Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching.

Okay so its a 1997 ex coupe the driver side window fell out of the plastic part that is closer to the side mirror.

i took the panel of to see what exactly had happened and i saw that the long plastic piece that is on the side closer to the side mirror all the way to the bottom was out of place. the window is not inside between the plastic piece.

the only thing i can come up with is that on the bottom of the window there is a rail on that rail it can be moved back and forth and when i pull it all the way back it still is slightly short of just being able to move it over into between the plastic.

So on that rail there is 2 10mm i believe nuts that hold the window with some white plastic piece and if i remove them maybe i can push th e window even farther back to slip it into the plastic and once in i can go ahead and screw the nuts in place... is this correct???

any other ideas would help. i dont think the regulator is shot it still works..
Old 11-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (ek2k)

bump for some help..
Old 11-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (ek2k)

Try to unbolt the window from the track, Then move the mirror side of the window down, and the opposite site up, that way you can slide the corner into the position it's supposed to be in, then the rest of the window will follow. The same thing just happend on my 1994 EX coup and this worked for me.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (Redlite)

just take of those two bolts and you can lift the whole window out of the sliders... then just reposition it starting with the side closest to the mirror.. slide that side in first then the other side and work it down the sliders making sure it stays on track on both sides.. then put the bolts back in and you should be good to go :D
had to do this so many times when i did my power window conversion
Old 11-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (alltech_hybrid)

thanks alot guys i kinda had the same idea but i just wanted some backup to know if i was trying to do it right..thanks...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, if you roll the window down almost all the way you have access to those two bolts, ,loosen them but dont take them off completely.

its kinda difficult to get them back in, if you just loosen them the window will slide to the right a little and you can remove the window, then set it back on track, tighten the bolts

Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (93egsedan)

thanks alot 93egsedan.

so just loosen them right. thanks.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 AM

welcome to the wonderful world oh EK's. take the panel off the door and loosen the front track-two nuts i believe. theh you just put the tracks back over the window and put everything back together. practice doing this seeing as you will have to perform this every couple of monthes.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (Mr. Wonderful)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Wonderful &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welcome to the wonderful world oh EK's. take the panel off the door and loosen the front track-two nuts i believe. theh you just put the tracks back over the window and put everything back together. practice doing this seeing as you will have to perform this every couple of monthes.</TD></TR></TABLE>
same with eg's they fall out of track easily. doing this everyday...
Old 11-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (jdmdc2y0)

how does something like that even happen? By looking at the window and the track there is like no pissible way for it to just fall out of the track. I still can't figure it out.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (alltech_hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alltech_hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just take of those two bolts and you can lift the whole window out of the sliders... then just reposition it starting with the side closest to the mirror.. slide that side in first then the other side and work it down the sliders making sure it stays on track on both sides.. then put the bolts back in and you should be good to go :D
had to do this so many times when i did my power window conversion </TD></TR></TABLE>

**** tell me about it...i was getting so pissed cus my windows weren't going back on right after i installed my power actuators lol!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (Redlite)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redlite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how does something like that even happen? By looking at the window and the track there is like no pissible way for it to just fall out of the track. I still can't figure it out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its a very common problem. these are economy cars. alot of people still dont get it.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 PM

I hate my windows, both of them are out of place. Im going to try the above. My other one, it seems, has no hope!!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Driver Side window fell out of place!! Help did some searching. (djxr1_2000SI)

so in case anyone was wondering i went and fixed it over the weekend now it works great hopefully for a while. for future refference if anyone needs to fix theirs too follow the instructions given above by removing the two 10mm nuts at the bottom of the rail that way you can lift up your window and move it into place.