Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dual canister exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual canister exhaust

would a dual canister exhaust give more hp than a single canister?

anybody got pics of a dual exhaust on a hatchie? i like the ricey look with function
Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 AM
I love to drive

Default Re: dual canister exhaust (Rice Is Best)

Unless you're making HUGE power, I don't think going dual exhaust is needed. I think even cars like the S2000 and the SRT-4 have it for looks. If there's any advantage, it might be that your exhaust will be a littler quieter.

But if you like how it looks, then go for it. But I would suggest getting an aftermarket rear bumper. The few civics I've seen with dual exhaust look a little off because there isn't a channel for the new exhaust path.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: dual canister exhaust (Ghetto Civic HX)

no not dual exhaust. single exhaust piping but dual canister muffler. thats what i meant.

2.5" piping and dual canister for the functional ricey look
Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you talking about dual exhaust or a something like the dual N1 canister? As said above it's not gonna do much at all either way.

Ahh, beat me to it.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

function.. umm no
dual adds more weight and its not as efficent you have a ******* inline four not a v8.

not many people make dual canisters only one i can think of is dc sports but they have a problem with the hangers falling off at the welds
Old 02-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dual canister exhaust (hayabusa160)

I think he means this:

It just makes the exhaust quieter.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: dual canister exhaust (dwnthehatch)

by dual exhaust i mean something like that. would something like this help the engine breathe a little better? or make it worse?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:06 AM
H.crx-si

thats just a regular straight performance muffler with duel tips. The # of tips on a muffler have no effect on performance only in extream cases.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I love to drive

Default Re: (H.crx-si)

That muffler won't make any difference in power. But again, it's your car. If you like it then do it.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ghetto Civic HX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rice Is Best &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

by dual exhaust i mean something like that. would something like this help the engine breathe a little better? or make it worse? </TD></TR></TABLE>
it wont do a damn thing... only makes the exhaust sound farty-er...

but HEY, that means ricey-er right!!

rice
Old 02-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (HatchEh2)

A muffler will not give you any horse power.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: (90blackcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A muffler will not give you any horse power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if only this was true then i would keep a stock cx muffler mated to 2.5" piping.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rice Is Best)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rice Is Best &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if only this was true then i would keep a stock cx muffler mated to 2.5" piping. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well then read up and learn a little bit, because you should be keeping your stock muffler then. And if you knew any better you would not of made a thread like this in the first place.

All a muffler does is muffle the sound to quite things down, it might free up like 2 hp but its not gonna add hp.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:57 AM

so youre saying having a 2.5" piping and ending with a stock cx muffler would not free up more hp? if i want to keep a sleeper look just keep my stock muffler and not worry bout losing power?
Old 02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A muffler will not give you any horse power.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All a muffler does is muffle the sound to quite things down, it might free up like 2 hp but its not gonna add hp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like someone doesn't know what they are talking about...

the free'st flowing muffler will give you the most gains... period

try looking at the RSR EX-mag GTII (or GT2) straitest through design made, but it goes under the axle and hangs kinda low. the more bends the more objects or paths that restrict the flow = more back preasure and less HP (in most cases)

EDIT: just saw you said FREE UP this is very true... it will not give you any horsepower but it will let you take advantage of some that is already there and you are not getting to use. Emissions suck...
Old 02-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jon V)

omfg dual tip dtm style muffer dude they sound like ***, ******* out of style, and loosk ******* gay as ****.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rice Is Best &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so youre saying having a 2.5" piping and ending with a stock cx muffler would not free up more hp? if i want to keep a sleeper look just keep my stock muffler and not worry bout losing power?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You asked if a duel tip muffler will give you more horse power, no its not gonna give you any, it will free up some.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sounds like someone doesn't know what they are talking about...

EDIT: just saw you said FREE UP this is very true... it will not give you any horsepower but it will let you take advantage of some that is already there and you are not getting to use. Emissions suck... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yet I don't know what I'm talking about, but you edited your post because you read a little carefully and saw what I said.

And about the free flowing muffler statement, yeah its gonna add 2 more hp. Take off your a/c belt or power steering belt and you will increase your hp by 5.

If the muffler inlet and outlet match your piping on the car then your not gonna really free up anything. If the stock muffler was the same size as the piping under the car then your not gonna see any hp increase. The only way your gonna see an increase is if your old muffler is filled with concrete.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yet I don't know what I'm talking about, but you edited your post because you read a little carefully and saw what I said.

And about the free flowing muffler statement, yeah its gonna add 2 more hp. Take off your a/c belt or power steering belt and you will increase your hp by 5.

If the muffler inlet and outlet match your piping on the car then your not gonna really free up anything. If the stock muffler was the same size as the piping under the car then your not gonna see any hp increase. The only way your gonna see an increase is if your old muffler is filled with concrete.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well buddy, I think it has alot more to do with the motor its self as to what kind of gains you will see. Go ak some of the ITR guys how much power they get with just an exhaust... You will see better gains on a more powerful engine. So it might be better to do something else first (something that may not attract so much attention from the wrong kinda people), then once the motor is built a little you will see a much better gain by putting on the same exhaust system that may have only gained you 2hp previously.

By the way, I edited my post because I did read yours again and caught my mistake. You still should elaborate a little more if you know so much...

ohh and by the way you should invest in a complete exhaust system not just a muffler because as Mr blackcrx said it all works together... (header-piping-and muffler)
Old 02-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jon V)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well buddy, I think it has alot more to do with the motor its self as to what kind of gains you will see. Go ak some of the ITR guys how much power they get with just an exhaust... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah from a complet exhaust, there is a difference in a complet exhaust and just a muffler.

By the way, I edited my post because I did read yours again and caught my mistake. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just found it off that you said I did not no anything, but then you read it better and saw what I was talking about, so you edited the post. But you still left the comment about me not knowing anything.

You still should elaborate a little more if you know so much...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its really pretty simple, a muffler alone is not gonna give you horsepower and not really free any up. Sure you might see a 1 to 2 hp difference, but why not spend your money else where to get more hp.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you just want to buy the muffler, no piping, and stuff like that.. whole rice/autozone stuff.. just save your money bro... you obviously can't hack it in cars.. find something a little more suited for a 200/300 a week paycheck. Find something to go good with that g.e.d... i suggest computers, or model cars.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: (menkio)

Yeah, get that muffler, its soooooo tight, it goes WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM and is loud and annoying as hell and every ricer and his brothers mom has one, its so cool, so you should definitely get one.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: (jlacoy82)

dual canister muffler is in my book
Old 02-02-2005, 04:06 PM

Its got one muffler with TWO TIPS.

Its not a "dual canister".

Or well, I suppose you could call it a dual "canister" because those tips are about the size of Folgers coffee cans for that ultimate can of bee's sound.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol ^ my friend got that muffler on his db8, looks RIDICULOUS. I make fun of him every time he farts through town
Old 02-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dual canister exhaust (dwnthehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwnthehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think he means this:

It just makes the exhaust quieter. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend has this exhaust on his 01 civic. it is not quiet.
its just similar to the mugen twin loop

Quick Reply: dual canister exhaust