Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad?

The shocks on my car are currently sh!* and i need new ones. I saw on ebay they had Dropzone shocks and coilovers for $255 buy it now or somewere close to that. And they have a liftime warrenty on the shocks and struts but I have never herd of Dropzone before are they and good or are thay crap. I dont car if my car rides stiff or bounces a little. the current shacks are just totaly crape any coments will help. Thank You.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:14 PM

Uhmmm with stock shocks, its REALLY bouncy so with aftermarket, it should be better. Im getting Progress springs =Þ
Old 05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (jeffk182)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeffk182 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uhmmm with stock shocks, its REALLY bouncy so with aftermarket, it should be better. Im getting Progress springs =Þ</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please re-word this ****. Dropzone = You get what you pay for!
Old 05-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DixieRedneck)

drop zones are shittier then ****. there like haveing a leaky butt hole
Old 05-16-2004, 09:48 PM
F*CK THIEVES!

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

yea..shitty generic **** yo
Old 05-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (Asway)

dropzone is worse than stock?? i have oem shocks on my 93 dx i was looking at the dropzone lowering kit... $300 (shipped) for shocks, springs, struts

is it worth the extra $75 to get Tokikos??
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you get what you pay for... dropzone =&gt; ****! My cousin bought them, bouncy as hell and then added tokico blues.. helped a lil bit but why waste your time and money when you can do it right the first time with some skunk2 or ground control that will do some justice
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (imitati0n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imitati0n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dropzone is worse than stock?? i have oem shocks on my 93 dx i was looking at the dropzone lowering kit... $300 (shipped) for shocks, springs, struts

is it worth the extra $75 to get Tokikos??</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmmm so your thinking about spending 300 bucks on somethign that will give you worse handleing and over just shitty parts.

but some good adjustable dampers (koni's, KYB) depending on ur budget. then get some GOOD quality springs or coilovers whatever you prefer
Old 05-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

two of my friends are running Tokiko Whites....

it rides fine. i was under the impression that the only difference between the blues and the whites are just the springs...
white = 5-way adjustable coil-overs
blue = lowering springs (1.75")

is this not true?
Old 05-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and it's not like i'm looking for badass preformance... i'm not gonna take my car road racing or anything. my civic is getting turned into my daily driver, good mpg, reliable, etc.

i am just sick of the stock suspension making me feel like i'm driving a boat whenever i take a turn remotely fast... the whole car leans mad-style.

i just wana know if those dropzones would eliminate that or if i should just grab the tokkikos (plus theres that gap in my wheel well that i want gone too)

oh yea and the tires i'm on are from sam's club.... they were like $35 each
Old 05-25-2004, 02:06 AM

I have a '99 integra GS. I have H&R race springs, Dropzone shocks, Skunk2 front control arms, ST rear sway bar, no front sway bar, professionally aligned. I've been driving on the Dropzones since October '03. I didn't like them from day one, but for the price, they do their job. They handle the springs fine, its just that their damping curves are way off. I go over certain dip on the freeway at anything below 70 mph and there is way too much suspension travel, as in theres too much compression, and then two settling bounces. If I go over the same dip at 80 plus, the car barely flinches, its as if I've been blessed with custom valved bilsteins for that split second, there is barely any compression of the springs, and the rebound is instantaneous. The low to mid speed valving sucks on these shocks, but the high speed valving truly shines. They make the car feel heavy none the less, and unstable when driving straight. When it comes to the twisties though, the car handles extremely well. If you want to eliminate sway, you need stiffer springs and thicker sway bars. My car barely sways at all, its stays flat. I've out-cornered/outdriven 350z's, 240's with massive suspension, early gen M3's with suspension, all with experienced drivers, in the twisties. I don't street race, and although I do a ton of driving through mountains, I stay well within my limits, its just that others reach their limits before I reach mine. I have Kumhos in the rear and some pep boys tires on the front, and the rear kumhos will make noise long before my front genero's do. I think the dropzones would perform better on a car with low-pro tires that dont soften up the impacts like my cushy 55 profile pillowy soft tires do. Either way, I miss the feeling of the AGX's I had on my MR2. No flex at all, the shocks acted as sways during transitions.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (opeth13)

comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33586

/
Old 05-27-2004, 08:54 PM

I have s2 coilovers and tokico whites I have had them for about a year and no problems. I think that they are worth the extra money. As said before.. in life you get what you pay for.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imitati0n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33586

/ </TD></TR></TABLE>

For what you want to do I think that this setup is perfect.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Their coilovers suck simply because the springs are way too short. They are at least 1-2" shorter than my Skunk2's. Therefore, that may explain the shitty ride with their coilovers.

Their shocks aren't too bad. I have them paired with Skunk2 springs with Dropzone sleeves. Barely no fender gap all around on a '93 LX. Rides/handles good for what it is ... stock everything else (i.e. no sway bars).

&lt;Doesn't compare to my 2000 EX though, but that car has expensive suspension &gt;
Old 05-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (maztur)

cool... hopefully that's what i'll be running (skunk2 coilovers and dropzone shocks)

i checked out kgb gr-2's and their a lil pricey for what i wana do... but i think i can get dropzone stuff off ebay for 185 shipped, so not a bad deal
Old 07-23-2004, 10:32 PM

I bet none of these idiots that are saying "Dropzeon sucks y0!!" have ever used them. I had Dropzone coilovers in my 11 second car, and a friend had the Dropzone coilover/strut kit in his Civic. Both rode VERY nice. No bounce, comfortable ride, and handled well. No complaints here.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">drop zones are shittier then ****. there like haveing a leaky butt hole </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHHA,those damn leaky butt-holes,lmfao..........theres my 2 cents,sorry not more of a help,lol!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:43 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (SarahDelSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SarahDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bet none of these idiots that are saying "Dropzeon sucks y0!!" have ever used them. I had Dropzone coilovers in my 11 second car, and a friend had the Dropzone coilover/strut kit in his Civic. Both rode VERY nice. No bounce, comfortable ride, and handled well. No complaints here.</TD></TR></TABLE>
another idiot in denial, this is too funny. It's kind of like bitches screaming **** in parking lot "yeah we got NOS, h22, and BIG turbo and supercharger".

You are starting off on the wrong foot buddy.

I would not try their springs not to mention the shocks. $300 suspension set up is crap, hands down. Pretty much rebadged cheap *** shocks, and some unknown spring rate springs, you are better off cutting the spring on the stock shocks, lol.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would not try their </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is where your opinion becomes worthless. You have absoltuely no experience with them. I do, they were on my 11 second car, and my friend's 95 Civic. Like I said, there was absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Experience &gt; Somebodies random opinion/guess on the internet.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (ABK)

Skunk2

GC

these are your basic coilover SLEEVES, they are not REAL coil overs. See the threaded part of the sleeves, on real COILOVERS (FULL COILOVERS) the threads are on the shock.

anyways... before saying one sucks or the other, they basically look the same, why don't you look at the spring ratings on them and decide which one you would prefer. i'm telling you from experience 500 front and 400 rear is stiff if you're into comfort. I'm the type of guy that likes stiff suspension but comfortable ride, which sometimes can be contradictory with the stuff that's out there. anyways i can't talk straight right now, i'm kinda tipsy, maybe a little bit soobr in the monrning.

my suggestion Please research "linear" and "progressive" spring types. also research "contraction" and "rebound" before you start jumping the bandwagon and byuing this stuff.

yeah...research and antoher thing...g tehere is no such thing as a good steup, suspension is all relative to how the driver likes it, you know?

k thx bye.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (frostcivic)

P is foor porgraressive
L is for linar

Skunk2 Coilovers - new - 500F/400r (L/L)

Ground Control Coilover - 380F/280R (P/P)

Old 07-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (frostcivic)

eibach and hyper coil are the 2 best springs out there and everything else is well ****.

skunk 2 WILL NOT SAY who makes there springs there for they are ****.

ebiach ERS springs are not progress they are linear i don't know were you got your info from.

and as for you comment "they both look the same" well buddy if you into suppension for looks then go pick up some chrome and BLING IT OUT y0!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (slammed_93_hatch)

i have the Dropzone coilovers w/ stock struts. I would not recommend it. Maybe the full kit will work fine, but it's certainly not the best i can tell you that.

GC + Koni Yellows!
Old 07-24-2004, 01:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad? (handa)

ug.. trying to talk a ricer out of buying dropzone is worthless... enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: Dropzone shocks and coilovers good or bad?