Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ebay short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay short shifter

has anyone gotten one of these short shifters from ebay or anywhere. what are they really used for. also are they hard to put on. this is my first 5 sp. and i was just curious. i always see about 10 per page on ebay for about $25, do you think their worth it. i know you get what you pay for.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (vtechicano)

i read somwhere here on H-T that someone had theirs break in half on them...so i dunno...
Old 04-24-2003, 12:16 AM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're another one of those ppl looking for something for nothing on eBay. What you will get on eBay is --- nothing for something! If you're going to go to all the trouble of installing a short shifter, get something worth all the trouble. In my book, that would be a Skunk2 Dual bend shifter. If you look around, you can find one (new) for about 120 bones. And, don't be a jew. Buy the matching weighted ****. That's another 45 bones.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:18 AM

1. yes i got one, they shorten the throw between shifts (very cool feeling)
2. no they aren't hard at all
3. yes they are worth it

and by the way these aren't really like that phrase "you get what you pay for" they do the SAME EXACT thing a name brand goes for, i know people who have broken ebay shifters, stock shifters, and expensive brand shifters, get an ebay for a fraction of the cost and if it breaks replace it, but it will never break unless you put like an *** load of pressure, like JUST ****** kick it, which could break anything. well i'm out.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (BlackDeuceCoupe)

Watch the "jewish", man. That ish ain't cool...Hey to the starter of this thread: Just buy a nice B&M short shift kit...they rock and they shift really solid...really solid. I have one and it is smooth and balanced.
HT White Ops

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (PhatHardy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhatHardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... i know people who have broken ebay shifters, stock shifters, and expensive brand shifters...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, bullsh!t. Quit while you're ahead...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're another one of those ppl looking for something for nothing on eBay. What you will get on eBay is --- nothing for something! If you're going to go to all the trouble of installing a short shifter, get something worth all the trouble. In my book, that would be a Skunk2 Dual bend shifter. If you look around, you can find one (new) for about 120 bones. And, don't be a jew. Buy the matching weighted ****. That's another 45 bones.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude why the **** are you degrading him cause he asked a question, you saying what kind of person he is, because he asked an innocent question oh, and about the shifters guess what it's not trouble installing one, hell i'd rather do that than take off all my wheels and put them back on. And about being a JEW because of not getting the ****, that's totally retarded, who are you too say that the skunk2 **** is the holy grail of *****.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:23 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (GTlvr82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GTlvr82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Watch the "jewish", man. That ish ain't cool...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Says who?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:23 AM

quit while i'm ahead? what the **** are you talking about? And to the dude who said that the b&m is smooth and balanced, guess what shifters aren't balanced nor are they smooth, that has to do with the transmission the shifter is just a piece of metal that engages the transmission. all short shifter work the same way, the place between the pivot point and the point where it bolts to the shiftlinkage is lengthend(sp) that's the only thing.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:25 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhatHardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude why the **** are you degrading him cause he asked a question... And about being a JEW because of not getting the ****, that's totally retarded, who are you too say that the skunk2 **** is the holy grail of *****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Instead of attacking me, why don't you tell me where I'm wrong? Too much trouble?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:27 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhatHardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">quit while i'm ahead? what the **** are you talking about?... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Look, we all tell little white lies to prove a point, but come on... you have never seen a broken shifter in your life, and you know it...
Old 04-24-2003, 12:29 AM

hahahahaha, welcome back Deuce!!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:29 AM

ok dude I bluffed. I did lie about the broken High name shifters, and i lied about the e-bay shifters, however this dude in town, has broken several stock shifters in several civics, and he is a mechanic who works for midas.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:28 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhatHardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok dude I bluffed. I did lie about the broken High name shifters, and i lied about the e-bay shifters, however this dude in town, has broken several stock shifters in several civics, and he is a mechanic who works for midas. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, nice comeback! I'll let you slide. You're okay...

Really! Screw those eBay come-ons. Spend a little money and get something worth having. A buck 'n' a half will buy you bliss. Skunk2 makes some ****, but their shifters rule. Single-bend or dual; take your pick. They are both made of solid steel. If you can break one of them, you belong in the circus...
Old 04-24-2003, 02:27 AM

my friend snapped his ebay shifter going into 2nd!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:40 AM

I bought one and snapped all the threads off the top of it. Spend the money and buy a good one. Dont and you'll regret it.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (sleeperb)

i bought my ebay shifter for $15 shipped. it works fine without any problems and is worth all $15...get what you want.

as for calling people JEW
Old 04-24-2003, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (shepworldwide)

I have an ebay shifter. My only problem with it is the length under the car (after the pivot point) is too long and rub my exhaust. I'm going to have to get a new one anyway. But I used it for 2 years and never had a problem except for the rubbing.

And ya, the jew comment was completely unnessisary. I guess some people just like the attention though.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, if you feel that you shift pretty hard, then spend some extra money for a really solid one. I got an ebay one for $30 CAN in total and I'd much rather spend 30 than 70 CAN for an APC one. I don't shift extremely hard, so the cheap short shifter served its purpose: it gave me a more solid, shorter shift throw for a really good price. In any event that it does snap, I'll probably go and buy myself one of those pricier brand-name ones. Finally, no. Short shifters aren't that hard to install. Rusted bolts are a pain in the ***, but that's what WD40 or whatever is for.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:46 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i paid 11$ and shipping on my ebay short shifter. the only downfall, my shift **** set screws cant grip the chroming. but other than that it is short and sweet.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (Synergy001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Synergy001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i read somwhere here on H-T that someone had theirs break in half on them...so i dunno...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i broke three of these little cheapy shifters, dont waste your time or money
Old 04-24-2003, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ebay short shifter (silverEH2)

3 of those shifters is still cheaper than skunk2
Old 04-24-2003, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3 of those shifters is still cheaper than skunk2 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but include the issues with driving a car that has half of a shifter. That costs time and money and can be a major PIA.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Ebay short shifter (splitime)

ill sitck with my skunk 2 is great....i had a weapon r before...this is sooo much better....and i got it for 100$ from landspeed, and the **** from nopi for i think 35 or so...
Old 04-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Ebay short shifter (onefastex)

eBay shifters suck!

My friend had his DC Sport...not DCsports but DC Sport shifter snap in half on him at the track, he rethreaded it and continues to use it lol

I got an integra shifter, about 40% shorter than stock, plus its dual bend...they sell on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for $44 bucks...its worth it

however, you have to bend the forks at the end of the linkage a bit to get it to fit since the integra shifter is wider than the stock civic shifter...but its worth it, and works great

Quick Reply: Ebay short shifter