Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Doesnt start after swapping my dash Any ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesnt start after swapping my dash Any ideas???

Well since its snowing and cold i figured id make a post and get some info till i can work on it tommorw..I swapped out my old dash(had white paint all over it) for a new one it was from a 99 so i just swapped harness and sensors so i wouldnt have any problems hooked everything up, no empty plugs ect. I got to start it and there is fuel just no spark...i unplug everything and pluged it back in still doesnt start cranks over just doesnt start... and ideas befor i pull the dash back out? i did try to start it the first time without the mainrelay plugs in then noticed it so pluged it in same thing..tryed the 99 relay and still no start.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Doesnt start after swapping my dash Any ideas??? (lshatch1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well since its snowing and cold i figured id make a post and get some info till i can work on it tommorw..I swapped out my old dash(had white paint all over it) for a new one it was from a 99 so i just swapped harness and sensors so i wouldnt have any problems hooked everything up, no empty plugs ect. I got to start it and there is fuel just no spark...i unplug everything and pluged it back in still doesnt start cranks over just doesnt start... and ideas befor i pull the dash back out? i did try to start it the first time without the mainrelay plugs in then noticed it so pluged it in same thing..tryed the 99 relay and still no start.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if the car was working fine prior to the swap, then there is something you are over looking. retrace your step and be patient, it's most likely something simple.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Doesnt start after swapping my dash Any ideas??? (philosofy1)

yeah i know its jsut to cold and dark to go work on it now so i was seeing if anyone had the same problem i worked on it all day today and didnt find anything wrong..so tommrow i will pull it out and see if anything looks funny
Old 12-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i know its jsut to cold and dark to go work on it now so i was seeing if anyone had the same problem i worked on it all day today and didnt find anything wrong..so tommrow i will pull it out and see if anything looks funny </TD></TR></TABLE>

don't forget to plug everything into the fuse box. double check all wires, make sure none are damaged, don't forget ground wires too, without them nothing will work.

just did a dash swap about 3 weeks ago. took all the wiring from the old dash and put it onto the new dash, had no problems.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Doesnt start after swapping my dash Any ideas??? (philosofy1)

same thing i did used the old wiring so i wouldnt have problems what grounds are there? the denso plug is prounded on the dirver,also one small ground for the cd player,the mail relay is also grounded/bolted to the passenger side? any other grounds i forgot? i went out side right now to look again(cause its buggin me that much) and no luck
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM

anyone?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:40 AM

checked all the fuses today no power to the starter signal took the dash out to see if i could see anything not hooked up or a bad ground and nothin...im going to throw it back in later and try to run a wire directly to the starter as i crank it over(tryed it already but wasnt cranking it over since i was alone) im starting to hate this car and ive only had it for a week