Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>>

after reading 100+ posts on HT about catback, i figured your in one of two catogories , it's easy or it was a bitch and the muffler shop had to finish mine. The hardest part of the entire install is gettintg the 2 or three bolts holding the cat to the rest of your exhaust. If you get these off your in the homestretch. Keep in mind i am new to working on cars. This was my first job ever and it was finished in 1 1/2 hours(includind cooling time) of course the magnaflow i bought for 315 new wes a perfect fit. Pics to follow soon. So if your considering doing it yourself DO IT is;t i good learning experience. caution to potential magnaflow customers, dont buy this exhaust unless you want a QUIET deep exhaust. It sound beautiful if you ask me more like a greedy sp2 than say a apex n1
Old 06-04-2004, 06:43 AM
Electrician

Make things easier and do a How-To (even thought most of us on here don't need one to install an exhaust system), but good for the n00bs.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>> (Mrwool983455)

um so...

READ the forum Rules and Guidelines.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797969
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Please do a search on your question BEFORE you post a topic.

Please try searching numerous key words under "recent" and "archived" topics in this forum and in the Hybrid Forum, or any other forum that applies to your topic at hand.

This forum is being ruined by too many of the same tired "B16A vs. B18C1?" topics and "Should I boost my SOHC or Get a Swap?" type topics. We understand that you want guidance, but rather than post an open topic, why not o some searching and find members here that have had successful builds/swaps and carry on an IM conversation with him or her?

We do care about what you want to do, but when we have literally 10 open topics about the exact same thing it gets highly annoying. This MB is here for ALL of us, not just one person who thinks we should all cater to him or her by posting in his or her topic while he or she NEVER performs searches and doesn't even browse the topics in the first few pages of the forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Official Exhaust thread.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=856670
Old 06-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>> (Mrwool983455)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mrwool983455 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">after reading 100+ posts on HT about catback, i figured your in one of two catogories , it's easy or it was a bitch and the muffler shop had to finish mine. The hardest part of the entire install is gettintg the 2 or three bolts holding the cat to the rest of your exhaust. If you get these off your in the homestretch. Keep in mind i am new to working on cars. This was my first job ever and it was finished in 1 1/2 hours(includind cooling time) of course the magnaflow i bought for 315 new wes a perfect fit. Pics to follow soon. So if your considering doing it yourself DO IT is;t i good learning experience. caution to potential magnaflow customers, dont buy this exhaust unless you want a QUIET deep exhaust. It sound beautiful if you ask me more like a greedy sp2 than say a apex n1</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cookie for you. You paid $315 new? If you're getting into this game you gotta learn how to shop. I got the same system for $175 used for 3 weeks. I also had a problem with the flange at the cat. But it was nothing to torch the bolts and air chisel it apart. I agree with the sound being beautiful also. You're going to want to get new rubber hangers (adjustable) for the back, otherwise you'll melt the black nylon trim at the bottom of the bumper. Happy tuning n00b. Please be sure to read this https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797969 and this https://honda-tech.com/zerohelp?topic=tos before posting anymore. Enjoy your stay here at Honda-Tech.

Dimi, you're such an ***, n00b
Old 06-04-2004, 06:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>> (JRI94)

dimi.. hush you have 10 post you ******* noob.
jri.. hows my stalker doing .. smooches !
Old 06-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

he's been here longer than you Dewmota. but its still not funny when you do it, Dimi. don't attempt to copy Bauley.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>> (DewMota)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DewMota &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dimi.. hush you have 10 post you ******* noob.
jri.. hows my stalker doing .. smooches ! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Look who's stalking me high school boy :middle finger:
Old 06-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DONT WORRY CATBACK INSTALLS ARE EASIER THAN THEY SAY>>>>>> (JRI94)

hahaha its like you have a fan JRI94. you still running your tires on 50psi? haha thats crazy.