone out their with the product u plan to buy in the future.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:25 AM

Default Re: ebay strut/tie bars? (JTTeGx)

Thanks for the input guys.

Like I said, it is just a daily driver. I have a lot of curves where I live, and was just looking to take them a bit quicker. I guess this won't do the trick.

I was under the impression the front top-strut bar (any) did a lot for handling on a civic. I guess not?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought those for 50 bucks like a yr ago.. bent the bottom front, and top rear bar.. go figure.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by perfectsquare &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the input guys.

Like I said, it is just a daily driver. I have a lot of curves where I live, and was just looking to take them a bit quicker. I guess this won't do the trick.

I was under the impression the front top-strut bar (any) did a lot for handling on a civic. I guess not?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the top bar does help considerably if you haven't had one on the car, but get a decent one

I however made the mistake of buying a skunk2 rear tie and it doesn't really do anything since i don't have a thicker sway bar or anything that needs the subframe to be strengthened.

ebay strut bars are kinda weak from what i've heard though, save that money
Old 08-06-2004, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay strut/tie bars? (Sijray21)

ya, I ebay strut bared my car out once. Actually did feel a bit of difference in after I put the upper front in, but it wasn't like "WHOOAOAOOOOA!". When I put my KYB AGX's with Eibach Road Race springs on, and then got some decent tires, I peed myself.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:41 AM

well it wouldnt hurt i would say go for it!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:52 AM

Default Re: ebay strut/tie bars? (JDMTurboCivic11)

that is an item that most people call you get what you pay for, but a strut bar is a strut bar and a tie bar is a tie bar, even if it comes out of a belly dancers ***. my friend got that kit and his handling around town and in the mountains really improved. if he would have bought expensive ones it might be like 2x better. and if you have a 92 dx then that will make your car handle a lot better
Old 08-06-2004, 06:22 AM

thats what I have on my car works pretty good to me. A strut bar is a strut bar (unless you get like the carbing or neuspeed) imo. It does its job not much for the bling factor though. And its pretty sturdy. I just dont see paying ridiculous amounts for one, cant be that much better. But a good strut/spring combo and swaybars much better investment, but cant get that for $70 bucks... Saving that much on all that stuff then you can spend more on the stuff that counts!