Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dohc zc motor jdm d15b tranny axle help

Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 dohc zc motor jdm d15b tranny axle help

i have a 94 honda civic with a dohc zc swap its automatic, i messed up the zc tranny so i bought a jdm d15b tranny from the jdm engine depot and everything bolted up perfect no problems but i went to go put my axles in and there jus not fitting. they fit in fine wit no problems wit the zc tranny but now wit the d15b tranny its like the axle head tht goes into the tranny on both the drivers and passengers side are too small, i took a b series axle and visualy compared the sizes and it looks to be the same size as a b series. anyone have this problem or know an answer please i need help thanks.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dohc zc motor jdm d15b tranny axle help

106 views and no answers? help please
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if it applies to hydro DOHC ZC specific transmissions but with cable DOHC ZC transmissions the axles are unique in that they use an intermediate shaft and equal length axles. If it's the same difference, then you'll have to use the unequal length axles that the Civic normally uses.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 24TEN
Not sure if it applies to hydro DOHC ZC specific transmissions but with cable DOHC ZC transmissions the axles are unique in that they use an intermediate shaft and equal length axles. If it's the same difference, then you'll have to use the unequal length axles that the Civic normally uses.
my problem realy has nothing todo wit the zc motor the whole problem is with the tranny i cant find axles tht fit in a auto jdm d15b tranny, it sounds so simple but i jus cant find any tht fit, the hole in the tranny where the axle goes is bigger then all the single axles i try to put in, its more lik the diameter of a b series axles
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any one else had this problem
Old 09-13-2012, 07:39 AM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T0nY Gl0wS
my problem realy has nothing todo wit the zc motor the whole problem is with the tranny
My response had nothing to do with any ZC motor, it was a specific axle difference unique to the older DOHC ZC specific transmissions. From your first post:

Originally Posted by T0nY Gl0wS
i have a 94 honda civic with a dohc zc swap its automatic, i messed up the zc tranny so i bought a jdm d15b tranny from the jdm engine depot and everything bolted up perfect no problems but i went to go put my axles in and there jus not fitting. they fit in fine wit no problems wit the zc tranny but now wit the d15b tranny its like the axle head tht goes into the tranny on both the drivers and passengers side are too small, i took a b series axle and visualy compared the sizes and it looks to be the same size as a b series. anyone have this problem or know an answer please i need help thanks.
It sounds like you tried to use your existing axles from a DOHC ZC full swap on a D15B transmission. This is why I posted what I did.

Do your current axles have two equal length shafts and a half/midshaft? Or is it one long and one short axle?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 24TEN
My response had nothing to do with any ZC motor, it was a specific axle difference unique to the older DOHC ZC specific transmissions. From your first post:

It sounds like you tried to use your existing axles from a DOHC ZC full swap on a D15B transmission. This is why I posted what I did.

Do your current axles have two equal length shafts and a half/midshaft? Or is it one long and one short axle?
yea i went to use the axles i had in my zc tranny (which were un equal length with no half shaft lik normal single axles) and the length and everything is fine they fit in the hub good and bolt up but the "head" tht goes into the tranny witth the teeth wont lock in and the hole in the tranny where it would go in is bigger then the actual axle, ita lik i need a custom axle cus lik i said the length and "hub side" is fine its jus the part tht goes in the tranny is too small, it needs to be the diameter of a b series axle
Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hheeelllpppppppp