Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"?

my car got stolen back in dec and i start it every few weeks. and this weekend when me and my dad started it he heard it missing and i didnt notice it till he pointed it out. Now when they stole the car they took my Vtec controller and Carb fiber intake, Would these 2 combos make the car "miss"? or could it be another problem.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Re: does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"? (frog169)

i doubt its the vafc or the intake. might wanna check the plugs.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Re: does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"? (ci_v_ic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ci_v_ic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i doubt its the vafc or the intake. might wanna check the plugs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

before the car got stolen we did the major tune up all plugs,wires,dcap, oil change, as well as serviced the tranny. (i drove it from NC to Cali) we wanted fresh records to go off of.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you think the people who stole it drove it nicley?

no

they beat the **** out of the car. because they are worthless individuals who needs to be cleansed from the planet.

you need to do a basic "tune up" and inspection.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you think the people who stole it drove it nicley?

no

they beat the **** out of the car. because they are worthless individuals who needs to be cleansed from the planet.

you need to do a basic "tune up" and inspection. </TD></TR></TABLE>

/agree... ******* need to be stabed in the eye... with a fork... :-P id figure even if they did get up on it wouldnt be to much of a beating cuz the car was found about 5 maybe 10miles away? and they had to be in that area some what cuz they didnt leave the hood or rims on the car either so i doubt they would drive far distances with no hood/tires unless they want cops to suspect somthing and pull over for the blinking lights (piece of **** alarm)
Old 07-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

unless they wired your ecu back up normally when they stole your afc, then your computer is not reading a map signal, oil presure and vtec,(if they apply) and anothe wire called vtm usually has to be cut. my buddy unplugged his the other day to send it back to apexi cause the screen went out and his car would barely phukin run, so yes very much, missing an afc could cause your car to run like ****.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Re: does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"? (JSPECSIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unless they wired your ecu back up normally when they stole your afc, then your computer is not reading a map signal, oil presure and vtec,(if they apply) and anothe wire called vtm usually has to be cut. my buddy unplugged his the other day to send it back to apexi cause the screen went out and his car would barely phukin run, so yes very much, missing an afc could cause your car to run like ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

phew what a releaf. i thought it was gonna be something major. im debaiting if i want to get a 92 cluster with a p30 ecu, or get another vtec controler
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

id get a p28 and socket and chip it.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: does a vtec controler or intake make your car "miss"? (JSPECSIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id get a p28 and socket and chip it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

right now it has a p72 but use to run a vtec controller, living in cali its either stay illegel with the vtec controller and get a tach, or do it the legel way get a p30 and gauge cluster.. cali laws suck i just want the least ammount of reasons to get sent to a ref. and if i do end up getting sent to a ref i want most of the stuff already done to be "legel' so i dont have to buy a whole buncha stuff.