Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ebay radiators?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay radiators?

anybody have any experience with ebay radiators? i don't mean mishimoto or godspeed i mean like these: http://search.ebay.com/civic-r...insif

they're like 50 bucks... i don't plan to buy one i'm going mishimoto cause of boost but i'm just wondering what the quality is for my upcoming budget eg project i might do
Old 08-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ebay radiators? (94c1v1cex)

hondamarketplace.com
F Ebay.
Ive had some good luck, but just enough to stay away.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ebay radiators? (tx_ej8_49)

As much as I'm sure a lot of people will disagree upon how important radiators are, there's really no difference. An ebay rad will work fine .

I wouldn't buy one though.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: ebay radiators? (Syndacate)

From the ebay horror stories I've heard, nothing about radiators, I'd be afraid of it leaking and messing your engine up. Plus, after shipping it's like a 100 bucks, so it's not as cheap as you said.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

For it being a ebay rad, there is always a catch when it comes to ebay brand. Dont risk it. Just save up your money and buy something better. You dont want to buy this and two weeks down the road your stuck on the highway with a car overheating like crazy. Its not worth it.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No, but I did buy one from Kragens and, to my surprise, turned out to be a very good unit for about $110 or so. Why was I surprised? I picked one up a few years back at Kragens for my 82 Celica and it was shitty, but it worked. When I took it out of the box you could smell the paint and the unit looked fragile compared to the OEM unit.

The one I got (rity? I can check if you want) looks almost OEM. I took some pics of it if someoen can tell me where I can upload the pics to link to.
Gary
Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: ebay radiators? (garyhgaryh)

get Koyo if you have the $$$,
Old 08-08-2007, 06:14 AM

I have one. it's half style dual core. Awesome fitment and great product quality.

I will see if I can find the sellers name.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 AM

i persoanlly buy a radiator from ebay and still using it in my eg hatch
it works fine...nothing wrong with it..
radiator is just a simple design to disperse the heat...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the 45-55 they are asking for the radiator itself and the 45 for shipping I would just go into the performance marketplace and look up RSmachine. They are selling an aluminum radiator that has the stock fan location for 109 and some change, shipped. I would trust trust a no name radiator that a reputable machine shop is selling sooner than I would an ebay one. Or you can also hit up RCautoworks for their 12" fan - 1/2 radiator (single core, but larger than stock) for $125 shipped
Old 08-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ebay radiators? (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by garyhgaryh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, but I did buy one from Kragens and, to my surprise, turned out to be a very good unit for about $110 or so. Why was I surprised? I picked one up a few years back at Kragens for my 82 Celica and it was shitty, but it worked. When I took it out of the box you could smell the paint and the unit looked fragile compared to the OEM unit.

The one I got (rity? I can check if you want) looks almost OEM. I took some pics of it if someoen can tell me where I can upload the pics to link to.
Gary</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, my friend's rocking a NAPA Auto Parts (about one step DOWN from autozone, but they can get "OEM style parts in") rad b/c he put a racoon through his - dropped it in, been running it for a few years, no problems. The radiator isn't exactly under a whole lot of pressure. The only thing I can imagine being weaker on the e-bay brand is the necks, where the hoses connect, other than that, I'm sure it'll work fine. Though like others said, ebay stores make up a lot of ground in shipping, it'll be like 50 dollars, + 50 shipping, which kinda nullifies the point of saving 50 dollars in the first place (assuming it's ~100).

There's absolutely no need to get a koyo or any other name brand super rad on ur stock *** (or even not stock) car.

I'm not exactly why people opt to pay more for a better name, but they do, when it comes to radiators, "build" isn't exactly a factor unless it's that bad of a build it starts leaking at the build welds (which I doubt)..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i persoanlly buy a radiator from ebay and still using it in my eg hatch
it works fine...nothing wrong with it..
radiator is just a simple design to disperse the heat...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

See what I mean? No problems...its' not like ur buying an intake manifold or anything.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ERZperformance.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get Koyo if you have the $$$, </TD></TR></TABLE>

What he means is "if you have the $, go outside and light it on fire, because you're doing the same thing."

Or you can just send me the money and I'll send you a radiator that'll work just as good as a koyyo one . Or if you're that self-conscious a integra full rad will work better than both of those (koyo, stock, or ebay).
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ebay has alot of trash, everyone knows that. theres alot of people running around here with the $100 e-radiators but everyone swears by them and all ive seen is good things. most of the people i know using them have had them for 2+years ,so its a safe bet youll be fine if you go ebay.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=Syndacate]

Yeah, my friend's rocking a NAPA Auto Parts (about one step DOWN from autozone, but they can get "OEM style parts in") rad b/c he put a racoon through his - dropped it in, been running it for a few years, no problems. The radiator isn't exactly under a whole lot of pressure. The only thing I can imagine being weaker on the e-bay brand is the necks, where the hoses connect, other than that, I'm sure it'll work fine. Though like others said, ebay stores make up a lot of ground in shipping, it'll be like 50 dollars, + 50 shipping, which kinda nullifies the point of saving 50 dollars in the first place (assuming it's ~100).

There's absolutely no need to get a koyo or any other name brand super rad on ur stock *** (or even not stock) car.
--------------------------------------------------------

Agreed! It's not like a performance mod or anything. And the cooling is just as good, if not better than stock.

Like I said earlier, I got a rity or rightly radiator (I'll check tonight the name brand) from Kragens. I'll post pics tonight since I took some side by side pictures of them.

I'm very happy with it and I paid $109. That might be expensive but for a local purchase through a chain store that's a decent price.
Gary
Old 08-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

i got one brand new for 35 shipped off ebay, oem replacement. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and fitment no complaints at all.

heres the one I got http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egsleepercivic)

That looks very similiar to the one I got at Kragens ..... that's a good price... damn good price... Now I feel ripped off!
Gary
Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM

cool thanks for the info guys... like i said i'm gonna do a budget eg build here pretty soon to prove a point to a few v8 fanatic friends of mine...

they said that they can make a gt mustang faster than a honda if i have 5 grand to put into the honda and they only have 1500 to put into they're mustang... the catch is i have to keep a sohc motor.

and they're expeltive set on that... and they're getting a college loan to pay for this little expedition so i'm not spending one cent! but my plans are to build and boost the **** out of the little sohc and gut the interior of the eg... thinking now i don't think going cheap on the radiator will be a good thing but i might run outta cash...

as for my project ej1 (which is about to be boosted) i have a koyo in it right now. thanks guys
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM

I bought a rad from rad doc on ebay. had it for about 3 months now, and nothing is wrong at all. And they had good customer service.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mini-me-power)

I bought my radiator from ebay over 3 years ago. It's not the shinning alumiun. But the dual core cooper 2".

Used it for daily drivin, autox, drag strip, road course. Haven't got a single problem.

I got it from Ebay.