Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dynomax exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynomax exhaust?

hey, my friend had just called a place and found that dynomax made an exhaust system for the 92-95 civic coupe for 99 bucks, so tomorrow i'm going to go pick it up and my friend and I are going to install it, probably along with some spart plugs, this is will be my first mod, i wish i could do suspension and wheels, but i'm saving to get a new clutch and third gear syncrho fixed, and i can't stand my rusted out rattling exhaust so i decide to get this exhaust system, do any of you have a dynomax exhaust system and if you do ,do you like it or not
Old 06-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dynomax exhaust? (redexchris)

I believe their pretty quiet and if you're getting the oval one, it's comparitively similar to the ES Oval. (Very quiet unitil you step on it or until vtec.)But that's just what I've heard.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one and i simply LOVE it !
Old 06-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STN_Pat)

I've got a Dynomax Ultraflow Welded muffler on my ’98 EX. I really like it. It's almost as quiet as stock on the highway and still stounds good at WOT.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sushiboy)

i have the dyno max its my fav exhaust real quiet for the cops and has a nice tone for the mountain
Old 06-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: (oneslowej)

1. dynomax RULES... they're sweet nice deep tone not ricey or raspy...

I wish I could find it but I can't... there was a mock news article (may have been real from a college paper or something) that's title was...

"Dynomax Exhaust Gets Student LAID"...

It was SOOO funny had an interview with the kid and all.. it's like..

"when did you notice the increased female attention"

"AS SOON AS I PUT IT ON I WAS GETTING LOOKS FROM LOTS OF GIRLS" ETC ETC..

It was great.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:02 AM

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

are you serious thats crazy, yea i'm leaving soon to go get it and my friend and i are installing it, i'm going to take pics so i'll post them when i get them back from walmart,hehe
Old 07-01-2003, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"Dynomax Exhaust Gets Student LAID"...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why'd I get a stupid WS....
Old 07-01-2003, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (jolt-tsp)

I have the Super Turbo Dynomax on my EG coupe....love the sound....sounds alittle deeper than stock until you step on it...but even then it isnt loud..**** its still quiet with my turbo.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cee_mon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cee_mon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the Super Turbo Dynomax on my EG coupe....love the sound....sounds alittle deeper than stock until you step on it...but even then it isnt loud..**** its still quiet with my turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I WISH I COULD SAY THAT ABOUT MY DYNOMAX CAUSE ALL U CAN HEAR IS MY GAY *** INTAKE NO TURBO
Old 07-01-2003, 02:38 PM

Default Re: (oneslowej)

Got one. It's a hair louder, and a hair deeper than stock.
It's not loud at WOT. Intake is louder.
3 1/2 inch tip.
It's so close to the ground because my car is low.

Oh and some tech to this post:
It won't fit an LS B pipe. Inlet pipe is too small.
I had to cut the inlet on a stock GSR (or LS?) and fit it on the DynoMax.
Which was easy, and it fit right on there.
The original inlet piece is clamped on anyways, so no harm, no foul.

Old 07-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eee Pee)

the super turbo is not straight through right?

i had one and it was nice and quiet. do you guys use resonators on the non superturbos? cuz i have a dynomax welded race magnum right now, and at first it sounded good, now it's really loud and raspy as hell. sounds like a fart can. any of you guys have this problem?
Old 07-01-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Re: (tominos)

hey ok good news and bad news guys, let me start off my dad

Get to my friend's house, i'm pretty excite you know getting a new cat back exhaust system ,going to update cap,rotor,plugs and wires, so we take his G-tech out to get stock times 0-60 so we can test later with exhaust, my car is a 95 ex coupe, 110*** miles on it, slipping clutch that i'm replacing here in the month with a new third gear syncrho, and we did three runs, 8.49, 8.43, 8.47, so it was consist on accelerating, plus my friend was just guessing on launchs around 3 to 5 grand, let my friend do it because he has more experience with his car and just all around driving anyway, get in his old beater truck and go to state college to pick up the exhaust,cap,rotor,plugs, the spark wires they had were ngk for like 70 bucks so i end up getting acct ones for 30 bucks, anyway on to the exhaust we get home we should have checked it there first but it was only the muffler the same as the pic about and a little piece of pipe, we were like this is a big crock of bs, we called and asked why we did'nt get a full cat like it said in the pic on their product sheet in the newspaper, so it was 105 bucks for a muffler and little pipe, so we take it back get our money back and go home and installing the other stuff, take it out and ran a 8.40 0-60 going up a slight hill,and my friend just went for one 1/4 ran in 17.8 at 84.9, so i'm also running one series size tire over stock their big winter tires, but i'm happy that there is room to improve and what conditions we were in with the bad clutch,big tires, the road, and 90's degrees out side plus my friend and i weight together is 350 lbs, so i can't wait to get clutch and synchro replaced then i'm going to start with springs,shocks, then wheels
Old 07-01-2003, 04:17 PM

Default Re: (redexchris)

Punctuation dude...?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redexchris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so it was 105 bucks for a muffler and little pipe</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, you thought you can get a cat back for $100?

That would be a great example of get what you pay for...
Old 07-01-2003, 08:46 PM

yea, well when it has a pic of a whole cat back exhaust,and even says dynomax turbo cat back exhaust ,and has a pic of one then gives the price, ummm, yea i think its the whole cat back their selling,but ended up that it wasn't ,we were not the only ones having that problem, to let you know
Old 07-02-2003, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eee Pee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Punctuation dude...?

Haha, you thought you can get a cat back for $100?

That would be a great example of get what you pay for...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah cuz god knows that exhausts should be REALLY expensive....

I paid under 200 for mine and it's fine...

A dynomax muffler and mandrel bent piping shouldn't cost you more than 150 bucks or so at a mineke... they carry them now too... or maybe it's flowmaster... either way there's a good cat back for under 200... (as long as the mineke knows what they're doing).
Old 07-02-2003, 11:17 AM
ophdehEEzY

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redexchris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey ok good news and bad news guys, let me start off my dad

Get to my friend's house, i'm pretty excite you know getting a new cat back exhaust system ,going to update cap,rotor,plugs and wires, so we take his G-tech out to get stock times 0-60 so we can test later with exhaust, my car is a 95 ex coupe, 110*** miles on it, slipping clutch that i'm replacing here in the month with a new third gear syncrho, and we did three runs, 8.49, 8.43, 8.47, so it was consist on accelerating, plus my friend was just guessing on launchs around 3 to 5 grand, let my friend do it because he has more experience with his car and just all around driving anyway, get in his old beater truck and go to state college to pick up the exhaust,cap,rotor,plugs, the spark wires they had were ngk for like 70 bucks so i end up getting acct ones for 30 bucks, anyway on to the exhaust we get home we should have checked it there first but it was only the muffler the same as the pic about and a little piece of pipe, we were like this is a big crock of bs, we called and asked why we did'nt get a full cat like it said in the pic on their product sheet in the newspaper, so it was 105 bucks for a muffler and little pipe, so we take it back get our money back and go home and installing the other stuff, take it out and ran a 8.40 0-60 going up a slight hill,and my friend just went for one 1/4 ran in 17.8 at 84.9, so i'm also running one series size tire over stock their big winter tires, but i'm happy that there is room to improve and what conditions we were in with the bad clutch,big tires, the road, and 90's degrees out side plus my friend and i weight together is 350 lbs, so i can't wait to get clutch and synchro replaced then i'm going to start with springs,shocks, then wheels </TD></TR></TABLE>
I can't believe i even attempted reading all the way to the end of that non sense!!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redexchris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey ok good news and bad news guys, let me start off my dad

Get to my friend's house, i'm pretty excite you know getting a new cat back exhaust system ,going to update cap,rotor,plugs and wires, so we take his G-tech out to get stock times 0-60 so we can test later with exhaust, my car is a 95 ex coupe, 110*** miles on it, slipping clutch that i'm replacing here in the month with a new third gear syncrho, and we did three runs, 8.49, 8.43, 8.47, so it was consist on accelerating, plus my friend was just guessing on launchs around 3 to 5 grand, let my friend do it because he has more experience with his car and just all around driving anyway, get in his old beater truck and go to state college to pick up the exhaust,cap,rotor,plugs, the spark wires they had were ngk for like 70 bucks so i end up getting acct ones for 30 bucks, anyway on to the exhaust we get home we should have checked it there first but it was only the muffler the same as the pic about and a little piece of pipe, we were like this is a big crock of bs, we called and asked why we did'nt get a full cat like it said in the pic on their product sheet in the newspaper, so it was 105 bucks for a muffler and little pipe, so we take it back get our money back and go home and installing the other stuff, take it out and ran a 8.40 0-60 going up a slight hill,and my friend just went for one 1/4 ran in 17.8 at 84.9, so i'm also running one series size tire over stock their big winter tires, but i'm happy that there is room to improve and what conditions we were in with the bad clutch,big tires, the road, and 90's degrees out side plus my friend and i weight together is 350 lbs, so i can't wait to get clutch and synchro replaced then i'm going to start with springs,shocks, then wheels </TD></TR></TABLE>
save that kind of post for clubsi
Old 07-02-2003, 01:05 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Default Re: (Cee_mon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cee_mon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the Super Turbo Dynomax on my EG coupe....love the sound....sounds alittle deeper than stock until you step on it...but even then it isnt loud..**** its still quiet with my turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here except for no turbo and 2 1/4" piping. Love it much better than any exhaust I've ever had.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (tominos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tominos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the super turbo is not straight through right?</TD></TR></TABLE>
No it still goes through S pattern
Old 07-02-2003, 07:03 PM

where can i get this dynomax exhaust???
Old 07-02-2003, 07:24 PM

and would this thing fit on a coupe????
Old 07-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DevLishPlaya)

not trying to HIjack but does the FLowmaster sound good?anyone with experience?
Old 07-03-2003, 05:53 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Default Re: (MonKey Magic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonKey Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not trying to HIjack but does the FLowmaster sound good?anyone with experience? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but it's same performance (pretty much) and $60-$70 more expensive. It is stainless, so it will last a bit longer. I say get dynomax anyway. The flowmaster isn't worth the $ difference IMO.

To the guy that asked if it fits on a coupe and where to get it ... it fits on mine, and most muffler & brake shops carry them in stock.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (MonKey Magic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonKey Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not trying to HIjack but does the FLowmaster sound good?anyone with experience? </TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend had it on his '03 tiburon, it was deep. Then my other friend put it on his ford ranger(4 cyl). It sounds deep as all hell! Strange how that turned out..

Quick Reply: dynomax exhaust?