Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Dynomat & Quiet Car Solution?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomat & Quiet Car Solution?

Hey guys,

I am writing to you in response to some stuff I recently read on the internet. I drive a 99 Civic that has chopped springs on it. It wasn't me that cut them, the previous owner just told me they were "lowering springs". Yeah right. Anyways, nearly everything on my car either rattles, squeaks, or makes an annyoing noise that make me want to drive the car off a cliff. I get through by driving with my music decently loud, so I can barely hear everything.

So because of this I recently bought a set of Tein S. Tech springs and am currently just waiting on the arrival of my shocks to come in from Honda. I know that this will drastically improve my ride, and should stop a lot of the vibartions, but I came across a product the other day called Quiet Car.

It's purpose is essentially the same as Dynomat, that being the reduction of sound inside your car. A lot of people obviously use Dynomat because of stereo's and the vibrations they make, but I few friends use it just to lower ride noise. My question is this: Does it actually work? I am also curious to this Quiet Car and wonder if anyone has ever used this stuff. Does anyone know if it works? I want to know that if I were to apply a few coats would it stop most of my noises and vibrations? Thanks in advance.

Quiet Car: http://www.quietsolution.com/html/quietcar.html
Old 01-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dynomat & Quiet Car Solution?

its a very time consuming project but yes it will make the cabin alot quieter. my boy put something similar to dynamat and it made the inside of his gsr turbo alot quieter. just make sure you put it every where you see bare sheetmetal.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I really don't see how it could take that long for the quiet car that is. I mean all you have to do is take off your body panels in the area your doing which isn't really hard at all, and just paint it on the metal. If this really works to reduce road noise I'm going to go for it. I commute everyday for college and if the drive there is a lot quieter than what am I losing
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump... I wanna know if people have experience with this stuff!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes..did all the side panels, door panels, spare tire space, rear tire walls ..very queit now!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:09 AM

hey guys,

In regards to this topic, I can pass on my impressions!

I just picked up a 92 CX in miami about 6 months ago...My Brother and I drove in back home(Vermont). It was almost 1600 miles. Long story short, I stripped the interior of the car minus headliner and dashboard. Cleaned and prep. all metal surfaces and began the Dynomat install.

For the most part, i think in order for the Dynomat to be superior it needs to be installed the correct way.

My goal was to apply it in full...In full I mean covering all flat surfaces with no metal exposed..With that said, make sure all Dynomat is rolled out so there is no air pockets between the metal and Dynamat.

Before and after is UNREAL...Road and exhaust noise have been tonned down alot!

Now the door panels are a different story..the only thing I can say would be "be creative"?

I am not sure i did the door panels the best way but oh well.

Good luck
Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was at lows earlier this week and they sell a similar item for heat, sound, and water protection for $45. It's 100sq feet and its a stick on material.

It's in the flooring section in a plastic bag.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump, I also want to know if someone has used this stuff instead of dynomat. Also from my understanding, Dynomat is like name brand highly marketed stuff and there is some other material that is cheaper and better, if I find the article I'll share it.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Use B-quiet Ultimate instead. That is what I have.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

+1 for the bquiet. it is alot cheaper. I bought 100 sq feet two years ago and did my DA. the cabin was a lot smoother, and the bass much deeper. now I have a del sol and I am planning on doing my door panels and around the speakers in the back with what I have left. the key to it is to take your time, buy yourself a cheap heat gun from harbor freight tools and do it the right way (rolling the material down is not enough). you will soon see the difference in both your music sound and quiter cabin.