Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DOHC ZC OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOHC ZC OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion?!?

I just got a OBD0 JDM dohc zc along with a OBD1 zc hydro tranny and OBD1 pr4 ecu. Has anyone done this setup? What do i do with the crankcase sensor? What else besides this needs to be modified for this setup to work? The swap is for an eg. I tried searching and came up with nothing. Any and all help would be valued and appreciated.

Also, does my d15b7 distributor, cap, rotor, and wires fit on the obd0 zc?...if not, could someone tell me a setup that would work?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: DOHC ZC OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion?!? (9500redline)

??
Old 08-01-2005, 07:19 AM

anybody?!?!?theres plenty of information on obd0 zc's, just not how to swap them into a obd1 car.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 9500redline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got a OBD0 JDM dohc zc along with a OBD1 zc hydro tranny and OBD1 pr4 ecu. Has anyone done this setup? What do i do with the crankcase sensor? What else besides this needs to be modified for this setup to work? The swap is for an eg. I tried searching and came up with nothing. Any and all help would be valued and appreciated.

Also, does my d15b7 distributor, cap, rotor, and wires fit on the obd0 zc?...if not, could someone tell me a setup that would work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to worry! I've done this swap in my 93 del sol. First of all, the PR4 ECU is for an LS Integra and is going to run quite rich and foul your plugs. (I've tried it). Secondly, the distrubutor off your D15B7 will work ONLY IF IT HAS TO. If I remember correctly we had to notch one of the ears off and use only one bolt (the top bolt) with some ghetto washers and such. It worked for about a year like that then sprung an oil leak on a 100-mile trip. After replacing O-ring after O-ring, it just didn't want to seal up.

Solution: Get an OBD1 ZC Dizzy. VERY rare part. Its part number is TD-43U and I think that Distrubutor King carries them. They will bolt up to the DOHC ZC head perfectly and just use a cam end block-off for the CYP sensor (on your exhaust cam).

edit: I had to use Ebay to find the Distributor King Dizzy since their web site is under construction. Also, It was cheaper there than two other web sites I googled up.

Solution for the ECU: Chip your PR4 or get your P06 (from D15B7) chipped and run a "P29" Program. You can find a stock Program for a P29 (OBD1 DOHC ZC) online or I can provide you with one.

Hope that gives some good info, and good luck finishing up the swap!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: DOHC ZC OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion?!? (Ace0246)

Thanks! Well that solves one of many questions. But what to do with the wiring?

How do i convert OBD0 to OBD1? Should all the wiring be plug and play?

Will the OBD1 ZC tranny work fine with the dx axels?
I heard u have to find a rare half shaft as well.
Can i use my d15b7 intake manifold?
The plug wires, plugs, cap, and rotor for a 89 integra should work?

Again, I am tryin to swap an OBD0 DOHC ZC mated with a OBD1 ZC tranny into my 92 dx.

If someone could clear me up in this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 9500redline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks! Well that solves one of many questions. But what to do with the wiring?

How do i convert OBD0 to OBD1? Should all the wiring be plug and play?

Will the OBD1 ZC tranny work fine with the dx axels?
I heard u have to find a rare half shaft as well.
Can i use my d15b7 intake manifold?
The plug wires, plugs, cap, and rotor for a 89 integra should work?

Again, I am tryin to swap an OBD0 DOHC ZC mated with a OBD1 ZC tranny into my 92 dx.

If someone could clear me up in this would be greatly appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You will have to use your ZC Intake Manifold. I would recommend using your OBD-1 Wiring harness off your D15B7. You can hook up your OBD-1 Electronics on to the ZC such as your OBD1 Throttle Position Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, Intake Air Temperature Sensor. I'm using an External MAP sensor on mine. The plug for that sensor was compatible with an OBD-1 Harness, although I don't remember if it came from an OBD-0 car or an OBD-1. I can't think of any OBD-1 Hondas that have an external MAP sensor, and if memory serves me right, there is no MAP sensor in a ZC T.B. I'm thinking we used the ZC Throttle Body on mine, and had to drill out the rivets and remove the OBD-0 TPS and put in place an OBD-1 TPS (after drilling its rivets, using Hex Screws to install) but it has been a while.

I have never seen an OBD-1 ZC Hydraulic Trans. The only half-shaft I was aware of was for an OBD-0 Cable Tranny. I'm thinking your axles might work with it, but i'm not positive on that...so if anyone else has a comment on this, feel free to chime in!

I wouldn't worry about the cap and rotor. just use the Cap and Rotor that was meant for the distributor you are using. (If using a P06 (Single Cam) Distributor (rigged) than get a P06 cap and rotor, and use the plug wires and plugs for the 89 Integra. I use Magnecore. If you get the TD43U Dizzy, then it's plug and play and everything will be good to go. Good luck!